No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored silly at work. postypostypostypost. Gaahhhh, I just want to get out and ride!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• "...primal lensing..." I like that!
      Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
      Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
      Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Lunch: egg batttered chile rellenos with iceberg and tomato salad.
        Dinner: heh.... I was prepping chocolate chip cookies, almond shortbread, and valentino brownies (all primal, thankyouverymuch. Added a little honey to the chocochip cookies) for tomorrow (boss's last day.) I was sampling batters, licking spoons, and "cleaning" bowls. Call it 2 chocochip cookie, minimal brownie (unfortunately), and 2 shortbread cookies. Waiting for it all to cool so I can pack it all up.
        1) No more wheat. Point blank, the end, do not pass go. yep.
        2) Eat more veggies. At least 30 g carbs, preferably 50 g carbs per day.
        34 g
        3) Sprint at least once a week and PBF as per e-book and WOW.
        Nah. I don't count the (kinda sorta) run in heels across the HEB parking lot
        4) Fight inflammation. This includes:
        A) Getting O3 : O 6 levels to at least 1: 4, preferably 1:1
        1:2, 1 tsp fish oil
        B) Watching and mediating stress. No more stress puppying.
        Mostly. My grandmother's getting worse, so that's kinda ragging on me, but did good other than that.
        5) Sleep at least 6.5 hrs per night, preferably 8 or more.
        6 hrs

Something kinda funny happened at lunch today. We were having a luncheon for boss's going away. During the part of the meal that people were getting up and saying stuff, boss's boss gets up. (He's made it painfully obvious that he hates her more than he hates me. In a way, getting rid of me was him telling her to fuck off.) Rather than saying "We'll miss you" or anything to that effect, he takes one last jab at her: "You know what the difference between an accountant and an engineer is? An accountant knows they aren't an engineer." Mind you, this woman has kept our department financially stable and solvent for the past 15 years, in addition to her engineering duties; a job this asshat will never take on. My response (given that I don't particularly give two shits about what he thinks): saying, rather loudly "Low blow," and standing up after him to say "[Boss,]Thank you. For everything. From all of us." After the luncheon was over and boss and I were talking outside, I mentioned how I was surprised asshat bought her lunch (customary for boss to buy a leaving employees lunch at one of those shindigs.) Her response was priceless: "He didn't buy it. I wouldn't have let him. [Coworker she's dating] did."
        Last edited by naiadknight; 09-22-2010, 07:19 PM.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• YAY for standing up to asshats.
          Sounds like they deserve what they're going to get when you and YOUR boss are gone.
          F**k 'em!!!

Comment

• I dunno that that qualifies as standing up to him, more as a "Nyahnyahnyah nyah Phthbbbbt" move.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• DUMB WORK!

I am now officially a subscriber to your ventfest... thanks for letting me in!

I don't know what took me so damned long!!

Also, thanks for making me feel like less of an ass pretty much every day.

Hope your Thursday is FAN tas TIC!

Manda
              Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• In light of Manda's post, here is our home, in it's usual semi- clean status:
                The kitchen:
                IMG00098..jpg
                The living room
                IMG00099..jpg
                The other living room
                IMG00100..jpg
                My lab:
                IMG00104..jpg

IMG00103..jpg
                Yes, that's a huge dry- erase board on the (unshown, D'oh!) wall. Yes, that's a wedding gown hanging from the bookcase, no, it's not the one I wore. The piles of clothing are stuff to give away and stuff to repair.

More to come---->
                Last edited by naiadknight; 09-22-2010, 07:57 PM.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• The hall bath:
                  IMG00105..jpg
                  Yes, we write reminders on the mirror with dry erase marker. Shaddup, it works.

The bedroom:
                  IMG00108..jpg

IMG00106..jpg
                  The bed never gets made. It'd be a lie if it was.

I just realized how many bookshelves we have in this house, and how they're all nearly jammed full. I had no idea we had that many books.
                  Last edited by naiadknight; 09-22-2010, 07:54 PM.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• thanks for sharing!!!

I write on my mirror too! Typically really awesome quotes about good things.

yAy!
                    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• This has been running through my head for DAYS!!!
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• WOW.

That's incredible. When you get tired of that, I'll send you the badger song again ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          The hall bath:
                          [ATTACH]1795[/ATTACH]
                          Yes, we write reminders on the mirror with dry erase marker. Shaddup, it works.

The bedroom:
                          [ATTACH]1796[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1797[/ATTACH]
                          The bed never gets made. It'd be a lie if it was.
                          Beds are super-sexy when they're unmade.

Comment

• Evil, EVIL Kuno. I'll stick with that and Weird Al songs.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think that today I'll be mostly grazing on free food at the office. List will be updated w/ each food.
                              Fud:
                              6 deviled egg halves
                              2 baby carrot w/ 2 tsp spinach dip (not as mayo-y but still salty as hell)
                              9 more baby carrots
                              3 broccoli floret
                              2 cauliflower floret w/ 1 2 tsp spinach di[
                              2 pecan chocolate bomb ( a variation on my usual paleochip cookie)
                              1 valentino brownie
                              Last edited by naiadknight; 09-23-2010, 12:04 PM.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• In addition to the book exchange on 216's journal, I'm putting stuff up here.
                                Books: Mostly Stephen King and Piers Anthony. Full list when I get home.
                                Clothes: Sweaters and other clothing. Women's sizes small and medium. 3 Hawaiian shirts, men's sizes small and medium. Ask and I'll give full details of what's in the tote of women's clothes.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X