No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAMN! I've never had a physical. Holy shit woman!
    Georgette

Comment

• Reflex testing, flashlight checks, balance test, and basic metrics later (mild fever [for me], higher blood pressure than usual due to time of day and stress level (100/ 62), pulse was a little lower than previous time at the doc's (65)); and the physical was done and I was pronounced "normal."
      Bought the thyroid pills.
      Went home to Geek for lunch, he wanted chik-fil-a (he NEVER wants chik-fil-a and got quizzed abt being sick.) Chickenfruit salad, 1/3 small bag fries. I consider the fries to be a HUGE success. Those were the only ones I'd eat pre-primal. I got 3 fries in and decided they were nasty.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        Reflex testing, flashlight checks, balance test, and basic metrics later (mild fever [for me], higher blood pressure than usual due to time of day and stress level (100/ 62), pulse was a little lower than previous time at the doc's (65)); and the physical was done and I was pronounced "normal."
        *poke*

*prod*
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• In this case, normal is good. I'm glad we don't have chik-fil-a close to where we live. I really like the waffle fries.
          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
            *poke*

*prod*
            Por quois?
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

Por quois?
              Just in case you haven't already had enough today.
              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• My brain says "No."
                I take that back. I left it at the house when I went home for lunch. I'm trying to bone up on this project they're putting me on and I've read the same powerpoint bullet 4 times now. These are acronyms I know well, and the process makes sense, but mental processing power has apparently been diverted elsewhere because I can't for the life of me combine those into the same cognizant idea.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Any desire to go to Trade Days with us? We're probably not going to make it to the range by noon (Bryan sided with Mom on going to Trade Days), and if you haven't been to Trade Days, you should!

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Maybe next time. I've GOT to get to the range and my weekend is filling up fast.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Slept like a rock last night. Passed out on the sofa at 9, moved to the bedroom at 3AM, woke up at 630AM. Dinner wasn't primal, but I didn't care. I was so dead tired, I didn't eat much of it.
                      Been moving and grooving today. Project assignment, finding out where the lab and outsource lab are, project kickoff meeting, research on old projects on the same site and terminology/ processes. Really getting the idea that H&H enviro rememdiation is going to be my path. This is just plain fun.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Glad to see one of us is happy on the job for once!
                        Georgette

Comment

This is just plain fun.
                          Aweseome sauce.

Comment

• "just plain fun" -- yeah, you need some of that! Great!
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Lunch: Beef Green Curry, Ice tea with a coworker. She's pretty damn awesome. One of our enviro scientists, tomboyish and all. (Henceforth known as Envirochick.)
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Envirochick sounds like a quasi superhero name. Pretty cool though.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X