No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night at the in-laws was a bust. Had I been the only one attacking the astronaut chicken, I coulda stayed okay. I wasn't. It was the first thing gone, before the store bought fried chicken and buffalo wings I didn't touch (fear of cottonseed oil.) So, I ate bread, and insta taters, and a cherry turnover, and half a pan of Rice Krispy treats along with the astronaut chicken.
    Doing research for the interview today.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Good luck today!
      Georgette

Comment

• Thanks, Geo!
        Today's blog post on picking a decent suit that doesn't necessarily break the bank: Suits Me
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Looking forward to hearing about the interview and how they hire you on the spot!

And when you're doing telling that story, you can tell me how to make rice stuffing b/c I plan to make some for the potluck coming up at work. Thanks!!

GOOD LUCK!!
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• One of them sounded like she wanted to (my main interviewer.) She was even talking about cancelling the other interview they have set up for Wed (with a guy out of Dallas.) I should know by the end of the week, because they would want me to start Mon.
            Rice Stuffing
            2 c rice
            1 lb sausage, (not breakfast sausage, the sage sausage is good, as is summer sausage), diced if applicable
            1 carrot, diced
            1 celery stalk, diced
            1 onion, diced
            1 head garlic (for the average person, this equates to 3 cloves of garlic)
            seasoning to taste
            broth per recipe
            Cook the rice according to package directions, except using broth instead of water and adding sage, oregano, parsley, pepper, and marjoram to the mix. Saute sausage until brown and broken up. Throw in veggies, if using, and cook til soft. Add the rice. Toss it all together in the pan. Cook until sausage is done.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Crossing my fingers and toes that you get some news soon.

Ok, now I am rethinking the my stuffing or make this and oyster stuffing.
              Georgette

Comment

• what really stopped me was that I consider several people here to be closer friends than anyone I've met around here.

Comment

• Oh, really, dear spammer? You consider people with whom your cotton candy- eating, wheat guzzling ass has NOTHING in common with to be closer friends than real people? Maybe because you SPAM THEM TOO?! Go fuck off with Encke sideways.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner- t-bone, filet mignon, caesar salad, and a sweet tater with butter. I really don't see the allure of filet mignon. It just doesn't taste as good as a t-bone or rib eye. Even wrapped in bacon, it wasn't as good as a t- bone.
                    Dessert- chocolate mug cake, a glass of red.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      One of them sounded like she wanted to (my main interviewer.) She was even talking about cancelling the other interview they have set up for Wed (with a guy out of Dallas.) I should know by the end of the week, because they would want me to start Mon.
                      Rice Stuffing
                      2 c rice
                      1 lb sausage, (not breakfast sausage, the sage sausage is good, as is summer sausage), diced if applicable
                      1 carrot, diced
                      1 celery stalk, diced
                      1 onion, diced
                      1 head garlic (for the average person, this equates to 3 cloves of garlic)
                      seasoning to taste
                      broth per recipe
                      Cook the rice according to package directions, except using broth instead of water and adding sage, oregano, parsley, pepper, and marjoram to the mix. Saute sausage until brown and broken up. Throw in veggies, if using, and cook til soft. Add the rice. Toss it all together in the pan. Cook until sausage is done.
                      How much of the spices do you use? I've never cooked with sage or marjoram before.

Comment

• Uhhh... good question? I honestly don't remember. I know it tastes just as good without the spices, but the spices add a kick. If you make your own broth, the richness of that is actually better in flavor than the canned broth + spices. I do remember I liberated the proportions loosely from a bread stuffing recipe.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I AM EMPLOYED!!! It's with the local firm, and a higher pay than I've made to date.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              I AM EMPLOYED!!! It's with the local firm, and a higher pay than I've made to date.
                              WHOO HOOO HOOOO!!! Happy dance behind my desk for you!!!

Comment

• Woot!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Doing my happy dance for you!!!
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X