Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    Nono, WinenCandy, AOTS. Attack of the Show on G4.
    Manda, Please, PLEASE don't call him that. It brings to mind images of dirty old men in their fifties still trying to live out their Glory Days they never had. If you wanna shorten it, use T or H or DH or somethin' like that, but for the love of god(dess)(e)(s), don't make him into a dirty old man.

Happy Naked Friday, Folks!!!!! Req for being here: Some form of nudity, unless otherwise reasonably barred. Husband is home, so I'm lolling about in my usual PJ pants w/o a top (hey, it's too hot to sleep two to a bed with a shirt on.)

Does it count when I change out of my uniform into my exercise clothes? For obvious reasons there is not naked Friday in my work center, could you imagine...lol
    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Being somewhere public counts as "reasonably barred."
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Being somewhere public counts as "reasonably barred."
        Hehe, I figured. Although some would disagree. There is a state in which it is legal for women to go topless, not sure which one though...lol
        Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• OH! I completely forgot to tell y'all!
          I have a phone interview Tuesday at 1400. I've never had a phone interview before and I already hate them. I can't SEE any of his responses. I have no clue what to do with a phone interview. and I'm supposed to call him. WTF?! I'm not freaking, ok maybe I am a little, but for the love of nothing holy.... PHONE INTERVIEW?!?!
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I hate phone interviews, too. There's something seriously f-ed up with the way people hire nowadays... so completely devoid of personality. How can you get a feel for somebody without eye contact and body language?

Good luck!
            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
              Hehe, I figured. Although some would disagree. There is a state in which it is legal for women to go topless, not sure which one though...lol
              It's legal in Ontario.
              Although I've only taken advantage of that a few times...once it involved camping, alcohol, the summer solstice and sun screen application...
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

OH! I completely forgot to tell y'all!
                I have a phone interview Tuesday at 1400. I've never had a phone interview before and I already hate them. I can't SEE any of his responses. I have no clue what to do with a phone interview. and I'm supposed to call him. WTF?! I'm not freaking, ok maybe I am a little, but for the love of nothing holy.... PHONE INTERVIEW?!?!
                I had a phone interview once. It was weird. I got the job. As a newspaper reporter/photographer.

Good luck, don't freak, it may be the only job interview you'll ever do naked
                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Sorry I've been somewhat ignoring y'all. I was deep in Under The Dome and wasn't about to come out until it ended. Another Stephen King book that grips you by the throat and won't let go until you're done.
                  WNC, that's one hell of an idea, and tempting as hell, but I think I may actually go the other direction: put on one of my suits and get all dolled up, just like for a real interview. Professional clothing, professional mind type thing. They won't see it, but they'll hear it in my voice.
                  And I'm staying the hell out of the dairy for the time being. The crap I was sneeze coughing and hocking up was just a bit too colorful for my tastes. That and being able to hear was pleasant. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some gunk to dig out of my ears for the eleventy billionth time.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

Nono, WinenCandy, AOTS. Attack of the Show on G4.
                    Oh. My kids watch that
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• 1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
                      10 oz thin cut T-bone, cooked griddle style in lard (I could taste the lardiness), 2 fried eggs in lard, 2 c romaine and tomato, 1/3 c salsa, 3 oz pork rinds. All at my favorite local mom and pop Mexican food restaurant. Also 4 s bacon, 2 squares Lindt 90%, and 1 turtle (oops).
                      2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
                      Not really.

3. Lift heavy things.
                      Still sore

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
                      Not today
                      5. Get lots of sleep.
                      13 hrs.

6. Play.
                      A little with Husband (no, not that way, you dirty minds!)

7. Get some sunlight everyday:
                      10K IU
                      8. Avoid trauma.
                      Yep
                      9. Avoid poisonous things.
                      Yep!

10. Use your mind
                      Not really, just a veg day. Actually, I take that back. I finished reading that Stephen King novel, 300 someodd pages in 3 hours. (Yes I read quickly, yes, I can digest what I read that quickly, no I wasn't speedreading.)
                      Last edited by naiadknight; 10-15-2010, 11:08 PM.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Window shopping on shopstyle and realizing 2 major things:
                        1)My definition of "dress" and "shirt" are obviously very different from the designers: If it barely covers my crotch, it's NOT a dress. If I can't lift my arms without exposing myself, it's not a dress. If a thought of wind shows the world what underwear I may or may not be wearing, it's not a dress. Thank you.
                        2) I look best in the 40's, 50's style dress, with a form fitting bodice to the waist and then the skirt beginning and does not cling to my body. Not a paper sack dress, not an empire waist dress, not something that looks like a freaking cocoon. A proper DRESS. Where the hell'd they go? I can find stuff that's too tight, too loose, too shapeless. I've gone through 36 pages and found 8 dresses I'd be willing to try on. Now I know my real problem with shopping: I have a silhouette that no long exists, therefore, no one designs for it anymore. No wonder I can't ever find anything.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• In regards to the dresses, you just have to know where to look (and possibly spend a little more money).
                          (and I was going to be super sleuth and give you a link to back this up, but now I can't find it D: )

Comment

• I found a few, and a couple that I really fell in love with. Including this, this, and this. The real issue, for me at least, is finding something that has a defined waist, no elastic, and that I won't look like a little girl, secretary, or my mother in. That and my size. There's a reason I own only 2 dresses, and one I bought just before the funeral. One's a navy blue ruffle sleeve (the ruffles are the sleeves) wrap dress and the others a black linen A line sleeveless dress with origami work on the bottom in the same material. I think I will (eventually, once I acquire the funds) buy that purple applique dress.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
                              Wyoming... I know this because I live in South Dakota... Sturgis is in South Dakota... and on one Thursday they drive down to Wyoming to be half naked...

Also-New Mexico if I am not mistaken...

Naiad-Sorry about the creepy old man thing-I recant the statement if that helps the situation at all.. ? no? Either way I am glad you get to spend time with your DH.

I am wearing a tank top and panties... that counts as partially nude right? I will sleep in my barebones... if that counts then naked friday totally happened here!

ANNND... Dresses are hard- have you tried www. modcloth .com? really great stuff (if you are an onliner) Which might be hard for you because you are small. (teeny tiny)

Also-Target has REALLY cute dresses in those styles (Sometimes) ... fyi.

<3

Manda
                              Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I've drooled at modcloth, just never pulled uot the measuring tape and checkbook. Target has this thing where if it fits everywhere else, it's too big in the sideboob. I love their stuff, but sideboob is one of the harder places to fix. Jacques Penney and Shears are no gos, their sizes do go low enough. Dollars I've gotten lucky at and look everytime I'm in the mall. That's where I got my blue wrap dress.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X