X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be nice to yourself.
    That is an order

Comment

• I gotcha, Kuno, but grieving is no excuse for eating shit.
      I miss her now in a way I never did when I was alive. Strange, but true. I think a large part of it is that I finally found my connection with her; found it 2 weeks before she bought the farm.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Understood, Naiad.
        Big hugs to you.

Comment

• Naiad,

So sorry to hear the news, be good to yourself.
          Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• Naiad... 1. You're right grief is no excuse to eat crap-and this is why you are a far greater person than I. 2. Never lose who you are-I like you more and more with each passing day. 3. I really appreciate your directness-it is refreshing and inspiring-THANKS

The end, Happy Sunday

Mandabear
            Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• 9/30/2010 is when I begin a new challenge. I'll continue this one until the end of Mark's challenge, so from the 30th to the 6th, I'm essentially on 2 challenges. That's fine, because my next challenge is an extension of this one. My next challenge will involve both PB challenges and personal challenges that relate to the extra time I'll have without work.
              In preparation for this upcoming challenge, tomorrow I'll be doing some massive clean- up and organization in my life. My closets (including the scary lab closet, full of projects and hobby stuff), my lab, my bookshelves, the kitchen. Especially my lab and bookshelves. I may do a mural on my white board to get rid of some of this emotional stuff. I'unno. I'll figure it out tomorrow. I will also then list any book duplicates I have (that aren't already claimed) for those who may want them. And godsdammit, I WILL get my posters and painting up on the walls of my lab (tomorrow or within the next challenge period).
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Manda-
                Thanks, I needed to hear that stuff. Except that I'm not stronger than you. You're strong in your own ways that I've never had to deal with. I cave too. The idea is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the damn horse. It needs to know who's boss.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  Manda-
                  Thanks, I needed to hear that stuff. Except that I'm not stronger than you. You're strong in your own ways that I've never had to deal with. I cave too. The idea is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the damn horse. It needs to know who's boss.
                  I understand-Didn't entirely mean it that way I mostly meant in that specific case... my weakness is foodage. I look for excuses to eat a bit of crap here and there-but don't we all?

Thanks! You're an excellent friend and I am glad my comments helped
                  Live Like No One Else

Comment

• hugs, naiad. it's good to see you're taking a good healthy approach to healing.
                    sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Naiad,

I'm so sorry for your loss! After losing both my mother and father within a years time, I found I needed something to help me in my grieving process. Someone suggested I start a journal about each. I focused the majority of my writing on all the positive memories, lessons I had learned from them, and times or actions that meant the most to me. As I went along, I gathered mementos or some of their personal effects and wrote of what these these things reminded me of.

I have to say, that for me, this was key. I may be sad about them being gone, but I now put more focus on their impact in my life and the wonderful memories I have.

(Hugs)
                      Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                      Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                      Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• After getting my Grok tat and not doing anything about it for awhile, I have placed Grok in his (temporary) home.
                        IMG_1993..jpg

He's sitting right on top of that spinal bone where my neck and shoulders meet. I call it "Grok Hunts Hair."
                        Last edited by naiadknight; 09-26-2010, 03:56 PM.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Books for those who want them:
                          2 armloads of Piers Anthony Xanth books. If anybody's interested, I can list all of them.
                          Some Unknown Person by Sandra Scoppettone
                          The Star Group by Christopher Pike
                          The Eye of the World and The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan
                          Stephen King:
                          -Needful Things
                          -Nightmares and Dreamscapes
                          -Carrie
                          -Firestarter
                          -The Shining/ Salem's Lot/ Night Shift/ Carrie (compilation book)
                          Jesus's Son by Dennis Johnson
                          Storm Front by Jim Butcher
                          The Bride's Survival Guide: 150 Mistakes You Should Avoid for the Perfect Wedding by Sharon Naylor
                          The worst case Scenario Handbook: Dating and Sex/ The worst case Scenario Handbook: College
                          Culturetopia: The Ultimate High- Performance Workplace by Jason Young
                          Poplollies and Bellibones: A celebration of Lost Words/ Tenderfeet and Ladyfingers: A Compendium of Body Language by Susan Sperling
                          Life Strategies for Teens by Jay McGraw (son of Phillip McGraw, autographed copy)
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Your tatoo rocks, I am considering making my temporary tattoo a permanent one..... Might not put it in the exact same place, but keeps crossing my mind.
                            Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• WHere the heck did everyone get the temp grok tattoos-and why was I uninformed? *pouts*
                              Live Like No One Else

Comment

• It was a secret contest, Manda.

Dinner: Slow cooker brisket, boiled carrots and celery, 1/2 baked potato w/ 2 tbsp sour cream and 1/2 tbsp butter.
                                Dessert: Valentino brownie w/ 1 svg chocolate almond and 1 svg ultra chocolate ice cream.
                                Walked 1 mile with the New Yorker.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X