No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not leaving until likely tomorrow afternoon and taking the laptop with me. I'll likely be around.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Nice.
      Georgette

Comment

• Huh, I somehow missed a page of the thread. Some outdated replies:

Originally posted by geostump View Post
        They tried to get me for the pill once. I was like nope.
        WTF. What were they even testing for that would bring up a positive due to the pill?

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        Yeah, I half expected "You can't quit, you're fired."
        I expected that at one of my old jobs. So I sort of scooped them by giving the VP a month's notice, but in the letter I said "I'm giving a month's notice since I feel sorry for my boss, who I am sure will be stuck doing my job once I leave and we'll need training time. Of course if you'd like me to leave sooner I'd be delighted to get out of here."

The boss was a nice lady, she moved down from Mass. and bought a house and THEN they told her, "Yeah, you know that job we claimed you were going to do? We fired all your employees except Jen, so you'll be doing all THEIR jobs instead. Enjoy." It was a lovely place to work.
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Lovely. They'll be doing the hair sample test, too, so I've gotta take the hydrocodone from breaking my foot with me as well as all my other meds.
          Gonna pack up the laptop backpack here soon and start meandering my way towards Dallas. I'll try to check in on my phone before I leave midland and when I get to my folks place, but no guarantees.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            Lovely. They'll be doing the hair sample test, too, so I've gotta take the hydrocodone from breaking my foot with me as well as all my other meds.
            Gonna pack up the laptop backpack here soon and start meandering my way towards Dallas. I'll try to check in on my phone before I leave midland and when I get to my folks place, but no guarantees.
            That's the first time I have ever heard of an employer doingthe hair follicle test. WOW!

Be safe and we'll catch ya on the flipside!
            Georgette

Comment

• Have fun in Dallas. Leave before your family drives you too much crazier. ;-)
              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• In Dallas, safely at my folks place. Dinner was pizza and a GREAT salad. The pizza had the thinnest crust I'd ever seen, almost like a thin tortilla, and had mozz, parm, local salami, olives, and tomatoes, as well as sauce. The salad was endive, artichoke hearts, basil, olives, local pork belly, local bacon, and a great little vinaigrette. That with a milk stout. It was freaking divine, and not just because it was with Dad.
                Drive was boring, same shit as always, including the requisite ijits who can't drive. At a couple handfuls of in shell pistachios, a couple pieces of jerky, a Fourbucks Doubleshot (lemme alone, I needed caffeine and sugar for that drive), and A ferrero rocher.
                Had an only in Dallas moment: I was in a ritzier, trustfund baby part of town and, outside of one of the townhomes, was parked the Oscar Meyer Weenie mobile. I shit you not.
                They didn't do the follicle test, just the whiz quiz. They were def more meticulous about chain of custody than most places I've seen, which is good.
                Mom's at work still (2nd shift,) so I'll see her around midnight.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Mornin' Naiad! Isn't this blissful weather? Yumm. I was in shorts this morning to do the walk and it was just cold enough. Now if I can just skim off all that crappy Hackberry tree fluff outta da pool.....life cud be good.

Best, Chas
                  They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

Comment

• Made a killing at the thrift and consignment shops today. Spent abt $75 and got enough work clothes to replace what I outshrank and gave away prior to fucking andrews. All told: 1 dress, 4 pairs of pants, 5 shirts, all decent work labels (Ann Taylor, White House Black Market, Express, etc.)
                    Went to norma's for breakfast. Got the Big eater special: ribeye, 3 eggs, and a cinnamon roll, minus the potatos. Yes I ate the majority of the cinnamon roll, but their cinnamon rolls are oh so worth any effects. polished off everything else too.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

Made a killing at the thrift and consignment shops today.
                      I am definitely looking forward to having a similar experience as soon as I feel able to ditch my XL+ clothes and get into a L. I imagine it'll be a heckuva lot easier to find clothes that look good, more options if nothing else. Plus there'll be fewer bulges to work around, heheh.
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                        I am definitely looking forward to having a similar experience as soon as I feel able to ditch my XL+ clothes and get into a L. I imagine it'll be a heckuva lot easier to find clothes that look good, more options if nothing else. Plus there'll be fewer bulges to work around, heheh.
                        I dunno, these stores seemed to have a decent selection up to XL for chicks. If you got above that, it got a bit nonexistent.
                        Correction: 3 shirts, 1 blazer, 1 dress, 4 pairs pants.
                        Dinner last night was oh so delicious and not primal in the least. I hadn't eaten since breakfast and we were at a bar (thanks, Dad.) The salad would not have been large enough.
                        Dad had to fix part of Paca's fence, and after they set the posts and we managed to escape, it was 2220. Only bars were open.
                        No clue what I'm doing with Mom today.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

Made a killing at the thrift and consignment shops today. Spent abt $75 and got enough work clothes to replace what I outshrank and gave away prior to fucking andrews. All told: 1 dress, 4 pairs of pants, 5 shirts, all decent work labels (Ann Taylor, White House Black Market, Express, etc.)
                          Went to norma's for breakfast. Got the Big eater special: ribeye, 3 eggs, and a cinnamon roll, minus the potatos. Yes I ate the majority of the cinnamon roll, but their cinnamon rolls are oh so worth any effects. polished off everything else too.
                          Thrift stores and consignment shops are pretty much the only places I buy clothes from now - the quality is so much better than any crap I could get at target. Check out goodwill stores if you ever have a chance - I always find good stuff there, and every other saturday they have a 50% off sale on everything.

Comment

• Oh, shopping. It used to be fun. Now even to feel good you go out to stores surrounded by stick figured girls and just end up feeling bad about yourself.
                            "Gee, maybe I can come back when I'm 90lbs"

But it's satisfying to find your old clothes are big!
                            "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Sounds like its been a good visit thus far.

I went to Penney's Thursday with my oldest and bought a size L sweater for the funeral that was originally $40 and got it for $14. Figure it should get me through the schizophrenic part of spring as its fairly lightweight, then I may see if a tailor can take it in for me. It's really nice. I do a lot of shopping at thrift and consignment shops myself. We've got some good places in Columbus for that.
                              Georgette

Comment

I dunno, these stores seemed to have a decent selection up to XL for chicks.
                                Yeah, I can usually find XL for very casual clothes, but I'm usually shopping for work which is "business casual." What I can usually find at used clothing stores would be various full skirts. Other than that I tend to shell out to buy Chico's traveler style pants new (though occasionalyl I find those at the thrift store too.)

Glad the funeral went as well as can be expected. I know what you mean about crying because you see others crying and you feel for them...

Comment

Working...
                                X