No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and he said the kids can just share eggs unless you have something specific in mind for your niece. He's going to label them in a bit, so he'd need a name.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
      Oh, and he said the kids can just share eggs unless you have something specific in mind for your niece. He's going to label them in a bit, so he'd need a name.
      Y'all label eggs? As in, I can only hunt the ones with my name? Wow, that would eliminate the challenge of beating out your siblings for eggs. I have fond memories of body checking my brother into a tree to snag an egg And little sisters can be sneaky as f*ck, just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        Y'all label eggs? As in, I can only hunt the ones with my name? Wow, that would eliminate the challenge of beating out your siblings for eggs. I have fond memories of body checking my brother into a tree to snag an egg And little sisters can be sneaky as f*ck, just sayin'.
        The older one actually suggested it so it would be fair (and so we don't make him go hunt the hard ones and leave all the easy ones for the littler one).
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• No Easter egg hunt this year. We could have a mud wrestling event though
          Georgette

Comment

• As to body checking kids, Niece has probably a good 3-4" on older kid, and Niece is pure muscle, not an ounce of fat. I don't want to see her accidentally hurt either kiddo by roughhousing with them a little too hard.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              As to body checking kids, Niece has probably a good 3-4" on older kid, and Niece is pure muscle, not an ounce of fat. I don't want to see her accidentally hurt either kiddo by roughhousing with them a little too hard.

Makes sense. But looking back most games my brother and I played centered around knocking the hell out of each other. It was never malicious or in anger, just good honest fun (hmm...seems rather odd looking back on it). It is a surprise we never sustained serious injury.

Comment

Makes sense. But looking back most games my brother and I played centered around knocking the hell out of each other. It was never malicious or in anger, just good honest fun (hmm...seems rather odd looking back on it). It is a surprise we never sustained serious injury.
                My siblngs and I had "official" roughhousing games (that mom and dad knew nothing of), we had the "hey, you wanna see [do] something cool?" roughhousing, and then we had all the time in a 1/3 acre backyard.
                Official roughhousing was called "Rumble Tumble' (gimme a break, I was 9 when I came up with it.) we'd lay out all the blankets and pillows we could find and move the furniture, then I'd lay down, my middle sister'd lay across my back (90*) and my youngest sister'd lay on top of her at 90*. I'd throw them all off and we start trying to tickle, block, or outright incapacitate the others (no actual fists allowed, any other body part was fair game.) 45 minutes and 2 buckets of sweat later, we'd be worn out. We'd clean up the various padding, move the furniture back, check for damage to anything that might tip my parents off, and go on to the next game.
                The other two were just like they sound.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  We'd clean up the various padding, move the furniture back, check for damage to anything that might tip my parents off, and go on to the next game.
                  LOL good times. I feel somewhat bad for kids these days when they have nothing to do but watch TV and play online. No one ever had to tell me to go outside and play. It was getting me back in that was the issue.

Comment

LOL good times. I feel somewhat bad for kids these days when they have nothing to do but watch TV and play online. No one ever had to tell me to go outside and play. It was getting me back in that was the issue.
                    "Get your ass inside or dinner starts without you!"
                    Given that my family waited for each oth like pigs at a trough, you got your ass in and ate or risked not eating dinner.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

My 2 youngest live outside and hate it when they can't go out to play.
                      Georgette

Comment

nothing to do but watch TV and play online.
                        To quote my niece, "I watch TV. It's what I do."
                        *sigh*
                        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          My 2 youngest live outside and hate it when they can't go out to play.
                          smart kids. I got my nephew a football for christmas and he called to ask me what it was. Of course he was raised by a tv set.

Comment

• Damn, lost my post. To sum up, we don't watch TV on weekdays. Since the "weekday" concept is fuzzy for my two-year-old, we tell her that if it's a school day, we don't watch TV. But we pitch it positively instead of saying no:
                            Buglet: "Watch Elmo now."
                            Us: "Oh, actually honey, this is a school day, that means we're going to go play in the playroom/outside instead."
                            Buglet: "Yay, playing!"

On the weekends we do allow it as a sort of relaxing filler or to keep her inside our field of view while we work in the kitchen. But even then our goal is to always have some kind of non-TV activities for the day.

I do let her play with my iPad, but that's something she always sits with me to do, and it's far more interactive than a TV. More like reading a book together -- most of the apps I bought for her are things where she can identify objects for me as she works her way through, like she does in a book. Anyway, she gets bored with that after a few minutes, so that's fine by me.
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• My brain apparently thinks it's Fuck Off Friday. True, this is my last workday of the week, but I'm really pushing to meet a deadline and it's crapping out on me.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I hear ya over here. The spirit is willing, but the flesh demands a weekend.

(Of course, I have a slog of a project to do this weekend, so I dunno why the flesh thinks it's going to be getting off that easily ... )
                                My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X