No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh, it's better now. That was what I refer to as the "warning cramps": Gotten'em all my life, means that I'll start within 24 hrs. Primal is making them much, much lighter (kinda a shame, I liked fair warning) but not this time. haven't actually started yet, but it's soon.
    I feel like utter shit. I ate utter shit yesterday. In addition to the crap aforementioned, I had a big bowl of nowhere near primal ice cream and an ice cream sandwich. Lesson learned? Probably not, but we'll see.
    In addition to all the damn dairy reactions (mostly respiratory and clogged ears), I'm damn tired, have the beginnings of a headache, and my balance is a little off, culminating in PMS. Grumph. Stupid tasty comfort foods to avoid, stupid friend visiting sick friend, stupid Mother Nature. Grrrrrr.... I' gonna dose up on the version of Dayquil knockoff I can have and allergy pills and decongestants, then pass back out on the futon.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• One of these days I am going to try to get off the dairy, but for now I can't even fathom it!

Hope you feel better!
      Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• I totally get you... I have been napping most of the day... I have to get at least half of this cleaning done though...

I get warning cramps too but mine is in ovulation so I get them 2 weeks before hand on alternating sides... 24 hours of terrible pain that feels like gas.

Blah.

<3
        Manda
        Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Holy crap, it's pumpkin chip pancakes!!!!! I made a true pancake and the closest thing to a grain is the butter in the pan.

Pumpkin chip pancakes
          2 eggs, separated
          1/2 c canned pumpkin
          1 svg 85% chocolate
          2 tsp vanilla
          pumpkin pie spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, cloves) to taste

Mix the egg yolks with the pumpkin, spices, chocolate, and vanilla. Beat the egg white until stiff glossy peaks. Fold the pumpkin mixture into the egg whites. Heat up the oil of your choice in a frying pan (1/4" deep), (I used a coconut oil, butter mix.) Spoon the mixture into the pan and smear around a little to make something puffy pancake sized. Let it cook until it slides easily across the pan and seems halfway cooked, flip it. Same thing, plate it. They'll flatten in the pan and while plating. Makes approx 6 pancakes.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Today's fud:
            The aforementioned panckaes
            Curry
            Leftover steak
            sweet potato

I have no clue why I'm eating so much, I feel like shit. But I'm eating anyways because I'm actually hungry.
            No exercise aside from battling gravity in the kitchen.
            Only thought and play was a few rounds of Picma.
            Plenty of sleep.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Those pancakes sound muy tasty, Naiad.
              If you're hungry, then you SHOULD eat.
              Trust.

Comment

• The pancakes were tasty!
                Add to the food 2 oz beek jerkey and 3 handfuls shell on garlic pistachios.
                And I am eating however much I need/ want. I'm thinknig a large part was... female parts related, but not certain.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                  Those pancakes sound muy tasty, Naiad.
                  If you're hungry, then you SHOULD eat.
                  Trust.
                  the woman is wise

i get that way too around PMS time - eating like crazy. i figure it will balance itself out in a few weeks.

i'll have to try your version of the pumpkin pancakes, they sound nommy.
                  sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• I don't have an excuse, so Im gonna claim that all of you ladeis's cycles are making me eat like crazy.
                    sigpic

Comment

• First time it's ever happened that way for me, usually my food intake dwindles down to negligible. I figure my food works itself out though, in the long run, and everything I had was Primal (ish on the jerkey), so no worries.

Meat, it's a variation on SPMS: Sympathy PMS. Guys around females get it sometimes.

For those planning on making the pancakes, watch that the chocolate doesn't burn. That happened with a few of mine, which was fine, because for whatever reason I was CRAVING carbon (burnt crispy food), but y'all'll prob wanna watch that.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• And thank you, facebook, along with IT Guy and several other folks for reminding me that I don't have a damn clue what I'm doing for my 1st anniversary Sunday. I may just present him with gratuitous sex and a book or two.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Gratuitous sex usually works for my husband ... he's easy to please

Congratulations on the anniversary though
                          "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• guys are easy - show naked, bring beer^H^H^H^Hmeat.
                            Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              And thank you, facebook, along with IT Guy and several other folks for reminding me that I don't have a damn clue what I'm doing for my 1st anniversary Sunday. I may just present him with gratuitous sex and a book or two.
                              What else could he desire?
                              Unless maybe a massage before the gratuitous sex...

Comment

• A couple of years ago I had no money for a birthday present for my hubby so I turned the living room into a "sex room" with candles and chapagne, strawberries and chocolate.... mood music, cushions on the floor, blankets etc .... then jumped my husband when he got home from work.
                                "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

Working...
                                X