Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case NK isn't the only one looking for it:
    I just made this today and it is so so good. Dairy free, gluten free, no added sugar. I made it in an 8x8 pan and I had to cook it at 375 for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick came out clean.

http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/06/caveman-custard/

Do you miss puddings and custards in your primal world? We have a local egg custard here known as “Flan” and for some weird reason, I have been craving it. Here is a custard recipe that I have been putting together. I finally got the proportions perfectly where I like them. If you like yours sweeter, all you need to do is add more bananas! This recipe is about as simple as it gets.

Ingredients:
    - 2 bananas
    - 1 can coconut milk
    - 3 eggs
    - Cinnamon

Directions:
    1. Combine all ingredients except for cinnamon in a mixer and mix well.
    2. Pour into custard or souffle cups (coffee cups or other oven safe containers work fine if you don’t have custard cups).
    3. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
    4. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes. Custard will balloon a bit and you may see some liquid… its ok, it will work itself out.
    5. Chill.
    6. Serve and enjoy.

This makes a tasty treat! Careful though… it is easy to overeat lol.
    Found it here: Super simple coconut banana custard (no dairy, grains, or added sugar) [Archive] - ClothDiaperNation
    So. Describe this pecan stuff again?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• The lady at Arby's, after NK and I placed our orders: y'all have something against bread?
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I think today's blog post may especially speak to some of the ladies here. It's on body love and camouflaging what you don't love yet.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
          So. Describe this pecan stuff again?
          Mix pecan flour and butter together. Press into bottom and sides of ramekins like a cheesecake crust. Pour in flan recipe, follow baking instruction above. 5 min before it's done, remove from the oven and top with whole pecans. Drizzle the whole shebang with honey (prevents pecans from burning) and finish cooking.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            I've also idly had manic, suicidal, and risk taking thoughts (running a red light with heavy traffic flow, wanting to spend all my money on a shopping spree for crap I don't need, having to physically restrain myself to keep from punching someone, that sort of thing.) I recognize them for what they are, so I don't act on them, bu that's def not a good sign. I know it's related to the stress at work.
            Last week I contemplated stepping out of my car at 60 mph just to see what it would be like... how long I could stay on my feet. You can probably guess that I didn't do it... I know the feeling all too well. Anxiety sucks ass. I hope things at work get better for you. Hugs.

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
            The lady at Arby's, after NK and I placed our orders: y'all have something against bread?
            What did you tell her?
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
              What did you tell her?
              Yes. Then I told NK that I think it's the bread that has a problem with us.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• At which point I noted that bread has no problem with me, my body just reacts to it rather vigorously with inflammation, as opposed to the gut pain most get.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Btw, was that the correct recipe?

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Yeah, it was. It's been scribbled down and put in THE BOOK of recipes.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• That custard does sound delicious. I may have to try that out.
                      Georgette

Comment

• Woke up with a hellacious earache. It's not one that makes me cry and scream from pain, but it is violent enough to get my TMJ in on the act. Took some Aleve, e-mailed into work, and passed back out. I'm awake again and I can't find my belladonna drops. Also really snotty. Geek told me that front they were predicting for this may be trying to push through today, because it's really fucking windy. Well, thst extreme a change in barometric pressure can do this to me, but usually it's barometric pressure combined with gunk in my ear (impacted earwax or infection.) I was try the eax remover loop later, if it doesn't hurt like hell.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• That happens to me often when the barometer changes. Caitlyn noticed it first and now I notice it all the time. Its a bit windy here as well.
                          Georgette

Comment

• Hmmm. Maybe that's why my sinuses don't love me today.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I desperately want bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns. Or chorizo con huevos. Unfortunately, we're out of potato like objects and no chorizo or peppers to be found at the house. Greens don't sound appetizing. Neither does bellhash. And I'm not leaving the house right now. Fine. Food won't commence until my body decides it wants something already in the house.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• MMMM, brinner.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X