Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    Oh wow. Pavlovian response or just the way she's wired? or both?
    I think both, but I know other people who will see the clock and be "starving". "It's 12:00, I must be hungry."

I thought the "Oops, nope its 11:30" and her reaction were priceless
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Hey Naiadknight!

Congratulations on the new job!!

Your Halloween costume rocks!
      Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• I was the same way. It was the 1130 thing that made me think pavlovian.

Work was actually pretty awesome. The first half of the morning was meet and greet, paperwork, and the whiz quiz. Right afterward, they set me loose on a couple projects. Quick, simple ones, but being given the project and told "here's an example, here's the project, go nuts" ROCKED. No micromanagement, but management is there if they are needed. I ate lunch alone (), but now I know to take my lunch. Got offered tickets to the homecoming TTU game in a suite. Still debating on whether or not to go (not big on college football, but it'd look good.)
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

Work was actually pretty awesome.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          Got offered tickets to the homecoming TTU game in a suite. Still debating on whether or not to go (not big on college football, but it'd look good.)
          Go. Look good
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Getting going before the Holidays!

1)Keep up the avoidance of dairy, including cheese, excluding butter.
            I'm willing to bet there was dairy in that soup.
            2) Keep carbs over 50g/ day.
            Yep, 70g
            3) Lift weights and figure out how to sprint without dying as it gets colder.
            rest day (DOMS is a bitch)
            4) Make sleep a priority. At least 7 hrs a night, preferably 9.
            Kinda. Fell asleep around 2215, woke up around 1 am for about 15 min, slept gain until 10 min before my alarm went off. Call it around 8 hrs total.
            5) Keep kcal above 1350, preferably around 1700- 2000.
            uhhhh.. I'm sitting at 1169, after that dark chocolate (2 squares lindt). And I'm NOT hungry. Not even cocnut milk ice cream or pecans sound too terribly appetizing. buttered... something does though. Oooooohhhh.... Chocolate butter.... I have my cal goal met. 1545 kcal, 87g carbs

ETA: Who the hell packages salted and unsalted butter the exact same way?! My chocolate butter was actually pretty tasty once I added some honey to counteract the salt lick.
            Last edited by naiadknight; 11-03-2010, 04:39 AM.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• glad the job's going well...SO FAR and you're absolute hotness in your halloween costume!

i dont know if you're doing starches, but shit like squash and sweet potato can get your carbs up quite nicely. avocado, too.
              sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Thanks, Bats! Yeah, I eat a fair amount of zuke, but avocado and sweet potato just get forgotten about around here. I eat them if I remember I have them. Most of the winter squashes, I'm kinda hit or miss on. Spag squash was really sweet, so that's kinda iffy most days, acorn squash is ok if I can get my paws on it, the little dumpling squash I have are good if I remember to cook them long enough. I grew up absolutely hating squash, so it's taking me some real effort to convince myself to eat the winter squashes. Pumpkin's good, but I can only get my hands on canned, no pie pumpkins this year.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• GAH! It's FRIGID in this office. I'm wearing a long sleeve t-shirt under my long sleeve button- down and jeans and my combat boots AND have the space heater on and I'm just barely warm enough to function.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

And I'm NOT hungry. Not even cocnut milk ice cream or pecans sound too terribly appetizing. buttered... something does though. Oooooohhhh.... Chocolate butter....

ETA: Who the hell packages salted and unsalted butter the exact same way?! My chocolate butter was actually pretty tasty once I added some honey to counteract the salt lick.
                    Tell me about this Chocolate Butter.........
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• WnC: cocoa powder +softened butter stirred to an even consistency and distribution. Just don't use salted butter on accident. Trust me on this one.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch: leftover chicken neck stoup. I'm gonna need to dose up on the carbs tonight.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• MMmmmm chicken soup.... yea know, that is a great idea for today.... haven't had any in awhile but I have some chicken in the freezer that I can throw in a crock pot and cook up! Hope you are having a great day Naiad!
                          sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Actually soup does sound rather good I might make some for this evening and tomorrow.
                            "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• This particular one pretty much requires you to gnaw the bones, so I'd recommend against using the necks in soup unless it's a long enough cooking soup to get the meat to fall off the bone. It was damn tasty, though, even as leftovers.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Chicken necks are delicious snacks.

Ohh, I have a bunch of leftover chicken from Halloween dinner, and a little leftover veg. Soup is sounding like a mighty good idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X