No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone has been fucking around with my internal thermostat. For the past couple days, I've ROASTED, no matter how cool the ambient air is around me. I'm talking the kinda inner thermostat fuck up that leads to wearing a tank top and shorts in the snow (in the past, not recently.) It's hormonal, but I don't think it's TOM related, as I've never had that issue before. That and a couple other things lead me to believe my thyroid is on the fritz again. I'll wait until Mother Nature's had her fun and see if it goes away before I make any definite calls though.

Yeah, I'll give him gratuitous sex and all the trappings to go with it, I wanna give him something else, too. Something he can tell his parents about. I have a couple ideas, but none of them have that AHA! intuition.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      ... I don't have a damn clue what I'm doing for my 1st anniversary Sunday. I may just present him with gratuitous sex and a book or two.
      The ideal gift!
      Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

• The fritzy thyroid is so troublesome!!!

My honey loves the gratuitous sex too!
        Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Break fast:
          4 oz salt pork
          8 shallots
          1 c green beans
          1/2 zuke
          Fried together in same pan as 1 fried egg
          topped w/ 1/2 avocado and 1/2 roma tom
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I have never tried salt prok, may have to add it to my list of things to find
            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Ummm... I wouldn't really recommend it for that version of sauteeing unless you're CRAVING salt. It's more for stuff like Southern greens or green beans. I used it like that because I was craving burnt and salt and could be manipulated to give both. Most folks'd use bacon there. I'm not saying don't try to find it, but it's basically a salt lick of bacon. It's damn handy to have on hand, though.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: stew containing beef bottom round with carrot, turnip, celery, tomato, red bell, jalapeno, lots of shallots, garlic, homemade beef broth, and seasoning (thyme, oregano, basil, parsley, black pepper.) Best edition yet. Needs more garlic and tomato next time.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well, at least I don't have to keep myself from talking with my hands for a phone interview. But I really need to make sure I don't stutter or reach for words. Shit. I will not freak until AFTER the interview. Hopefully, they're desperate enough they really don't care so long as I have credentials.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• *HAPPY DANCE*
                    I'm EXACTLY what they want. From municipal work right down to the bridge hydraulics and public meeting/ hearing experience. They're setting up a face to face interview through the head hunter.
                    *HAPPY DANCE*
                    Now off to Hancock's for Monk's robe material and my costume stuff.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

*HAPPY DANCE*
                      I'm EXACTLY what they want. From municipal work right down to the bridge hydraulics and public meeting/ hearing experience. They're setting up a face to face interview through the head hunter.
                      *HAPPY DANCE*
                      Now off to Hancock's for Monk's robe material and my costume stuff.
                      YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

(See, I told you )

Comment

• F2F interview is Friday at 1530. Will probably leave the house around 1430, giving me 15-30 extra minutes to account for Murphy time. Now to reprint resume on good paper, make sure my interview suit still fits, and a couple other things.
                        Thanks y'all!
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                          Haha! YES.
                          I'd rather account for Murphy time and have to wait around for a while than not have the extra time if I need it.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

*happy dance*
                            i'm exactly what they want. From municipal work right down to the bridge hydraulics and public meeting/ hearing experience. They're setting up a face to face interview through the head hunter.
                            *happy dance*
                            excellent!!!!
                            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse
                            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Dinner: medium rare rib eye, 1/2 c steamed broccoli, 1/4 c steamed green beans, 3 tbsp butter, 2 c romaine, 1 c spinach, 1 tbsp vinaigrette. Add 1/4 c chocolate coconut milk ice cream
                              Macros:
                              37 g carbs (I can't seem to hit 50 g w/o sugary stuff. I need to keep apples, plums, and peaches on hand)
                              75g protein
                              132g fat
                              1671 cal
                              1 tbsp fish oil to make omegas= 1:1
                              Last edited by naiadknight; 10-19-2010, 10:06 PM.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm in the market for Halloween costume ideas. I can make anything I need (reasonably, nothing heinously intricate), but here's what's on hand.
                                Black leather knee length trench coat
                                jean jacket
                                brown suede jacket
                                button downs in multiple colors
                                jeans (including skinny jeans)
                                work slacks
                                2 black corset style tops
                                green bell sleeve velvet dress (Ren fairesque)
                                5 million scarves (decorative, not cold weather)
                                wrap dress
                                sleeveless A line black dress
                                t-shirts in colors that looks god on me
                                peasant blouses
                                Sarongs
                                black bikini
                                denim micro skirt
                                wife beaters
                                sweaters
                                undershirt tank tops
                                samurai umbrella (looks like a sword in it's sleeve)
                                stuffed black cat
                                stuffed parrot
                                stuffed wolf pups
                                Knee high heeled boots
                                knee high Doc Martens
                                knee high lace up cowboy boots
                                vibrams
                                I know there's a costume in there (with additions and such as needed), I'm just not sure WHAT. I'm tiny and blond but hair can be corrected with a wig. I have a vague idea, but it's not gelling.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X