No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And, the 3rd piece of bad news in the past 3 hours: The jet engine's back. For the past week and a half the A/C has been randomly winding up like a freaking jet engine until I can't hear myself think. It'll either stay like that, cycle on and off, or randomly kick on and off. They claim they're waiting on a part, which is really funny, because the A/C in this place is always busted at least twice a week. They've been waiting onthis part for 3 weeks. Nearest I can figure is the "part" is a siliencer for the recycled jet engine they use to blow air into the system.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh wow! Sounds like you are having a rough time...... Don't eat his liver..... I heart the heart tastes better! LOL Seriously, sorry to hear it is rough... will keep good thoughts out for you and hope things get better soon.
      sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• so, I just got several bits of good information. I'm not going through legal channels on this job thing, he'll hang himself. In a far worse way than he realizes. When my boss leaves, several people are turning in their walking papers. Within 6-8 mos, 4 of the 10 employees here will be gone. Within 2-3 years, 3 of the 10 will be here, 2 are field employees who don't have to work with BB.
        I also got several other tidbits that prove I'm not the first person he's done this to. Things are looking up.
        Lunch: Beef green curry
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• ...what goes around, comes around.
          Threefold.

*Smiles at the thought of asshats hanging themselves*

Comment

• Dinner: shawarma meatza. I need to tweak it, but it was decent. I probably should've paid more attn to the actual amounts of lime (out of lemon) juice I put in. I may tinker with the spices in the meat.
            Dessert: bowl of cherries, strawberries, blueberries, and an inky dinky local apple. With mexican chocolate whipped cream.
            Sleep: 6:45 hrs
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              Tell me not to go and rip my boss's boss's liver out through his lungs and eat it raw in front of him...... Tell me, please.
              I just found out that the City will bee needing to contract out work (at multiple times my annual salary, mind you) because we have too few people spread on wayyy too many projects to do it. Yet they're eliminating my position. Only my position, in the entire city.
              I will not kill him that way... or that way... or that way... or...
              A guy I used to work with quit, and came back 6 weeks later in a contract position making double his old salary. The contract only lasted about a year and he is off working somewhere else now, but he planned it just right where when he quit they had to hire him as a contractor because they really needed him.
              Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                ...what goes around, comes around.
                Threefold.

*Smiles at the thought of asshats hanging themselves*
                +1. things will work out in your favor.
                sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• I know they will. I'll be talking to the TWC, seeing if anyone's hiring engineers around here.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Breakfast: wild trout/ spinach/ broccoli/ garlic/ butternut squash omelet, topped with salsa.
                    Last edited by naiadknight; 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm thinking I may need to do a diet purge. Again. This week things have been creeping in that haven't made onto MDA because I forget about them ever happening. A handful of wonton chips, a rice krispie treat, a bite of bread. Enough wheat that my eye circles came back and I'm sporting a nice headache.
                      It gets really fucking irritating having to watch every single goddamned thing I put in my mouth, lest I feel like shit. I'm tired of it. I just want to be able to eat right without having to account for sugar, wheat, soy, or any of the other things in every goddamned American product. No wonder 90% of the women out here are heifers. Who needs a devil on your shoulder when you've got a steak drenched in a terriyaki glaze the menu didn't mention? Fuck me, I hate people. I hate the asshole who neglects to mention important things on a menu. Stuff like *fried* chichen breast on that salad, *sugar glazed* steak, *more crouton than salad* salad.
                      I know, I know, I should be eating at home more anyways. But, godsdammit, I'm paying for the fucking thing, at least tell me what's ACTUALLY IN IT!
                      That's not the real issue though. The real issue is me not ignoring the freebie wheat that comes with the drink. I usually can, but PMS and TOM knocked me on my ass this month. I'm being an extremely moody and violent bitch with heinous carb cravings this month and I have no clue why- Oh, really? no clue, huh?-quiet, maddening reason.
                      ANHYWHO.... Diet purge eminent in 3...2...1.... Diet purge in progress.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• It IS frustrating, Sweetie.
                        Sometimes, it feels like a conspiracy---what with clueless servers, and family/friends trying to tell you, "...just a little won't hurt...", all the craptastic non-foods that seem to surround us

TOM issues just bring that to the front burner-----please don't beat yourself up? You are loved.
                        *hugs*

Comment

• I think we all need a diet purge every now and then. With all the craptastic processed foods EVERYWHERE we look or go, it makes it hard to stay 100%
                          Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• Just did a ritualistic meditation. Came to some conclusions that other people have been lobbing at me for a while. You know, the kind of conclusion that's absurd and downright stupid unless you come to it on your own. Yeah, I got a couple of those. Feeling a lot better.
                            Thanks for the hugs and warm wishes, folks. I think the food was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Still doing the purge, so if you're willing to join in on this , lemme know.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I am surprised we don't cave more often than we do seeing how much craptastic food there is around us at all times. I think it is better to salute us when we don't dig into it than punish ourselves when we do. After all it's only happening every so often.

Here is to the 80% +
                              Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Sleep: 14 hrs!! It's been a while since I've slept that much.
                                IF: 23 hrs.
                                Dinner: Genghis Grill, 1.5 bowls worth. Butter instead of canola oil, everything in there was primal.
                                Went shopping on tax free weekend today. Went to Ross, Target (nothing fits there anymore) and Goodwill. So why is it that the only place with clothes that fit me was Goodwill? It's all good, though; I got 3 work shirts, 1 henley, and a pencil skirt, all from good stores originally, all in good shape. For less than $7.50.
                                Cleaned my kitchen.
                                Probably be watching movies tonight with the guys.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X