Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    You don't shoot a snake, too easy to miss if it dodges. You take a spade or a hoe or a forked stick and machete to a snake. Only if you don't have one of those do you take aim at it with your gun.
    If I had one, I would. Otherwise, it's getting shot. I need to invest in a decent machete...

I have friends who carry guns in the oilfield just for snakes. Then again, they're scared to death of ANY snake...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I was 7. I found a cotton mouth on my gramma's property. Rather than doing the smart thing and running the half mile back to an adult, I take a forked stick and plant it around the cottonmouth, literally half burying it's neck, then run for a grownup. When we get back, the thing had suffocated. Dad went ahead and chopped and buried the head, but that cottonmouth scared the living tar out of me.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
        If I had one, I would. Otherwise, it's getting shot. I need to invest in a decent machete...

I have friends who carry guns in the oilfield just for snakes. Then again, they're scared to death of ANY snake...
        Academy has a 2 foot black matte machete with a dual sided blade (one side serrated, one side straight), saber style for less than $20 on sale. That's the one I'm buying to put in my trunk/ backseat. Looks like good steel and seems like it'd hold a decent hone.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well, I feel like a definite pussy. The snake I chopped with the mower was a gartner.
          Georgette

Comment

• I was 7. Cottonmouths are common up near the Red River where she was living, so I'd seen them killed several times. The only reason I used the stick was an unreasonable fear that it'd follow me (I knew if I left it alone it would ignore me, but fear plants strange ideas.)
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I was 14. Snakes use to always freak me out but not so badly now.
              Georgette

Comment

Academy has a 2 foot black matte machete with a dual sided blade (one side serrated, one side straight), saber style for less than $20 on sale. That's the one I'm buying to put in my trunk/ backseat. Looks like good steel and seems like it'd hold a decent hone.
                We were just in there (in Midland) last night. Must be the one they're sold out of. Might have to check your store. Haven't been in there yet, anyways. Need to go explore!
                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                  Glock's are nice and yes, .22's are for pussy's. I'm looking at .38 or .40 for myself.
                  There is a theory that in the coming Zombie Apocalypse a .22 would be preferable as it would bounce around in the skull thus destroying more of the afflcited zombie brain. Just tossing that out there for what it is worth...not a whole lot I suppose

@ MCW - I am American and have neither a gun nor a dog or a dog with a gun for that matter. Hmm...there must be something wrong with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    There is a theory that in the coming Zombie Apocalypse a .22 would be preferable as it would bounce around in the skull thus destroying more of the afflcited zombie brain. Just tossing that out there for what it is worth...not a whole lot I suppose

@ MCW - I am American and have neither a gun nor a dog or a dog with a gun for that matter. Hmm...there must be something wrong with me.
                    We have a .22 rifle. My parents have a .22 handgun, but until the zombies show up, I'd rather have something with more OOMPH.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

I say just blow the damn head off and you're good to go lol. At that point, I would be using the shit out of hand santizer pouring it onto the dead zombies before burning them.

@MCW-I am an American with no guns and I do have a gun cabinet in the living room. I also have 2 dogs and they don't have guns either. I do know that we will be getting guns in the near future so I'm not too worried.
                      Georgette

Comment

I'm using buckshot for the Zombpocalypse. Buckshot and the machete crossbow.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

I'm using buckshot for the Zombpocalypse. Buckshot and the machete crossbow.
                          Good plan. I figure I'll be eaten alive and then get my newly zombified head whacked off by someone with a machete crossbow. >.>

Comment

Good plan. I figure I'll be eaten alive and then get my newly zombified head whacked off by someone with a machete crossbow. >.>
                            I think if the Zombapocalypse does occur, I'm making suicide a viable option for me. I don't want to get bitten.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              I think if the Zombapocalypse does occur, I'm making suicide a viable option for me. I don't want to get bitten.
                              Well, as long as I get to shoot Billy Murry before getting bitten it might all work out.

Comment

Well, as long as I get to shoot Billy Murry before getting bitten it might all work out.
                                Murray should be wearing his zombie make-up though. Hell, I can do theatrical make-up and did make up quite a few zombies last yr....
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X