No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WNC- I'll go in with you on 3&4 and the dairy, if you want. Egging each other on, pushing each other as needed, yadayadayada. As to the solutions, that's the engineer in me. Comes with the territory. As to the costume, I had a blast in it.
    Minx- I found out while I've been laid off that 7's about the minimum I can have and still be 95% functional. I need 8 or 9 for total functionality. Above that is beauty rest. Thanks for the costume compliment. As to the carbs, I've found that banana chocolate "ice cream" gets me close after my normal veggies, and maybe one more piece of fruit. It's just the matter of eating THAT much food.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch: Went to swensen's with some previous co workers. Got a taco salad and gave the tortilla chips and olives to my friends. Was left with 2 c lettuce, beef taco filling (maybe 2 oz?, it was pathetic), sour cream (2 tbsp), guac (2 tbsp), 1 tbsp cheddar, and 4 tbsp salsa. Kinda weenie.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sorry, Bone. Translation follows:
        2 sets of Ass to Grass squats with a 5 lb barbell behind my neck (I don't have a set-up for squats, so no barbell squats), 12 squats per set.
        12 push-ups at 45* against a part of my husband's weight bench
        12 barbell rows (20 lb + the bar)
        12 push-ups at 45* against a part of my husband's weight bench
        12 barbell rows (20 lb + the bar)
        12 step-ups with 10 lb extra in barbells
        10 prone jack knifes
        12 step-ups with 10 lb extra in barbells
        10 prone jack knifes
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          WNC- I'll go in with you on 3&4 and the dairy, if you want. Egging each other on, pushing each other as needed, yadayadayada. As to the solutions, that's the engineer in me. Comes with the territory. As to the costume, I had a blast in it.
          Sounds good

Although I think your idea of weights is more advanced than mine. I'm still (just) using my body, and a sledgehammer. But we can encourage each other at our own levels

For #4, lets start with NO posts or computer after 10:30. Then take a half hour to do all the things that we need to do before bed so that we can be in bed at 11. I don't know about you but if I close the computer at 11, a half hour disappears before I lay down

And once I finish the goat cheese and Brie in my fridge, I'm not buying anymore for the rest of November...
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• wnC- No worries about the weights. I get it. And I'm going to actually need to back my time up to 930, because I need to be in bed by 10 (up at 645 for work at 8). I'm really happy to hear about your decision with the dairy, too.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• GOOOD luck tomorrow Dollface!

<3

(Do you hate that I call you that? ... I guess some people would...)
              Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Apparently, my stomach knows that I'm working again. It wants food. Actually, hang on (quick mental calcualtions) 5 hrs is abt the amt of time it takes me to be hungry even if I sleep late, and it'll be 5.25 hrs I'll have been up by lunch. Nevermind. Stomach doesn't know, just knows when it wants food.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch: Salad and soup bar- 1 c potato soup, salad of iceberg, 1 roma tom, 1/4 cuke, 1/4 c broccoli, 1/4 c cubed turkey lunch meat, 1/2 dill pickle spear, 2 tbsp Italian dressing.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

Apparently, my stomach knows that I'm working again. It wants food. Actually, hang on (quick mental calcualtions) 5 hrs is abt the amt of time it takes me to be hungry even if I sleep late, and it'll be 5.25 hrs I'll have been up by lunch. Nevermind. Stomach doesn't know, just knows when it wants food.
                    Stomach Clock?

Comment

• Nowhere near as bad as I was on CW. If I was hungry, I needed to eat NOW, or heads were gonna roll. Now I can ignore it and it'll usually quiet down and leave me alone. My stomach clock to break fast has gone from the 2 hours I had on CW back to the 5-6 hrs I was doing back in HS.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner smells soooooooo gooooood.... Having a hard time waiting for the veggies to soften and husband to finish work. It's a crockpot roast: shoulder roast marinated in 5 spice powder, cider vinegar, onion, garlic, serranos, and broth (with 1 tbsp honey for a 2 lb roast), the cooked in the crock pot with the marinade until it fell apart. Added more onion, red bell, carrot, and celery. Mine'll be poured over slightly steamed spinach and eaten that way. I can't wait!
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Wow, that does sound delicious. Never thought of pouring something like that over steamed spinach. Such a good idea!

Comment

• DR, spinach is my stand in for rice, potatos or anything else in things like curry, soups, and stews (anything with a liquidy base.) The spinach doesn't exactly soak up the sauce, but the sauce kinda hides in the spinach and acts similar to soaking it up. I love it. Gets me more nutrients in too.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

Nowhere near as bad as I was on CW. If I was hungry, I needed to eat NOW, or heads were gonna roll. Now I can ignore it and it'll usually quiet down and leave me alone.
                              My niece has Down Syndrome. The other day she asked what time it was. Her mom said 12:00. She said "I'm hungry". Her mom said, "Oops, nope its 11:30" and she said "Oh, OK"
                              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse
                              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Oh wow. Pavlovian response or just the way she's wired? or both?
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X