• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....wild trout!!!
    I wish I had a co-worker like that

Comment

• This guy is awesome.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        Dinner: Wild trout caught in Galveston Bay Saturday by a coworker cooked in garlic, ginger, butter, coconut oil, and lime juice, spinach cooked with the trout; and asparagus and mini dumpling squash sauteed in butter.
        Hey, hey, hey! Stop that! It's no fair! Dang. I am all hungry here again, and I just had 20 oven baked chicken wings!

*scribbles down for later*
        Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• oh lady, i do hope you're feeling better. apply clue bat as necessary.

and please expect about 500 MDA members for dinner. that trout sounded like it was amaaaazing.
          sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Naiad,

Tea tree oil ointment will work really well. Thursday plantation has a great one that's just tto and coconut (iirc), or or course it's easy to make your own if you have tto and co on hand.

IME it takes care of borderline infected/infected abrasions and infected cuts that aren't too deep.

Also keep in mind though that with MRSA hanging around and even regular staph infections being common and problematic, there is a place for modern medicine.

If you have some liquid vitamin d, I'd also apply a drop topically with the tto ointment. Even just saltwater soaks will be signifciantly helpful.

Best,
            Katherine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

• Originally posted by cillakat View Post
              Also keep in mind though that with MRSA hanging around and even regular staph infections being common and problematic, there is a place for modern medicine.
              +29385724705626029386560893264!!!

I have a gigantic scar on my left leg from a MRSA infection I got from a stupid little scratch. So, yeah. What Cilla said

Comment

• That's why I'm taking the Keflex. No desire for a nasty battle if I can just kill 'em.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yup.
                  WAY easier.

Comment

• Lunch: Mexican stir fry leftovers
                    Dinner: slow cooker Brisket, 1/3 steamed butternut squash with butter, 1/2 jalapeno sausage link.
                    Exercise: 1.5 hrs belly dance, my quads screaming the whole time because of the 5 million squats I did for my PBF assessment.
                    Last nights sleep: 6 hrs.
                    Last edited by naiadknight; 08-19-2010, 05:52 AM.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner sounds great. I'm so glad my quads finally quit screaming from my PBF assessment.
                      Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• Oh, you two and your quads.
                        Hopefully my stupid lame ass will stop hurting, so I can do MY PBF assessment ;-)

Comment

• Dinner sounded great! I still have to do my PBF assessment..... not sure I can do 5 million squads..... maybe 5 or 10 hahaha j/k Keep up the great work!
                          sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Aannnnnnnnnd there goes my mother off the deep end..... she didn't get hired on full time at the place she was working temp, and so she's making this HUGE deal out of it. Woe is me, etc, etc. *Scrounges around in bag o' pity* Sorry, Mom, I'm fresh out. Something about LOSING MY JOB IN A MONTH and not bring able to find any takers while she has somewhat solid work. Go cry and whine at someone who gives two shits.
                            I love my Mom (at least, I think I do) but I'm tired of being the mother in the relationship. Still have no idea what I mean by that? Here are the texts from this morning verbatim.
                            Mom:
                            I didnt get the potition.he hired all 4 from second shift.im so dicusted.just taking my time today.i want a job i enjoy.im depressed
                            Me:
                            Mom, keep this job until you can get hired somewhere else. Talk to [friend] or Dad when you get a chance to get this off your chest if you chance.

Anyone else think that conversation was a little reversed? I'm not dealing with her shit today. She tried calling when I was in a meeting. At work, I leave my phone on my desk if I go anywhere. Left me an unintelligible message. I'm not calling her back. She can deal with her own baggage. I refuse to be the whipping boy.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Tell me not to go and rip my boss's boss's liver out through his lungs and eat it raw in front of him...... Tell me, please.
                              I just found out that the City will bee needing to contract out work (at multiple times my annual salary, mind you) because we have too few people spread on wayyy too many projects to do it. Yet they're eliminating my position. Only my position, in the entire city.
                              I will not kill him that way... or that way... or that way... or...
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• go get a big container of bacon adn sausage and meat and enjoy!
                                Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Working...
                                X