• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
    Glad you didn't break PB!

Hard pack sand in heels

I hope you didn't roll your eyes at the meeting
    I've done the sand in heels thing before, hard pack sand and limestone are about all there is out here. Then somebody says at the meeting (that I found ot about after I arrived that morning) "Let's go out to the site!" Oh well. Works those... whatever muscles it works.
    I had to try HARD not to roll my eyes or interrupt the presenter with the "Give me the numbers, I'll prove to them how that works!"
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• LOL, I'll bet. Meetings can be.... interesting!
      sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Eyerolling is generally not socially acceptable is it, nor is holding hands over ears while saying "la la la la la"?

Too bad really, sometimes it is best to nod and smile, nod and smile, but in reality you just want to scream.

On another note though: Happy you've found such a great new job!
        Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Good job staying Primal. Hate it when I get stuck in those situations. Such a pain.

LOL- I swear everyone can relate to that nod & smile, nod & smile, while inside going "OMG, CAN I PLZ JUST LEEEEEEEVE!"

Comment

• Dinner: seaweed salad, 2 packs of sushi (including rice, an always acceptable PB 20% in my eyes)
            Hung out with aforementioned folks, had 2 mugs water, 1/2 mug homemade beer (made by Officemate and his father), and 3 glasses merlot over 6 hours. No, I dn't regret it. Yes, I had fun.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Can it get even better? Yes it can! Uncle Sam finally coughed up my debit card and my monies from being unemployed!
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
                Eyerolling is generally not socially acceptable is it, nor is holding hands over ears while saying "la la la la la"?

Too bad really, sometimes it is best to nod and smile, nod and smile, but in reality you just want to scream.

On another note though: Happy you've found such a great new job!
                Sometimes I just watch an old PONG game in my head. "Pook----POOK----pook----POOKPOOK."
                No one has ever caught on

Comment

• I generally just visualize myself beating the person I am most irritated with in new and inventive ways. Or I play SuperMarioWorld in my head.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• With a sweet smile on your face?
                    Priceless <3

Comment

• Of course with a smile. Occasionally, it drifts towards a Wednesday Addams smile, but I can usually catch that.
                      Dinner: Genghis grill.
                      Total guesstimated intake:
                      1561 kcal, 43 g carbs (I need to get that up, I may have a plum later), 116 g protein, 96g fat.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Mmmm... my favorite is to picture their voice like the adults in all of the Peanuts cartoons. You know "Hwahh, hwahh hwahh, hwahh, hwahh, hwahhhhhhhh."
                        sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
                          Mmmm... my favorite is to picture their voice like the adults in all of the Peanuts cartoons. You know "Hwahh, hwahh hwahh, hwahh, hwahh, hwahhhhhhhh."
                          Oh, crap...I had forgotten about this
                          You have just helped me through my next meeting.

Comment

• Holy crow, how to listen to stupid clients! You're AWESOME Minx.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• NK at her new job dealing with clients ...

FistofDeath..jpg
                              Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

• BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........
                                You have NO idea how much of a belly laugh I got out of that, Joe. Everywhere I've worked, my buddies at the office have drawn the parallel between me and Alice. I have an Alice comic on my wall at work: shows Alice in her cubicle, Tina the tech writer walks in and says "Teach me to be an engineer. I don't care if it takes all afternoon."
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X