No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hehehe. Joe, you're a laugh and a half.
    Batty, I'm only on if I have the laptop open, so I'm hit or miss myself.
    Manda, I hope I didn't f' up your signing. I can just see it, you're traipsing along talking some long, involved detailed process when all of a sudden you jump up and squeal. Freak the hell out of the poor Deaf person, as well as everyone else.
    Kuno: I can't even truly call it ice cream, really. it's a frozen banana mashed up with cocoa powder and chocolate chunks and pecans. I'll trade you bowl for bowl?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe View Post
      The ladies of MDA are always talking about the texts and the Skypes and the PMs. I get the feeling there's this whole chick Mafia thing going on behind the scenes at MDA that none of the men are aware of. More of the mystery that makes women strange and interesting.
      Oh, HELLZ yeah. We talk all the time. About the boyz I know we're interesting...but could we possibly GET any stranger?

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      Kuno: I can't even truly call it ice cream, really. it's a frozen banana mashed up with cocoa powder and chocolate chunks and pecans. I'll trade you bowl for bowl?
      Sounds awesome! My "ice cream" is really only coconut milk, and egg, some canned pumpkin and spices...so there
      Happy Friday, Sweetness!

Comment

• Hippy Friday, folks!!!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: Chichen vegetable stoup: chicken necks, zucchini, onion, broccoli, tomato, tomato, pureetomato paste, celery, jalapeno, tomato paste, garlic and ginger and chix broth.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Off to clean my lab and organize. No, stop laughing. I'm being serious. That lab will be clean before I go sleep. Including the closet of mystery.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I have ALWAYS wondered about the closet of mystery.
              I would love to see that

Comment

• Closet of Mystery? Very intriguing.

I think if I keep hanging out around you, then yes it can indeed get stranger. They don't call me Nutmeg for nothing. It has NOTHING to so with the spice
                Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Lab clean. Closet of mystery clean AND organized. If you knew me, you'd know what a HUGE feat that is. The closet has always been my "Oh fuck, quick clean" stuffing grounds. Always as in since my parents started making me clean my bedroom.
                  The closet of mystery is my project closet, as well as holding any manner of stuff. As of right now, the project half holds a tote of fabric, a half tote of yarn, bookshelf holding stuff like paints, sewing toolbox, and ribbon, and various sized canvases. There's also my hope chest (an old foot locker I liberated from my mother), my coats, blazers, and jackets, my bracelets, scarves, and belts, several stained wooden wineboxes that used to stack to become a bookshelf (courtesy my father) that now contain various things (2 hold ritual/ divination items, one holds various electronic stuff that never really found a home), a couple boxes from before Husband of stuff that's never really found a home in our homes, my toolbox, my CDs, and the stuff that's never made it up on my walls (my poster of the American Skyline, amap of the TTU tunnels from the 70s found IN the tunnels [a gift from a friend, I didn't ask how he acquired it {plausible deniability}], several other wall hanging articles.)
                  Actually, I discovered I needed to upsize my hope chest when I opened it to put the wedding stuff in it. I'm pretty much out of space for anything else. Thankfully, my grandmother left me her hope chest (as in an honest to goodness, footed, cedar lined, antique hope chest that she got from either her mother or her grandmother), and we'll pick that up over Thanksgiving.
                  Kuno, I may take a photo. This may never happen again.
                  Meg, I don't need help being odd and loony. I've got that covered on my own, in spades. Then again, I do tend to attract oddballs, so it sorta fits.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Odd and loony is fun, so is nutty
                    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• And now for a dessert of pumpkin applesauce.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: Genghis Grill- beef, shrimp, whitefish, calamari, carrot, green beans, onion, bell peppers, pineapple, garlic, and egg, cooked in butter with some sort of chili garlic sauce (didn't see my pepper oil until it was too late).
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Cleaned my clothing/ shoe closet, changed out for fall/ winter clothing as opposed to spring/ summer. Need to put my tote (mostly empty) of out of season clothes back in the garage, make a few repairs to some others. I'll figure out what I need for this new job over the next couple weeks, and remove and send off what I don't need.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• hiya naiadknight, I just stopped by to say knighty knight.

Comment

• Heya Darth. I can switch sides at will, to blend as necessary. Tonight I'm sith on SCII.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• November's goals, since October obviously failed as a challenge month:

Getting going before the Holidays!

1)Keep up the avoidance of dairy, including cheese, excluding butter.
                                2) Keep carbs over 50g/ day.
                                3) Lift weights and figure out how to sprint without dying as it gets colder.
                                4) Make sleep a priority. At least 7 hrs a night, preferably 9.
                                5) Keep kcal above 1350, preferably around 1700- 2000
                                Special Exclusions: Thanksgiving Day, celebrating my father's birthday while I'm in Dallas (this will include gratuitous alcohol.)
                                Known possible issues and solutions:
                                -new job lunches (don't know what's common for lunch there, hopefully will just take own food or IF like I did at the city))
                                -cheesy goodness at restaurants (keep using avoidance maneuvers)
                                -late nights/ no desire to cook nights (make a vat of chicken veggie stoup and freeze portions)
                                -Stumble and the forums (create cell phone alarm for bedtime)
                                -forget to work out (create cell phone alarm to do it right after work)
                                -carbs too low (pumpkin applesauce, banana ice cream)
                                -cal too low (coconut milk concoctions, coconut milk hot chocolate, nuts, whipped coconut milk)
                                -cal too high (yeah, right)
                                -sweet craving (fruit, chocolate, fruit and chocolate, coconut milk ice cream, pumpkin applesauce, chocolate nut concoction)
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X