No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that it's just hanging out at this stage and hasn't tried to turn into something worse is a major plus in favor of primal, I usually caught everything and turned it into an URI.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I can honestly say, since cutting out the bulk of my grains, I don't get sick any more. As in, no sinus infection in almost a yr...no, over a yr. And those always turned into a URI.
      Something else, I stopped cereal/milk daily at that time...and no issues since. But if I drink a milkshake, I get phlegmy.

Get well...
      Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

• Why, oh why, do I always flop on Sun night? I even ate before I went over to my in-laws. Had some chorizo and beans, a slice of cake (it's really hard to turn down cake when a 7 year old slices it herself and hands it to you), and then some ice cream when I got home. Funny thing is, even after all that, I fell BETTER today than I did yesterday (aside from some minor bowel rumblings.)
        Back on track.
        Forgot my lunch, apparently, I'm IFing today through lunch.
        Dinner will be a T-bone, some Brussel sprouts, and some other vegetation.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hi Naiad!

Hope you are feeling 100% today!
          Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• Oh boy, specs and contracts. Just THE most exciting work.... At least it beats copying old plans into AutoCAD.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• For those who think I'm joking about my soil around here being sandy and then rock, here's a soil boring log:
              0-5 Topsoil
              5-40 Caliche
              40-45 Rock
              45-135 Sandstone
              135-155 Yellow Clay
              155-204 Blue Clay
              204-216 Mixed Clay
              216-240 Sandy Clay
              240-252 Sand
              252-260 Red Bed
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• ... That meant nothing to me... love you still! NERD!

Anywho. I am glad you are feeling slightly better? Sorry your work is kinda boring but not HORRIBLY boring and I really hope you feel better soon... UM there was something else-

Sundays are hard for me too..

I missed you while I was gone glad to be back we should Skype this week sometime if we both have the opportunity.

ANNND thanks for bein a rock star!

<3 your South Dakota friend
                Manda
                Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• For those clueless as to those numbers, that's in feet from the surface.
                  Lunch did happen, wnet to the store and got summer sausage, bagged salad (a fairly decent blend with included vinaigrette dressing, almonds and dried cranberries), and minced garlic. Threw it all together and called it a salad.
                  Is it bad if I ate an entire bag of salad meant for a family and an ounce of chopped of garlic in one sitting? 'Cause that and 3 oz summer sausage was lunch....
                  Last edited by naiadknight; 11-08-2010, 11:51 AM.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sounds like a FANTASTIC lunch to me, Naiad

Comment

• The only problem I see is that you shorted yourself on the summer sausage. I think 8 ounces minimum next time.
                      Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

• I can't handle that much salt. That's why there was so little sausage. That and I really wanted more veggie than meat, given that dinner is steak.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• My brain hurts. The communication between upper management seems to be a telepathic mind frequency that I haven't picked up yet. And their server set- up, while it could theoretically be a perfect setup, would be even better if people put stuff where it belonged and used the same format each time. I'm playing a game of hide and seek with the files I need while both my bosses are out of the office.
                          ETA: I'm gonna start keeping a Big Blue Clue Bat in my office, probably mounted on the wall. I'm hoping this ridiculousness just comes from them being shorthanded before me.
                          Last edited by naiadknight; 11-08-2010, 02:13 PM.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• LMAO! I absolutely LOVE the bat idea. I say do it!

Comment

• Dinner: Pan cooked T-Bone, 8 roasted garlic sprouts and half a cup of broccoli (both marinated together in olive oil and garlic and then spritzed with lemon juice).
                              dessert: 1 plum
                              Last edited by naiadknight; 11-08-2010, 08:18 PM.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Getting going before the Holidays!
                                1)Keep up the avoidance of dairy, including cheese, excluding butter.
                                Did it, not even butter today.
                                2) Keep carbs over 50g/ day.
                                73 g
                                3) Lift weights and figure out how to sprint without dying as it gets colder.
                                trying to get my breathing apparati back under control before I try that.
                                4) Make sleep a priority. At least 7 hrs a night, preferably 9.
                                Nope. Between the in laws, laundry and helping Husband pack, I fell asleep at around 1, giving myself all of 5 hours sleep. It would've been 5 hrs:45 but Husband had to get up earlier to catch a flight
                                5) Keep kcal above 1350, preferably around 1700- 2000.
                                Yep, again, without even trying. 1772 kcal,75g protein, 73g carbs, 133 g fat.
                                Got my #10 in, too, thanks to mind reading.
                                Last edited by naiadknight; 11-08-2010, 08:19 PM.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X