No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo... I hate being unemployed. It's not the lack of funds as much (at the moment anyways) or even the relying on someone else. It's the being bored silly that I'm having issue with. I'll do my swing and flings later, after it cools down a bit, dinner is thawing, and everyone I'd hang out with is either busy, at work, or in another state.
    I'm going back and forth between curry and stew tonight. I have the beef thawing, I'm just not sure what I wanna do with it.
    *Shakes head* I gotta get out of this ennui. I'm going for a walk.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Went to the YMCA, had them stop drafting my membership. Went to the health food store and got more coconut oil (virgin) and a stick of crystal deodorant. I'll give that a shot. I had my choice of 2 and I had no clue which as better. I kinda figure they were about the same, so I went with the one with aloe added to it. Walked a grand total of 1.3 mi. Will walk to HEB later to grab curry things.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• This one actually had a deodorant type case (you know the ones that screw and riase the deodorant and such) That was part of what led me to pick that one.
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lamb breast was on deep sale ($2.40/ lb whole), so I used that instead of the bottom round

1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.

1 slice sushi ( sample at the HEB), Subz Saag Gosht (lamb curry with carrots, turnips, and spinach) . + vitamin, + 1 tsp fish oil. 1:1 ratio O3: O6.
          2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
          Yeah, 1. whatever miles doing errands. Intended to walk to the HEB, but (insert excuses here.)

3. Lift heavy things.
          Wow, it got dark fast. I might do shovelglove after dinner, but I doubt it

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
          Sprinted across major street 2ce, HEB parking lot 1ce.
          5. Get lots of sleep.
          13 hrs, broken and crappy.

6. Play.
          Not really

7. Get some sunlight everyday:
          Went for a walk, but got my 5K IU too.
          8. Avoid trauma.
          Yep
          9. Avoid poisonous things.
          Sushi, but that was so minimal rice that I'm not even counting it

10. Use your mind
          Followed a new recipe... not really mind using.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Damn. Dinner is definitely clearing my sinuses and noses. Holy shit, this is hot! And I only used jalapenos!!!!
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Why has no one told me that whipped coconut milk is better than whipped heaven???!!!! Seriously, this stuff is AWESOME, even when scented with garlic and ginger (the jar that housed the leftover CM from last night held ginger garlic paste for 6 months......)

ETA: Coconut ice cream experiment in the freezer: coconut milk with dark chocolate cocoa powder, chocolate chunks, and pecans.
              Last edited by naiadknight; 10-11-2010, 06:40 PM.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• what brand of coconut milk you usin?
                sigpic

Comment

• Uhhhh.... The only one HEB had. Polar. It had extra crap in it (stabilizers and such), but it was bought as an experiment. I'll find something better online.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• I love this ice cream. That is all.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• i just made some, thanks for the inspiration!
                      sigpic

Comment

• how did you make it... and you can just whip coconut milk... is it just as easy as whipping delicious HWC?
                        Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• 216- I was too lazy to pull out the ice cream machine. You'll have to let me know how that one goes.
                          Manda- I put 3/4 can of refrigerated coconut milk, 2-4 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder, 1/4 c chocolate chunks, and 1/4 c chopped pecans into a mason jar. Shook it really well and put it in the freezer. Shook it again every 20- 30 min. It was still somewhat frozen yogurt lie in consistency when I ate some of it. And whipping coconut milk is even easier and quicker than HWC. Less messy too.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            216- I was too lazy to pull out the ice cream machine. You'll have to let me know how that one goes.
                            Manda- I put 3/4 can of refrigerated coconut milk, 2-4 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder, 1/4 c chocolate chunks, and 1/4 c chopped pecans into a mason jar. Shook it really well and put it in the freezer. Shook it again every 20- 30 min. It was still somewhat frozen yogurt lie in consistency when I ate some of it. And whipping coconut milk is even easier and quicker than HWC. Less messy too.
                            holy crap... this is so happy sounding... I dont have ANY of the ingredients... but it does sound quite good... But you kinda made ice cream without the machine right? lol... And the Meatman goes and makes it for real... hmm
                            Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I would've used the ice cream machine, but I was too lazy to dig out the motor and paddle.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• i dont have an ice cream machine... I mixed refrigerated coconut milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and a wee bit of protein powder and Ice cubes with an immersion blender. It was more like a milkshake than ice cream. In the past I've frozen the leftovers then scraped it out with a spoon, let it warm up just a tad and mush it up. THEN it's like icecream.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X