No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm going to try to apply to work on tutor.com. The subjects they need are ones that are relatively fresh (Calculus, English essay writing, chemistry, etc.) and it's SOMETHING coming in.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• +1 That's a great idea! I may take a look at it as well ... particularly English and the Social Studies section. Hmmmmm.
      "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• By the by, Victoria, feel free to pass on that I'm willing to do tutoring in math, physics, chemistry, and English. Including in Big Spring.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I will definitely pass that on to anyone I know. I may actually get you to help me as I progress through this course. I will probably need more help next semester though when I do College Algebra. Right now I'm getting there, slowly, but it's not too bad. I'm just trying to stay focused and not get side tracked by something more interesting
          "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• Oh that is cool about the tutoring..... lord known I may have a student for you that needs it! LOL Hope all is well!
            sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• If it can be done online, I'm willing, TFG.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: Crustless quiche w/ 3 eggs, 1 c spinach, 4 slices bacon, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 c broccoli
                Exercise: 6.5 miles on bike, 2 bike sprints
                1) No more wheat. Point blank, the end, do not pass go.
                yep.
                2) Eat more veggies. At least 30 g carbs, preferably 50 g carbs per day.
                34 g
                3) Sprint at least once a week and PBF as per e-book and WOW.
                Bike Sprint, twice
                4) Fight inflammation. This includes:
                A) Getting O3 : O 6 levels to at least 1: 4, preferably 1:1
                Overly high, thanks to that mayo, too much fish oil to correct.
                B) Watching and mediating stress. No more stress puppying.
                Heh. Boss left today. You do the math.
                Had a good cry earlier, helped a little. Still have more releasing to do, but it's SSDD.
                5) Sleep at least 6.5 hrs per night, preferably 8 or more.
                6 hrs
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• She's gone. My grandma has passed on. Found out around 330. I'm gonna be a shambling mess today at the house. I'm in no shape to go to the office. Please excuse any grief stricken posts, they'll be deleted after I come to my senses.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh, I'm so sorry babe

I wish I could hug you and make you cake but I can't so all I can do is send you virtual, yet genuine, love <3
                    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Some memories:
                      One Thanksgiving, when I was fairly small, we did Thanksgiving at her place (they were REALLY poor, so this was a major thing in my life.) I enjoyed most of it, albeit it was bland. Turkey breast, mashed potatos, canned cranberry goop (oh gods I've always loved that stuff), gravy from a can... yadayadayada. What I remember most were the sweet potatos. Because she couldn't afford/ couldn't eat marshmallow, she topped each sweet potato slice with a couple LucKy Charms marshmallows. I still don't consider it to be true sweet potato casserole unless there are Lucky Charms marshmallows on it.
                      She couldn't afford it, but there was always a kids cereal in the fridge (so it wouldn't go stale or get eaten by vermin) at her place.
                      I always slept in her walk in closet when I slept there. I had a thing about sharing a bed (still do, refuse to unless it's my husband) and that was the only place in her house that didn't reek of DOG. The piles of clothes always made the comfiest nests to sleep in.
                      I remember a family reunion for her side of the family in OK. First time I ever tasted venison. I have a cousin with pretty serious Down's Syndrome. She treated him as a perfectly normal human being. To this day, I remember her heart and treat the disabled with the same respect she treated my cousin.
                      My grandfather (her husband) drank and smoked himself into the grave with strokes and heart attacks. She took care of him, in their home, until he got bad enough to NEED to be in the hospital. While he could barely even blink his eyes towards the end, she talked with him and sat with him as though he were as hearty as he was when my mom and uncles were small. As bad as she knew it was for him, and the trouble she knew she could get into, she snuck a medicine dropper of beer into the hospital towards the end, because he wanted one final taste. That's the kind of woman she was. She'd cut off her left leg and present it to you if she thought it would help you at all.
                      "A song for a heart so big
                      God wouldn't let it live
                      May angels lead you in.
                      Hear you me, my friend,
                      Down sleepless roads the sleepless go,
                      May angels lead you in."
                      Jimmy Eat World, Hear You Me
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Meaty-
                        I need to make this response quick, because I'm crying my eyes out. Thank you for your love.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• *BIG HUG!* I am so sorry for your loss love! I hope youre able to feel peaceful with this. MUCH MUCH love to you!
                          Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Hugs and loves, Naiad.
                            SO very sorry...

Comment

• Naiad, I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

• I'm trying to remember to take care of my self. Had a chocopecan bomb earlier, drawing with crayons (I bought myself a 120pack), may take a bath later. I should eat, I have a headache, just need to figure out something appetizing.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X