Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=naiadknight;195850
    I made a new whipped heaven creation! It's better than the original, I swear. Same thing, same idea, but when you have soft peaks or falling peaks, drizzle in coconut oil. It not only imparts a coconut flavor to it, but creates little coconut oil caviar bits throughout the entire thing. It's freakin divine!
    [/QUOTE]
    I so do not need to read this. I think I need to start calling you my "dealer/pusher". : )

I'm glad you are able to see your gran. It will be great if your hubby can be there for you.
    Your recent posts hit so close to home that my heart aches.

Comment

• Marc,
      It's pretty bad when I've got the majority of the board going gaga over such a simple creation.
      I really think that my showing up will lift my gramma's spirits and hopefully help her feel better. I'm not expecting a miracle, but I just want her to feel a little happier/ more comfortable, ya know?

Breakfast: smoked sausage and egg with 1 mug oolong tea and 1 mug tiramisu/ azteca fire tea.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• S: pieces of brownies, less than half a brownie total.
        L: Chef salad with greek vinaigrette. Thing was HUGE. Aside from the meat being lunch meat, it was a good approximation of a BAS by a restaurant.
        D: Chicken heart stir fry with bells, onion, carrot, celery, broccoli, spinach, and green beans in the garlic lime sauce. By the by, chicken hearts are now near the top of the list for meat. Taste like juicy little pearls of thigh meat.
        De: Frozen berry coconut heaven
        Sprinted (raced cars) for about 15 min.
        Managed to inflict massive amts of torture on boss's boss. I've changed tactics and it seems to be working. Rather than the flight attendant, I'm just being a slight perkier version of my normal dark, sarcastic self (read creepy perky Wednesday Adams with blonde hair). Apparently it's disturbing to watch. Forced conversation with food on him this morning, (obliquely) rubbing it in his face that I eat all the sausage and egg I want, as opposed to his "diet" granola bar. Forced conversation on him again throughout lunch by accidentally (no, seriously, I didn't mean to) and holding down 3 conversations at once. Teased him nonverbally by thoroughly enjoying my huge salad while he ate his teeny plate of spag+ meatballs looking mildly disgusted.
        Husband will be with me in Dallas. Yayyyyyy!!!!!
        The way things are going and at the rate my gramma's moving, I think she'll kick it pretty soon. As in it's possible she may just be hanging on to see me one last time because she can't see middle sister again (MS is still in jail, waiting for parole.) We'll see. I just want her to stop suffering.
        Last edited by naiadknight; 08-31-2010, 07:11 PM.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          Managed to inflict massive amts of torture on boss's boss. I've changed tactics and it seems to be working. Rather than the flight attendant, I'm just being a slight perkier version of my normal dark, sarcastic self (read creepy perky Wednesday Adams with blonde hair). Apparently it's disturbing to watch. Forced conversation with food on him this morning, (obliquely) rubbing it in his face that I eat all the sausage and egg I want, as opposed to his "diet" granola bar. Forced conversation on him again throughout lunch by accidentally (no, seriously, I didn't mean to) and holding down 3 conversations at once. Teased him nonverbally by thoroughly enjoying my huge salad while he ate his teeny plate of spag+ meatballs looking mildly disgusted.
          You're my hero.
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm glad your hubby will be with you.

I hope your trip brings both you and your grandmother peace.

Comment

• She will be SO happy to see you, and you will bring her much joy and peace.

And your boss's boss totally has this coming. Enjoy his discomfort, but only as long as it amuses you!

Comment

• So the carlson's lemon fish oil isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Ne real flavor, just the smell. Just took 3 tbsp to counteract the restaurant crap and sesame oil I ate today.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• You're a braver girl than I, Naiad <3

Comment

• Good to hear your hubby gets to join you in Dallas, I hope you have an enjoyable visit with grandma, as low stress and drama as possible.
                    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• (/lurking) I recently aquired the Carlson's fish oil, and it leaves me wishing it came in garlic :/

Comment

• I do wish it came in garlic, but if it did, I'd have to fight using it to cook and eat. It's too expensive for that.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• My Grand Anti Inflammation September Challenge!
                          1) No more wheat. Point blank, the end, do not pass go. Single exception: Cake for my sister's birthday this weekend.
                          2) Eat more veggies. At least 30 g carbs, preferably 50 g carbs per day.
                          3) Sprint at least once a week and PBF as per e-book and WOW.
                          4) Fight inflammation. This includes:
                          A) Getting O3 : O 6 levels to at least 1: 4, preferably 1:1
                          B) Watching and mediating stress. No more stress puppying.
                          5) Sleep. At least 6 hours a night, preferably 8 hours or more.

Those are my goals, in addition to the 10 laws. September challenge starts NOW!!!!!
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• As Kuno would say: "Youuuuu caaaaannnnn doooo it!"
                            Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                            Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                            Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Nice goals!
                              Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• 1) No more wheat. Point blank, the end, do not pass go. Single exception: Cake for my sister's birthday this weekend.
                                Before the challenge started, I had a piece of cake. Well, a bite. It was pretty nasty. After I started, I had none.
                                2) Eat more veggies. At least 30 g carbs, preferably 50 g carbs per day.
                                Breakfast: apple
                                Lunch: Beef veggie stew. It had peas and corn in it, but I ate around them. I did eat the potato bits though.
                                Dinner: 10 oz rib eye, 2 c green leaf lettuce, 1/4 cuke, 1 oz Kerrygold cheddar, 2 tbsp vinaigrette, 2 jalapeno poppers
                                Supps: multivitamin, 4 t fish oil
                                3) Sprint at least once a week and PBF as per e-book and WOW.
                                Sprinted yesterday, tired today
                                4) Fight inflammation. This includes:
                                A) Getting O3 : O 6 levels to at least 1: 4, preferably 1:1
                                fish oil got it to 2:1 O6: O 3, prior to fish oil, was 4:1
                                B) Watching and mediating stress. No more stress puppying.
                                Did pretty well, actually. Got afew job leads from BB's best buddy at the office. She's completely oblivious to any of the politics and I'm perfectly willing to let her think I like her while she serves a purpose.
                                5) Sleep. At least 6 hours a night, preferably 8 hours or more.
                                Last night was 5.75 hrs.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X