Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just4-
    If you have steinmart, ross, TJ Maxx, or any of those nearby, I've scored some great deals there. That's actually where I got the jeans.
    Now for the massive cleaning spree I've been telling myself to get done for the past week.
    Update:
    Kitchen's sparkling now, Living room #1 is almost there (including the huge pile of mail sorted, and (will be) shredded/ filed.) I hate vacuuming.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-07-2010, 11:00 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• You're such a good little housewife.
      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Meaty must have a deathwish....
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• >:3
          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Eh, no worries, Meaty. I'm just sensitive about comments like that. Forgiven, forgotten.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner tonight was so AWESOME!!!!!
              Pan fried mahi mahi (on sale at HEB for $5/ lb, so I got a lb) with crispy skin topped with a ratatouille (tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic, mushroom, and Italian herbs). I'm inhaling this. I love it!
              Pumpkin berry swirl cheese cake in the fridge for tomorrow. I can't tell if the swirl made it or not.
              Last edited by naiadknight; 10-07-2010, 03:12 PM.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• The swirl made it!
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh, so you didn't realize I was doing it on purpose? :P

Recipe please and thank you!
                  -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I thought you were lactose intolerant?
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• THANKS A LOT! I was trying to forget!
                      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I do sometimes, but I shouldn't...
                        I think some high-fat things like cream and butter dont affect me... but skimmed shit... is poisonous!
                        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Alright, Here's the "recipe":
                          Crust: 1.5 c pecan meal (I made my own in the food processor), 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, mixed with 3 tbsp melted butter (coconut oil'd work, I think); mix it together until crumbly and press into the pan like a graham cracker crust. I use a 9" pie pan.
                          Filling
                          In one bowl, beat until smooth: 8 oz cream cheese, 1.5 egg, 1 glob (approx 1 tbsp) sour cream, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 1/2 c pumpkin puree, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp cloves, 1 tsp allspice, 1 tsp nutmeg
                          In another bowl, beat until smooth: 8 oz cream cheese, 1.5 egg, 1 glob (approx 1 tbsp) sour cream, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 5 blackberries, 4 strawberries, 1 tbsp vanilla extract.
                          Pour one, then the other into the pie pan. Now (this is kinda hard to explain) fold it together, creating layers and swirls of both flavors. Don't worry about overblending it, then you just have pumpkinberry cheesecake. Sprinkle any leftover pecan meal on top.
                          Bake at 400*F for 5 min ,then turn down to 200*F and cook until firm all the way across. SoG said his took 90 min, mine overcooked at an hour. Throw in the fridge to cool for 24 hrs (the nuts ain't just there for flavor, they're also there to hide any cracks that appear.)

The word recipe is in quotes because the spices and veggie/ fruit quantities were rough guesstimates. Everything else is directly liberated from Son of Grok.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• there better be pictures involved.
                            sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• I hope so! That recipe sounds heavenly! Thank you for sharing that, Naiad!
                              Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                              Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                              Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Requested photo of the cheesecake:
                                IMG00113..jpg

Photo of cut section to come tonight.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X