No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My grandparents' church is a good 6 hrs away. That's not happening, moving or going there on a Sunday. The church itself has chenged since then, and I would be unwilling to attend a service there now. My grandmother is no longer alive and the church leadership has changed, as have my views. You can't back to the same river twice, y'know?
    Thanks for that last compliment. I tend not to think of myself as such, but you're right.
    I had a phone interview with another company earlier and a face to face interview with them Wed. It's for an environmental tech position. I apparently impressed them pretty well, because the hiring person on the phone made the face to face sound like a formality.
    I also still have the civil engineer (for H&H!) interview on Friday still.
    I'm truly hoping I get an offer from both, because I've never had to choose between 2 jobs I actually want (although it still wouldn't even be a choice, because, c'mon it's a freaking H&H postion in West Fucking TX!)
    I wouldn't have given them a piece of my mind. I would've thought it, wrote it and deleted it, raged about it on here, but never told them. I'm too professional to do that. I didn't even tell them off when they fired me. It would've reflected badly on me and they expected it. They didn't deserve one of my epic tell offs.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Excellent point. You're right. They didn't deserve the epic tell off. But, I can still imagine it in my mind. Yes, you would have quit professionally. And their loss is our gain. I'm glad they didn't get what they expected. Sounds like they're playing games -- of an evil sort, or they're just incredibly stupid.

Oh, yeah, same river twice doesn't work. Kind of like going back to see that childhood home and they've razed it to the ground. Well, there will be new jobs, new places, new churches, and new ideas, and you can look forward to them all!
      Last edited by lopisheep; 10-08-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• I ate the last of the pizza last night. Everything above the tits hurts to high heaven if I move it (or not, in the case of my head), as well as my lower back. You'd think I learned this lesson.
        Today I need to fill out the official app for the interview tomorrow, find my black suit pieces (pants tomorrow, skirt Fri) and figure out which of my 5 million blue button ups I'm wearing on which interview. I also need to work on my SERs for the P&P application and possibly rip some dead shit out of the backyard. Still have no clue what to do about the dying fruitless mulberry, leaving that one to Geek and his dad.
        Possibly triggering
        I realized yesterday that there's a good chance we may not be able to go down to Dallas for Thanksgiving, because I may not have the time or seniority to request that Friday off. That in turn made me realize I'd hafta tell Mom, which made me curl up into a tiny ball of powerlessness. Giving Mom bad news like that invites guilt trip like only a travel company can offer. After all these years, her guilt tripping and drama still trip an alarm in me. Each time she went off the deep end and ran off or went for suicide, it was because she'd received news about or from one of us kids. Even though she's supposedly better now, I still dislike telling her bad news. At the same time, I was raised that you don't send in lackeys (or Dad) to do your dirty work. Damnedif you do, damned if you don't. Fuck it. I'll burn that bridge later, it's too early to be borrowing trouble from late November.
        /trigger

Something's got me anxious today, nervous. Not the above issue or the interviews, something else. Maybe if I can finish this baby blanket and get my interview prep done, it'll go away.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• You can put off "bad" news, definitely a bit early for that . It can be hard to see clearly with situations like that, but remember that you CAN ask for help. I don't think it's weak-willed for you to ask someone to take a burden for you. It won't cost them anything, and you'll get some relief.

I had a thought just now. "The weather is anxious." Something weird about the change in seasons, I guess. Deep breaths in fresh air help.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            "The weather is anxious."
            The owls are not what they seem.

Comment

• Well, job application is away.
              I don't know that it's in the air. I think this is more my body needling me to get my ass back to true primal and not the half ass, kinda sorta, not really primal I've done these past several days.
              I'm really trying to listen for the Mother, but she's being quiet and the Father has piped up to sit, watch, and wait, don't force it. Patience is a virtue, I guess.
              Time to shower, update blog, work on blanket, and prep for tomorrow.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Today's blog post on cheapass minimalist moccasins.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch was two eggs fried in coconut oil. Went to my previous employer and picked up my last check, only to find out that the ATM was down for repairs. Fark.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• I liked your blog post on hair. I still have a meh/hate relationship with my hair. Meh is the closest to like I can get with my hair. I like the color I just did. It's a light cool blonde and with my hair color, its gone to a dark golden blonde without pulling yellows. I'm still in the process of growing it out. Had almost an inch cut off the ends and had to have an inch and a half cut on my layers. I am no longer wearing ponytails, but pulling it up in clips. Ponytails are what caused the damage in my layers. I hate the curls. The underneath layer is practically straight and everywhere else is curly. I do straighten my hair once every few weeks and go through a lot to protect it the best I can. I think the one thing that pisses me off more than anything is when black chicks look at me and say "Do you that you can use an eyebrow pencil to darken your eyebrows because they are lighter than your hair". Told one at my old job, "Wow, they have something that darkens your eyebrows???? I never knew" and walked away. My eyebrows are a platinum blonde and the hair is a darker blonde. Really??? Could someone have gotten that one right but NOOOOOO. Grrrrrr
                    Georgette

Comment

• Mine are naturally much darker than my hair, to the point it looks like I dye my hair or color my brows. I've never had anyone say anything on it, although whether it's cause I scare them or they don't notice, I'm unsure.
                      Dinner was ribeyes (yes, with an 's'. What idiot thought a 6 oz steak was big enough is beyond me) and steamed broccoli, slathered in garlic butter (enough that it didn't all melt) and caesar salad. If you ever get the people from Gourmet Meats, Inc hit you up door to door, jump on it. These steaks are the most tender I've ever had. Really didn't even need the knife. (Bypass if you're allergic to pineapples or papaya, though, as they use a bromelain tenderizer.)
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well, hello fucking spammer. Congrats on finding page 2 of my journal. Now get your ass of your namesake comet and get lost fuckhead. Your brethren are waiting on you in deep space.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• After acknowledging my faith, my life has been much quieter and things have been rolling in better. I found a piece of rose quartz in my stone collection that seems to almost glow with the Mother's energy. With that in my pocket, sodalite in my ears, and turquoise and lapis around my neck, I should have all the grounding and reminders of love I need at the interview today. I'm also practicing power posturing.
                          I'm calmer today. Things are lining up and falling into place.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• *sends happy thoughts your way for the interview*
                            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• It's a bad sign when you walk out of the interview and everything but your bank account is screaming "not here, anywhere but here."
                              It was a bit of a let down. I may have impressed them (although I'm not feeling it), but they didn't impress me. Especially when he said he'd already had at least one person turn them down based on the offer and they want desperate ("not a young lady whose husband makes 150k at [oil company]... but someone with mouths to feed who needs a job.")
                              Kinda bummed now. Was hoping that one's work out. Oh well, on to Friday. That's the one I REALLY REALLY want.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Got it? Flaunt it, Baby!
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X