No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit, I found my substitute for hash browns.
    "Hashbrowns"

1 large turnip
    1 dishcloth
    1/4 c grated cheese
    1/4 peppers (optional, but tasty)
    Grate turnip and peppers. Place into dishcloth and wring water out of turnip and peppers. Add cheese, toss to combine. Cook like a hashbrown or scramble like an egg.

Lunch: 4 slices bacon, 2 fried eggs, the above hashbrown goodness.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      Holy shit, I found my substitute for hash browns.
      "Hashbrowns"

1 large turnip
      1 dishcloth
      1/4 c grated cheese
      1/4 peppers (optional, but tasty)
      Grate turnip and peppers. Place into dishcloth and wring water out of turnip and peppers. Add cheese, toss to combine. Cook like a hashbrown or scramble like an egg.

Lunch: 4 slices bacon, 2 fried eggs, the above hashbrown goodness.
      Now I needs to find me a turnip truck!
      Georgette

Comment

• So what's the upshot of using turnips vs. taters? Lower carb, I guess?
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
          So what's the upshot of using turnips vs. taters? Lower carb, I guess?
          From what I have read Jenny, that would be correct.
          Georgette

Comment

• Lower carb, peppery flavor, not as inflammatory as potatos, more nutritious.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well dammit, now I want to find me a turnip.
              Georgette

Comment

• Ren faire photos:
                IMAG0277..jpg

IMAG0282..jpg

Ignore that belly, that's wheat and rice bloat, combined with a bad stance.
                IMAG0281..jpg
                That's Geek. I made everything in his costume except the pouch.

Dinner: bacon turtle burger, sauteed veggies (water chestnuts, broccoli, onion, shroom, cabbage), jalapeno venison sausage
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Excellent costumes!
                  "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                  "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse
                  "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                  "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Very cool costumes!
                    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                    Currant: 136 lbs
                    Goal: 125 lbs
                    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• That costume doesn't leave much to the imagination. Thank god, too. I have a terrible imagination.
                      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Given that it was pure hope that kept me from popping out of the top (I think I may have flashed a few people accidentally while adjusting myself, but no one said anything), I'll agree with that, Patrick.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Great costumes!
                          “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                            That costume doesn't leave much to the imagination. Thank god, too. I have a terrible imagination.
                            LMAO. Great costumes Naiad!

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              Given that it was pure hope that kept me from popping out of the top (I think I may have flashed a few people accidentally while adjusting myself, but no one said anything), I'll agree with that, Patrick.
                              Wow. I tend not to wear anything that relies on hope to keep me covered...
                              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                                Wow. I tend not to wear anything that relies on hope to keep me covered...
                                I didn't realize the cups were quite so small when I bought the bra. I was going solely by amount of coverage of cups and it seemed right.... (Note to self: 36C/ 36D next time.)
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X