No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NK, have you found any decent places to get soup bones for beef bone broth in either of our cities? I was going to get some from YT tomorrow at MDFM, then I remembered that they're on the once-a-month schedule for winter.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
      NK, have you found any decent places to get soup bones for beef bone broth in either of our cities? I was going to get some from YT tomorrow at MDFM, then I remembered that they're on the once-a-month schedule for winter.
      They aren't organic or anything, but I'm reasonably certain El Rancho has them. You might also ask behind the counter at the Midland HEB. I know I've asked before and got them for either free or dirt cheap. It depends on which butcher you talk to and whether they've cleaned up after the display case butchering.
      I generally just set aside the ones from everything but steaks in a foil wrapped baggie in the freezer and do it when the bag gets full.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'll have to check around. None of our beef normally comes with bones in it. Most of it is in ground form.
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I don't get much beef with bones either... most roasts and steaks we get are boneless...
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Hence why I almost never make beef stock, just chicken.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch was 2 eggs fried in butter, 1 andouille sausage less one bite, and Mi Piaci's leftovers (translation: 3 ziti noodles, a couple spoonfuls of sauce, and mozz.)
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Son of a bitch! Froot Loop went into heat. We go out of town Wednesday. She wasn't supposed to be "old enough" yo spay until a month from now. Goddammit!
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yikes. Does that interfere with your going out of town?

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• With the fence we have, we're not worried about anything jumping it. We're going out of town still, but will have FIL check in her when he stops by to feed and water her.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Fuck. I just looked into the auto immune protocol. Eggplant isn't an issue, I detest the stuff. I can live without grains and beans well enough, I have for a couple years now. I could find a way to give up potatoes, nuts, seeds, dairy, soy lecithin, and guar gum. It's the peppers (in all forms) and tomatoes. There is no possible way for me to go paleo without peppers and tomatoes. It just ain't happening. Uh- uh, no way, deal breaker, do not pass go. I can not live in a bland world.
                      I know my body does better without dairy. It also seems to do better when I stay away from coffee. I'd be interested to experiment with eggs. I know my body doesn't care for processed sugar. I also seem to be getting headaches after ingesting too much salt.
                      Taking those givens, here's the game plan:
                      Week of Nov. 18th
                      Straight primal
                      -finish off the eggs or give them away. Do not replace.
                      -strict sugar avoidance. Exceptions may include pie fillings if deemed worth it.
                      -avoid dairy (with the exception of butter.) Exception for Thanksgiving dinner.
                      -avoid excess salt. That's going to be interesting on the trip down and back.
                      -avoid coffee and go back to tea. Replenish tea stock in Dallas.
                      Weeks of Nov. 25, and December 2, 9, and 16
                      Modified Auto immune Protocol
                      -No eggs
                      -No Dairy (including my beloved cheese, excluding my beloved butter)
                      -standard primal exclusions
                      -Avoid sugar
                      -avoid coffee
                      -avoid excess salt
                      Week between Christmas and New Years
                      Test theories one at a time. Eggs one day, Dairy another, coffee another, yadayadayada. Note results and adjust from there.

You can have my peppers and tomatoes when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        With the fence we have, we're not worried about anything jumping it. We're going out of town still, but will have FIL check in her when he stops by to feed and water her.
                        As soon as you get home schedule a spay.

It's possible a dog will dig under the fence... with dogs where there is a will there is a way... and when there is HEAT there is a will! Sorry, sad but true. A little chihuahua could even do it.

But since a spay is essentially just a full hysterectomy including all parts... it won't matter if she is in the early stages of a pregnancy. Just get it done. Poof, no problem.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• THat's the idea. It's why we're not worried about her getting pregnant. Either way, it's coming out, I don't care if it's full or not.
                          (And the fence is a 5-6' cinderblock fence with foundation down to bedrock (6" here.) If a dog gets in this yard, they earned a fuck.)
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• lol. NK you have such a way with words. BTW how's that book coming?
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• What a fence!!! And what a statement!

I had to greatly reduce onions and tomatoes for this Diabetes Solution diet. I have a bit here or there until yesterday when I "splurged" on sauteed onions and tomatoes in fajitas. I love tomatoes. Them being a splurge just makes me mad! But I'll get over it. I hope whatever is bothering you is something easy to give up or cut back on and not tomatoes. I hear you can tell by if your weight jumps several pounds after eating. It is what happens to me with wheat.
                              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                lol. NK you have such a way with words. BTW how's that book coming?
                                It got held up by writing my SER (paperwork for applying to take the test for engineering licensure) and a desperate need to find a job and finding a job I love. I'm actually working on my SER today in an effort to get that done so I can get all the paperwork out the door.

Originally posted by Kymma View Post
                                What a fence!!! And what a statement!

I had to greatly reduce onions and tomatoes for this Diabetes Solution diet. I have a bit here or there until yesterday when I "splurged" on sauteed onions and tomatoes in fajitas. I love tomatoes. Them being a splurge just makes me mad! But I'll get over it. I hope whatever is bothering you is something easy to give up or cut back on and not tomatoes. I hear you can tell by if your weight jumps several pounds after eating. It is what happens to me with wheat.
                                That's part of the reason I'm scaling back the salt. I've almost always believed "if I can taste it, it's too much," and my salt tolerance is low to begin with. I should also probably cut back on the rice, but I'm one of those freaks that needs to stay around 75-100g carbs/ day, and rice/ potatoes are some of the few options I have to get up where I need. I've actually never noticed any issues (weight, respiratory, inflammation) with nightshades, which is why I'm not bothering to give them up.
                                On to why I'm experimenting with cutting eggs. Geek has an egg allergy. He can tolerate it in small doses (cooked), but even the smell of it cooking is not his friend. He also found a study saying that, while the human body can outgrow an egg allergy, most people retain a small vestige of it into adulthood. I know my body has a STOP mechanism with eggs (as in "one more bite and it's all coming back up.") That mechanism makes me wonder if I have a latent egg allergy. In an effort to spare Geek and test myself, I'm cutting eggs for several weeks. I may even take the remaining carton of eggs over to my in laws today and get a jump start on it early.

I'm hoping cutting one or more of these foods calms my thyroid the fuck down. I'm not expecting to get off the meds. There's no panacea diet on earth that'll do that. I would like to get rid of the gunky throat near the thyroid and do what I can to quit agitating it, so that maybe the body will attack it less. I still need to do more research. I've cut my brassica intake to nearly nothing (gas and bad for the thyroid unless cooked to oblivion.)
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X