No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate it when I miss out on crap *cries* Oh well... I will just get my real one instead
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• 'S ok, Manda. Your real one will Grok out more than my fake one anyways. Although the idea of making that a real one does keep wandering across my mind. And that's coming from someone who always considered tats to be for other people and a needle phobic.
      All that cleaning I promised for yesterday? Didn't happen, aside from laundry. Grumph. Life goes on. I go home probably tomorrow after work or Wednesday to "hold waking hours," my family's term for the Southern tradition of a week(ish) long sitting period so family can come Vizit.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• good mornin NaiadKnight! Happy Monday!
        sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• *hugs* I would come visit if I could. AND i love your placement of your tat... mine will PROBABLY be going on my foot with my "Live With No One Else" tat... (which i don't have yet either) although... the neck one is pretty effin sexy I must say.

As far as waking hours-Southerners know how to have long wakes... I remember my great-grandmother's funeral was like a 4 day event... constant... wow. LOTS of food though. have you ever seen the movie "Elizabethtown"? You should-it's great. MAYBE not today, or tomorrow... but maybe in like LATE October when you are a bit less... sad.

Okie doke the end.

Your friend.
          Manda
          Live Like No One Else

Comment

• That's actually kinda what I'm worried about, Manda. The food. Southern food is carb heavy by definition. Redneck Southern food (ala my grandmother's folks) is processed Suthern food. I may end up having to eat that crap out of respect and to prevent another fricking family s.... No. I'll take my own damned food if I have to, but I'm not falling off for people who don't me from Eve.
            I'm also kinda laughing at the family reunion aspect of this. My gramma's family only gets together for funerals. That's it. There are folks probably coming that I've never met or met for 15 minutes when I was 10. That'll be.... interesting. "Oh, you're Laquita's grandkid? You're so young. What are you, 16 now? Is that your older brother *pointing to Husband, who looks a lot like a younger version of my father*?"
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• OMG OMG It is so true! I understand. Good for you for standing your ground-IF or bring your own food... screw them and their dumb southern poison! It won't get you down... and you know that's what happens when you eat crap anyway-it just gets you down and feeling shitty... so avoid that as much as possible (IMHO)

*hugs*
              Live Like No One Else

Comment

• Apparently, I have repressed memories of my grandmother. I was listening to the radio in a coworkers office and "The House on Pooh Corner" came on. Had to get out of there because the memory was so poignant. I was around 3 or 4 and spending the night at my grandmother's house. I was in the closet I usually slept in, curled up on a pile of clothes (my usual nest I slept in) and reading. My grandmother opens the door and rather than saying "It's 4 in the morning, go to sleep!," She grabbed an OLD book from the top of the closet, saying it was the only book she had growing up. She says "Read this with me? It'll help us both sleep." It was a book on Amerindians (one of my favorite topics growing up). Her radio was playing that song while we read.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Great story! Thank you so much for sharing. (I used to sleep in the closet too--even if you are weird you are never alone)
                  Live Like No One Else

Comment

• Thanks for sharing that memory with us, Naiad <3

Comment

• What a cool memory.

sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• agreed. thanks for sharing.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Alright, I officially failed the "no stupid stuff" part of the blueprint. I went for a walk on a local 2.75 mile track at a college. Was wearing work clothes and flip flops, figuring I'd walk barefoot. I was reminded (yet again, for the 7 millionth time) that concrete is usually hotter than ambient temperature. After giving myself blister burns on the soles of my feet, I put my flip flops back on and proceed to give myself blisters between the toes because they were the crappy $1 pair I keep in the car for emergency purposes. And then I finished the other half of my walk. So, yeah. I failed common sense 101 today. Oops. On the upside, I'm still IFing. This is hour... oh. I just hit 17. I forgot about the ice cream last night.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Went to my favorite little Chinese food shack for dinner. Got something called Happy Family, hot and sour soup and pot stickers. I ate the middle out of 3 of the potstickers and maybe 1 (rice based) wrapper total between the 3 I ate. There was soy sauce and tofu in the soup and meal, but I eat soy rarely that it's easily in my 20%. I'm not rationalizing or being defensive. We hadn't been there in a coon's age, so I enjoyed the hell outta myself.
                            The Happy Family had shrimp, beef, pork, and chicken with broccoli, celery, cabbage, onion, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and carrot in a soy sauce based sauce. Good though. And the stock for their hot and sour soup is a homemade consomme. damn tasty stuff.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks for the story naida, I hope your feeling ok tonight. I know what you mean about the tat, I still have mine on and it keeps crossing my mind that it could be real.... Wonder if that was Mark's secrete plan?
                              Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                Went to my favorite little Chinese food shack for dinner. Got something called Happy Family, hot and sour soup and pot stickers. I ate the middle out of 3 of the potstickers and maybe 1 (rice based) wrapper total between the 3 I ate. There was soy sauce and tofu in the soup and meal, but I eat soy rarely that it's easily in my 20%. I'm not rationalizing or being defensive. We hadn't been there in a coon's age, so I enjoyed the hell outta myself.
                                The Happy Family had shrimp, beef, pork, and chicken with broccoli, celery, cabbage, onion, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and carrot in a soy sauce based sauce. Good though. And the stock for their hot and sour soup is a homemade consomme. damn tasty stuff.
                                Sounds delicious, Naiad. I TOTALLY would have hit that

Comment

Working...
                                X