Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe-
    Thank you. I'll try. I've had a lot to think about recently, but I have a feeling this all plays into a lesson about relying on others. It's a lesson I need to pick up on soon, because if I don't learn from it in smaller ways, life has a tendency of holding my nose in it until I realize I ain't breathing (making it exponentially worse.) And thank you for the self awareness compliment. You have no idea how much that means to me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• My take on the word bitch.
      That and "Thanks!"
      Smile and agree when they insult you. It really screws with their head.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        And I'm downright ASHAMED to be unemployment.
        Manda- I never watch that show, but I'm curious now, just from that one scene.
        Uh... yeah... that shame I should be feeling about being on E.I should come about... now...
        I think it's broke.

Speaking of, now that I'm going to skill and my break is also broke, they decided to STOP PAYING ME.
        Their reasoning: I'm in school during the 9-5 working window so I shouldn't be paid because if I did have a job I wouldn't be able to do it.
        Huh?... Isn't the point of me getting E.I was because they leeched a similar amount while I was working, and now that I can't get a job, for the life of me, and am in school the 'getting a job' conditions have remained the same?!

Fuck you, just so you know, is a very polite Canadian congratulatory phrase.
        Please appreciate the gesture, as it is rare and far in between.
        Thank you.
        "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Hehe. Nice cover, Meaty. And I hear you on the unemployment school stuff. I fought that in college, then gave up and used loans. I'm now getting my soul back from the US govt for $140/mo. It blows. Like a hurricane.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

Smile and agree when they insult you. It really screws with their head.
            My man Epictetus was 2 thousand years ahead of you on that one.

Originally posted by Epictetus (60-110AD)
            If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself, you should say: “He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned."
            PS - speaking of your definition of bitch - I have the feeling you are the type of woman I call "small but mighty".

OK off to finish feeding dinner to the little people.
            Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

• LOL. Yeah.... I think you're right, Joe. I had a buddy who was talking to a friend many moons ago:
              E: I should drop kick her into the next room. She's being such a bitch.
              J: You don't wanna do that, [E].
              E: Why the hell not? It's not like should could stop me.
              J: Lemme count off the reasons: 1) she carries a knife. 2) one well placed kick (and she's good at those) and you won't have any children. 3) If you managed to do so, she come back and give you a tongue lashing your great grandfather would feel.
              E: What's her cussing me out have to do with anything?
              J: It's not cussing you out so much as ripping you to shreds.
              E: Oh.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sweetness, you didn't need to include a youtube video for me to understand the scorpions reference.
                -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I need to carry you in my pocket instead of my pocket book of literary insults.
                  -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
                    I need to carry you in my pocket instead of my pocket book of literary insults.
                    Can i have one too please... Pocket sized Naiad!
                    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• *giggle* Thanks, Meaty and Manda. I'm not quite that tiny, tho.
                      and the Scorpions reference wasn't for Meaty so much as other folks.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

*giggle* Thanks, Meaty and Manda. I'm not quite that tiny, tho.
                        and the Scorpions reference wasn't for Meaty so much as other folks.
                        *raises hand* did I miss the scorpions reference all together? I have NO idea what you are talking about!
                        Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The link on Hurricane.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• but of course :3
                            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I'm old, but _I_ got the Scorps reference
                              Naiad, I want to be you when I grow up.
                              Wait.
                              ???
                              (I don't think that will work)

Comment

• Originally posted by mandabear2010 View Post
                                *raises hand* did I miss the scorpions reference all together? I have NO idea what you are talking about!
                                *breaks into an air guitar solo*
                                -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Working...
                                X