No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just realized that usually by this time of year, I'll have had at least one suicidal (without wanting to be) breakdown. PB really seems to be working it's magic. That alone is worth it. Not having to argue with my brain about suicide is a miracle. Doing it without drugs? That's downright wondrous.
    I've also reached a very... I guess you could say "Zen", but that's not the right word... outlook on life. I've always had a variation on "I'll live life as it comes, no regrets," type outlook, but it's much more Michael Valentine Smith. I'm a lot calmer, a lot less excitable,... It's almost like I finally grew into those shoes I put on all those years ago. I've lost that childlike "my world is ending, wahhhhh!!!" I had at one point (don't get me wrong, after some spectacularly shitastic news, I still get that) and finally found that "Well, fuck. Oh well, life goes on." I've been aiming for. I guess the main thing that shifted my perspective was realizing, emotionally, that I don't have be my mother's mother. Between that and watching her fight her own battles at the end of her mother's life, something really caught hold. My life is my own, not to be lived as a barrier, an airbag, or a whipping boy, but to be lived as I see fit. I can learn from others' mistakes (like I did about credit cards from my parents), but I cannot solve others' lives. That's for them to figure out. "Be good" doesn't mean "be a superheroine." It means "Be good."
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      My life is my own, not to be lived as a barrier, an airbag, or a whipping boy, but to be lived as I see fit. I can learn from others' mistakes (like I did about credit cards from my parents), but I cannot solve others' lives. That's for them to figure out.
      Wow NK you really pinned the tail on the donkey with those 3 sentences.
      Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

• +100,000,000
        *is speechless in the face of these profound words*

Comment

• *Blushes*
          C'mon guys, it's not exactly THAT profound. *kicks pebble*
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Wow, I am glad you have found that place! Wise words for us all.

Comment

• It's our 1st anniversary. We're going to either Red Lobster or The Barn Door (read: expensive steak place), then to a pool hall (many of our first dates happened at the pool hall if they didn't involve a park), then.... we'll go from there. Love to you all, smiles all around, and thou art god. I'll be Bach.
              Last edited by naiadknight; 10-24-2010, 03:57 PM. Reason: It helps to get the name of the steakhouse right.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Happy Anniversary, Naiad!!!
                Love to you both <3<3<3

Comment

• Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a great time!

Comment

• Happy Anniversary!!
                    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse
                    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Thanks, y'all. We're home digesting before we go play pool or stargaze.

Dinner:
                      1/2 cheddar biscuit
                      calamari, deep fried broccoli (discovered I despise deep fried broccoli), 1 mozz cheese stick
                      "caesar" salad (romaine, Parmesan, and maybe 2 teaspoon of their dressing)
                      1/2 lb snow crab, 6 grilled shrimp, steamed broccoli w/ lemon butter, and stuffed flounder (There was corn in the so- call seafood stuffing)

Macros (according to their website)
                      958 kcal
                      48 g fat
                      62 g carbs
                      116 g protein
                      waaaaayyyy too much sodium
                      Last edited by naiadknight; 10-24-2010, 07:29 PM.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• HAppy anniversary!

Congrats on 3rd interview and yeah, it is odd but I have experienced small (esp family) companies having lunches with their wives involved with new hires. Probably also helps men determine the little nuances that they might have missed if their wives hadn't pointed them out

Absolutely do not be picky at all... eat what you can if you have to be non PB for a meal call it 20% and move on.

Missed ya while I was gone!

Manda
                        Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Happy anniversary!!!! And some very wise words.
                          "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• Avoid poisonous things: Why does every pool hall have to be full of smokers and have the music up loud enough to deafen even the drunkest asshole? Someone could make a mint making a pool hall with a nonsmoking section. It was fun, mostly, but I have a headache from the decibel level and the secondhand smoke. I need to go wash up now, my hair smells like an ashtray.
                            I had a fair amount of fun, although finishing that last game was work. He won all the ones he didn't scratch the 8 ball on, just because I couldn't find my groove. I guess I should get some sleep soon for that interview, but I'm still winding down.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks for the anniversary wishes everyone. I'll pass them along to Husband. I get asked all the time if it feels different to be married. They tend to get a blank look with a variation on "Noooo... We dated and lived together for 3 years. Why should something change because of a piece of paper and a couple hunks of metal jewelry?"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Happy Anniversary!
                                mmmmm....streakhouse.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X