No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a great challenge Naida. I have never consciously cut dairy, but I eat way less now than I use too.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• I've only read a tiny bit so far, but it seems that most of the problems I had growing up were related to dairy intolerance. Most of what they tick off as symptomatic is what happened a lot when I was younger. And it makes sense that I usually got a fall down screaming earache at least once a winter: I ate a lot of pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, and milky oatmeal/ rice "pudding" in the winter, less as it warmed up. Those were my comfort foods. Some say it has to do with the proteins, others just say dairy. I need to find some real research, not just anecdotes.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Day before yesterday: 6 slices bacon and 3/4 of that cheesecake.
        Yesterday: Genghis grill (cooked in butter, no starch) and most of the rest of the cheesecake.

WARNING: SOMEWHAT GROSS IN NATURE
        Something... interesting occurred in the bathroom earlier. It was one of those "just this side of diarrhea" dumps. Alongside all the fecal matter were several drops of orange oil floating on the water. WTH???? Never seen that before. Google was no help. I'm figuring it was probably my body getting rid of the cheesecake and a one time shot, but, it's still kinda... wonky.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Naiad,
          Maybe you just took in a little more fat than your body could process?
          FWIW, I had that happen once after ODing on Pork Belly

Comment

• That's kinda what I'm figuring, Kuno.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I love the World Health Organization definition of diarrhea : Stool that assumes the form of the container within which it is placed.

So now you know.

PS wonder how many thousands of tax dollars it took to come up with the definition.
              Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

• More than I EVER needed to know. I just kinda stuck with "explodey ass means diarrhea." I don't want to know how much they spent and what poor sods got stuck with lab tech to figure that out.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: 5 blackberries, 1 square Green Black, 12 oz steak, 1 medium potato with e tbsp butter, and a salad of iceberg lettuce and tomatos topped with salsa. I did manage to avoid the cheese and pecans though. I didn't realize I relied on dairy so much for snacks.
                  ETA: had a small slice of cake for MIL bday. Also made a dessert concoction: Strawberries sauteed in 1 tbsp butter (yes, I know, but I'm not to the point of giving up butter), cinnamon, ginger, and and cardamom, with some coconut milk sauteed into it. I think it needs either more coconut milk or less berries.
                  Last edited by naiadknight; 10-10-2010, 10:00 PM.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yeah the oil is fat. If you've ever heard of the ALLI pill, that's what they mean when they warn about "anal seapage". I once did an experiment with ALLI and know this for a fact or is that TMI????? hahah!

Good luck with the dairy reduction. I cut mine down a lot, and feel much better. I haven't cut it out completely as I love cream and cheese, and don't actually have an intolerance so I let myself have it minimally throughout the week. I have found almond milk to be a tastey alternative to regular milk though. I've started relying on cream for snacks though, which I need to stop.
                    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• Thankfully, I don't drink milk, and I'll experiment with coconut ice cream and whipped coconut milk. I may start having to clean heb out of coconut milk or ordering it online. I'm really gonna miss cheese though.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• 1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
                        See above. + vitamin, + 1 tsp fish oil. 1:1 ratio O3: O6.
                        2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
                        Not really.

3. Lift heavy things.
                        Nothing either

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
                        That didn't happen either

5. Get lots of sleep.
                        11 hrs.

6. Play.
                        Nothin

7. Get some sunlight everyday:
                        5000 IU vit D
                        8. Avoid trauma.
                        Cake
                        9. Avoid poisonous things.
                        Cake. So no.

10. Use your mind
                        Not enough to count. Not even a veg day, because I had to get up earlier than I wanted and then we had to go for the Sunday inlaw visit.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• did I read 11 hours of sleep and had to get up earlier than I wanted in the same entry?

Just checking

Love yas!
                          Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Yeah, you did. Was just one of those days where I needed gratuitous sleep.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• we all have those days Naiad! for sure! Hope your cake time with Batty and friends went well... I wish I could have partaken... next time mayhaps!
                              Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I have hard time cutting dairy out. I am somewhat intolerant, but I just love it! (Sigh) I do the almond milk at times, but it's just not the same...
                                Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                                Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                                Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

Working...
                                X