X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And that...is PERFECT.

Love you, Chica <3<3<3

Comment

• <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3333333333333333333333333 you too, Kuno!
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Late night snack: 1 plum and a large mug of calming tea- Tazo Calm plus a blend from the farmer's market (chamomile, rose, hibiscus, spearmint)
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think I'm actually going to have to accept that this crap isn't allergies. Sore throat, stuffed up/ runny nose, gummy ears (producing more earwax and interfering with hearing),and hocking up gunk (thick and chewy, but not colorful.) I think it's the stuff that put my "never gets sick" husband out of commission for half a week. I'm fine right now, just those symptoms and a VERY low grade feeling of ick. I think I 'll drink some more tea, pop some expectorant pills, and chew some garlic.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• oh no...
            its spreading.

good luck!
            sigpic

Comment

• yeah, it's all over the globe. I got it too. Even in the backwaters of Norway.
              Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                Everywhere I've worked, my buddies at the office have drawn the parallel between me and Alice.
                Yes your Alice-like qualities shine through even through the inter-tubes.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                I have an Alice comic on my wall at work: shows Alice in her cubicle, Tina the tech writer walks in and says "Teach me to be an engineer. I don't care if it takes all afternoon."
                OK now my turn for the big laugh. I am an aerospace engineer by undergrad training so I feel qualified to appreciate your humor, dear NK.

Unrelated digression #1 : What does " <3 " mean ? I see you guys use it and I look and look and can't quite figure it out. The reptile in me sees boobs, but maybe its a big pair of lips smooching ? Please explain.

Unrelated digression #2 : At the moment I am borderline giddy. Just turned my clock back for an hour more of lazy Sunday morning and fired up a pound of bacon for me and the still sleepy wife. Life is good. Taking egg orders next ...
                Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

• Oh and by the way about the nose throat gunk last 2 weeks - My office is packed with it. At the worst cases I throw some antibiotics and steroids at it to shrink it all down but honestly for the life of me I can't figure it out. It would seem viral by history and associated complaints but looks very much allergy related on physical exam. So I'm winging it at this point. I have it myself; so does wife. Just blast my nose out in the shower (wife delights in that - not) and press on for the day. Time will heal this and most wounds.
                  Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

• Feel better, Naiad! Everyone is passing this around here. They can keep it!
                    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                      Ugh, hope you downgrade yer low grade to no grade w/ a quickness!

Keep kicking ass @ yer job, Alice.
                      +10
                      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse
                      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Joe, it's a sideways heart. As in "love."
                        Thanks for all the well wishing, guys. As of right now, it's more irritating than anything. The ick feeling is negligible at the moment, I'm still hocking up crap, I still have that post nasal clogged feeling, and my nose still switching back and forth between being a faucet and being jammed tight.
                        As to the job, I think I may have found a decent place. I have a tea towel with 20 of the Murphy Laws on it and have attached several buttons with sayings like " Not a morning person doesn't even begin to cover it," and "Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?" One of my new bosses walks in and sees it tacked to the wall. "Ah, Murphy's Laws." "Yep, I'm a firm believer." "You'll fit right in here."
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe View Post
                          Oh and by the way about the nose throat gunk last 2 weeks - My office is packed with it. At the worst cases I throw some antibiotics and steroids at it to shrink it all down but honestly for the life of me I can't figure it out. It would seem viral by history and associated complaints but looks very much allergy related on physical exam...
                          This is indeed some crazy stuff GC got seriously sick two weeks ago (as in, 216-sick), and he's still not 100%. I put this down to his little Petri Dish of a son, who has just started Kindergarten this year. But I've had two instances of "fighting something off" during the same time period, and I'd expect that once would be enough for a virus? Hopefully we'll all be past it, soon---whatever the f**k it is.
                          ICK.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            "Ah, Murphy's Laws." "Yep, I'm a firm believer." "You'll fit right in here."
                            And they're SO lucky to have you

Comment

• Dinner: leftover Genghis grill and an experimental curry. Said curry contains bacon, sardines (picked 'em up at the HEB. Remind me of a fishier tuna), garlic, onion, green bean, tomato, coconut milk, chicken broth and yellow curry powder. It could stand some tweaking, but it tastes decent as is.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                                (as in, 216-sick)
                                Yay I'm famous! oh wait... I'm famous for getting sick.

well, that DOES seem accurate.

Hope you kick is swiftly Naiad!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X