No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm...definitely going good. It's the 8th and we have 30% of project due by the 30th. For me, that entails spiffing up something I did for myself while researching the project, running some quick numbers, and making minor edits to an existing drawing. As in, something I could easily do in 3 days. I'm out of the office all that last week and I'll still likely come in aheaad of schedule with my stuff.
    I can live with this.
    By the way, my company will be TV (cable channel) tonight for a project we're doing in NYC. I'll be interested to see how good our media people are.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: ribs, German sausage (not brats), and green beans.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch (at a fair type thing): chocolate covered cheesescake on a stick
        Dinner: burger salad, same restaurant
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• My group of Guys appears to have acquired a new member. The Brother fit right in, right down to trading insults with Guy With Allergies, talking tech w/ Geek, and WTFing IT Guy/ trying to figure out what IT Guy is smoking (he's not, IT Guy just lives on Plaent IT Guy).
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sounds like a fun group. Almost like our group except most of the guys are gearheads.
            Georgette

Comment

• BTW: We went to the range Saturday. Aside from earning myself a nasty sunburn (I'm the idiot that forgot to put on sunblock for that and the fair thingy, and now my upper back hurts even if I'm just rubbing aloe on it) I got to shoot a gun for the 1st time. Discovered that I think the .22 is a pussy gun, I like the .40 (the Glock set up is nice), and the .45 is ok, just not quite my preference. I actually got fairly close to the bullseye a few times, too, mostly with the .40. So, it looks like I'm getting a .40.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• The .22 is a pussy gun. I have a .380, BS has a 9mm. Both of ours are Rugers.
                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Mine'll likely be a Glock, a Sig, or a Ruger. It'll depnd on which I'm most comfortable with at the store.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Glock's are nice and yes, .22's are for pussy's. I'm looking at .38 or .40 for myself.
                    Georgette

Comment

• y'all must be american.. where everyone and their dog has a gun .. tee hee
                      "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                      Currant: 136 lbs
                      Goal: 125 lbs
                      11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Honey, I live in TX. You can't even stomp on an ant without wondering if his friends are packing.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          Honey, I live in TX. You can't even stomp on an ant without wondering if his friends are packing.
                          Love that!

My pregnant niece works for a gun store and I can get 30% off when I'm ready to purchase. I also have a friend that teaches the CCW class here in Ohio so when I'm ready for that he's going to do that as well. I'm also wanting to teach my girls how to shoot. They need to learn to not fear a weapon, but fear the person and or the intent behind the use of the weapon and make that a healthy fear.
                          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
                            y'all must be american.. where everyone and their dog has a gun .. tee hee
                            Both of us are in Texas. West Texas, to be precise. If you don't have a gun for the people, you ought to have one for the snakes...especially if you work out in the field or on a ranch at all.
                            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                              Both of us are in Texas. West Texas, to be precise. If you don't have a gun for the people, you ought to have one for the snakes...especially if you work out in the field or on a ranch at all.
                              You don't shoot a snake, too easy to miss if it dodges. You take a spade or a hoe or a forked stick and machete to a snake. Only if you don't have one of those do you take aim at it with your gun.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I've killed a snake with a mower before and that skeered the living sheit right now out me.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X