Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    I need to eat more, calorically, which means I may need to start making myself eat lunch. I hate the idea of making myself eat, but I can't subsist on 500- 750 cal/ day forever. Even on the days I eat more than that, I rarely break 1800, and I need more than that for maintenance. I can't just get my calories from whipped heaven either, as tempting as that is. I need the nutrition that comes from eating more. Any ideas? Bueller?
    lemmetellya how happy i am to see you type this you eat 2 meals a day, right? could you just add a little more stuff to each meal if that makes you more comfortable? hell, just throwing in a BAS with olive oil/vinegar dressing, or an avocado. or MOAR MEAT. NOM. or, yanno, dark chocolate

i am sorry about the rednecks. i cannot stand sexist pigs.
    sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• That's the thing. In the summer, I don't eat anywhere near as much as the rest of the year. I'm just not hungry enough. I usually only eat dinner or (maybe once a week) light dinner, light lunch most days in the summer. I need to start up with that second meal again. Whenever I put it. I swear my stomach shrinks to nearly nothing in the summer.
      I may go back to a BAS for lunch like I did last summer. Just a smaller BAS.
      Redneck sons of bitches are something I'm just gonna have to adjust to out here.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Will do, Autumn. Matter of fact, PBers will get a discount for understanding it's truly intended use.
        Awesome -- thanks, naiadknight. Hope you're doing OK, and the ritual meditation helps ease your mind and heart.

Comment

That's the thing. In the summer, I don't eat anywhere near as much as the rest of the year. I'm just not hungry enough. I usually only eat dinner or (maybe once a week) light dinner, light lunch most days in the summer. I need to start up with that second meal again. Whenever I put it. I swear my stomach shrinks to nearly nothing in the summer.
          I may go back to a BAS for lunch like I did last summer. Just a smaller BAS.
          Redneck sons of bitches are something I'm just gonna have to adjust to out here.
          aye, i get ya, i am the same way in the summer. outside more + heat = wanting to eat less.

you need backup? i got backup
          sigpic

Comment

• Much as I'd love to go whaling on rednecks with you, kuno, Autumn, SunGrazer, Beefy, Darth, and Meaty, batty, I can't afford to fly y'all all out here. One of these days though, we're gonna hafta get this massive group together. And then proceed to beat on morons and rednecks.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• that would be one hell of a party.

and hey, i got a bike see you in a week. haha.
              sigpic

Comment

• Yesterday's lunch was 20% right? Right. (pizza buffet.)
                Dinner was left over curry burger and veggies.
                You must go see Inception if you have the funds for it. Acquire a way to view it if you don't. SEE THIS MOVIE. It's one hell of a mind fuck movie.
                Feeling much better. It's good to have insiders in the field. One guy has all but promised me a job. He stepped down from the company president's job in order to retire at the end of the year and has said he will heavily persuade the new president he appointed to hire me if I were to put in a personal appearance. Something about reviewing and making sure his submitted drainage plans got approved over the past year and a half.
                Last edited by naiadknight; 07-29-2010, 06:02 AM.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Aaaaand now my boss knows about my layoff... Time to sit back and watch the circus.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

Yesterday's lunch was 20% right? Right. (pizza buffet.)
                    Dinner was left over curry burger and veggies.
                    You must go see Inception if you have the funds for it. Acquire a way to view it if you don't. SEE THIS MOVIE. It's one hell of a mind fuck movie.
                    Feeling much better. It's good to have insiders in the field. One guy has all but promised me a job. He stepped down from the company president's job in order to retire at the end of the year and has said he will heavily persuade the new president he appointed to hire me if I were to put in a personal appearance. Something about reviewing and making sure his submitted drainage plans got approved over the past year and a half.
                    Heard Inception is fantastic -- maybe on the list this weekend.

Good luck on the lead! Sounds promising....

Comment

• Ooh, Naiad.
                      That does INDEED sound promising.
                      YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

Comment

• So, I accidentally had the interview today. Went in to drop off my resume in my work clothes and got told "Mr X is available and wants to go ahead and see you." Ulp.
                        Upshot: They want me. They want me bad. I figured this out when they started talking salary and trying to figure out what they'd have me doing. The only thing blocking them from handing me the job right then and there was to see if they could afford to hire on another engineer with the workload they have. I think I have a new job, folks. With better benefits and possibly better pay. Keep everything crossed for me, folks.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• That's great news.

Comment

• Fingers, toes, and everything humanly possible are now crossed, Naiad!!!
                            YAY, and hugs...

Comment

• Soooo... before and during PB photos

Before: My wedding, October 2009
                              IMG_0784..jpg
                              Now:
                              IMG00081..jpg
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• #1 - YAY - very exciting, positive news on the job prospect! Bonus that it looks better than what you've currently got.

#2 - You're looking really good! How I envy all you women with a well-defined waist. (And, your wedding dress is lovely, BTW.)

Comment

Working...
                                X