Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
    Maybe I need to go to a ren faire. Never been to one before.
    I can summarize for you: CLEAVAGE. Boobs sloshing around everywhere, I tell you! Her cup runneth over!

Oh and also there's some people in pretty neat costumes, and the shopping is divine. Just walk into a leather shop and inhale, it's great. So much creative jewelry and etc etc etc.

There's also plenty of really talented performers doing shows, but I dunno, that's never really been my thing.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
      I can summarize for you: CLEAVAGE. Boobs sloshing around everywhere, I tell you! Her cup runneth over!

Oh and also there's some people in pretty neat costumes, and the shopping is divine. Just walk into a leather shop and inhale, it's great. So much creative jewelry and etc etc etc.

There's also plenty of really talented performers doing shows, but I dunno, that's never really been my thing.
      Sounds like a GREAT place! :-D
      "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
      Currant: 136 lbs
      Goal: 125 lbs
      11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

Sounds like a good flea market minus tattoos.
        Georgette

Comment

• P.S.: This will sound strange but the smells are one of the reasons I like renfaires. I don't have a good sense of smell due to bleach injury, and so when I CAN smell something like the leather shop, the candle shop, meat roasting, etc... I really have an extra appreciation for that. The normal-scent-ability people who go with me seem to like them too so I wouldn't assume it's an overpowering smell to any ordinary person.

As for the sloshing, well, the gals (myself included!) wear a lot of corsets which tends to push your boobs upward, so there's a lot of shimmying, rippling boobishness to be seen.

The main difference between the other chicks and me is that they tend to put a rose in their cleavage, whereas that's where I put my jeweled hairpick-dagger.
          Last edited by Jenny; 04-22-2011, 02:36 PM.
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• So even the people who go to see the sights dress in costume? Wow. Haven't done anything like that since my theater days.
            Georgette

Comment

• Not most people, but quite a few do. I mean, they have their employees who are in costume and often in character, but lots of other people make their own costumes (some more true-to-period than others... at our local faire we get the Doublemint Fairies for example) in a vaguely fantasy/renaissancey/gypsy/whatnot theme.

Last time we went I had a rather badass steampunk mechanic costume with a brass wrench. Naiadknight, you might approve:

Totally off-theme but we just told people we were time travelers who strayed off course...

Whipped this up for Buglet, too:

Last edited by Jenny; 04-22-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Hahaha! Time-travelers who strayed off course -- that's great! Cool costumes, both you and your girl!
                August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Kind of reminds me of what was worn in Waterworld sans water. Buglet looks adorable.
                  Georgette

Comment

As for the sloshing, well, the gals (myself included!) wear a lot of corsets which tends to push your boobs upward, so there's a lot of shimmying, rippling boobishness to be seen.

I KNEW there was a reason I liked you. :P You have a definite way with words.

Comment

• Jenny: love the costumes! Fecking awesome.Re: cleaverage:This the most revealing outfit I'll have EVER worn, outside the bedroom. A top that's essentially a bra (that is only legal because I'll duct tape it to myslef so I don't fall out), a pair of pants that can be arranged to be slit ALL the way up (wrap pants), vffs (because we aren't allowed to be barefoot), 2 armloads of bangles (collected back in HS and never thrown out), giant hoop earrings, an anatomically correct heart necklace, and an anklet.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• In the immortal words of the internet, pics or it didn't happen.

And thanks everybody, esp. niaid for tolerating me photo-izing her journal!

Comment

• Hey, someone's gotta put stuff other than text in here, and I'm pretty bad about it. I was up until 3 in the morning making/ editing costumes (mostly that damn coin trim. Sewing 8 yards of that by hand was irritating.) They're done, though, and photos will appear by monday.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Jenny, that RULES!
                            My Primal Journal

Comment

• Whee, hazwhopr 40hr. Lemme tell ya just how excited I am.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks Ellie. And... hazwhopr 40hr? Does not compute! And ya gotta post those pics, I wanna see.

Comment

Working...
                                X