Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo! Vacation!

BTW, if your dad was drunk a quarter of the time, he was not dealing just fine with his ADD. THAT was how he was dealing with it.

As for what's in the meds....yours has one of the 4 amphetamine salts used to make Adderall.

As for the sudden focus...yeah, I'm scary when I'm on proper meds, but I've been refusing to go back on them.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• VEG! I don't think I'm the only one who needs it...and you've been bitching about it long enough.
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• At least you are now able to say that this part of your life has ended. You can take some time, veg and relax for a bit. You need that.

I fake it almost every damn day. Part of me still cringes when my husband(or anyone else) says I'm beautiful or sexy. I find it useful for me being friends with younger women. Most of these women are my oldest niece's friends and they are in their realy 20's. They're sort of helping me find my groove as funny as it seems. One of them especially has kind of taken me under her wing and told me last night, "We gotta get your confidence back." She said I'm doing better than before but it still needs some fine tuning. I'm figuring when I'm 50 it'll all fall into place lol.
        Georgette

Comment

• No, that was him dealing with my mother. He didn't drink if she was behaving herself.
          Yeah, mine's essentially a time released Adderall.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
            At least you are now able to say that this part of your life has ended. You can take some time, veg and relax for a bit. You need that.

I fake it almost every damn day. Part of me still cringes when my husband(or anyone else) says I'm beautiful or sexy. I find it useful for me being friends with younger women. Most of these women are my oldest niece's friends and they are in their realy 20's. They're sort of helping me find my groove as funny as it seems. One of them especially has kind of taken me under her wing and told me last night, "We gotta get your confidence back." She said I'm doing better than before but it still needs some fine tuning. I'm figuring when I'm 50 it'll all fall into place lol.
            Eh, if nothing else, I may be halfway across the continent, but I'm trying to help.
            That reminds me, i need to write today's and Sunday's TBMs.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              WnC,
              I know, everyone is doing that. I just wish she could've had a better role model. My ego feels that she picked a good one, even if I have flubbed up, but I am concerned about her "inheriting" that perfectionist streak I have, the one where I wig myself out if something doesn't go according to plan, or any number of flaws. It's kinda like being her mom, y'know? You want to do everything just right for her and kick yourself when she heads down the wrong path because she misconstrued something you said/ did. Granted, I acted as her mom for most of her life, but that's beside the point.
              As a "mom", yeah I understand that.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              I'm flattered, and it's one hell of an ego stroke, but I don't like the idea that she could pick up some of my foibles/ faltering areas by setting me as a role model.
              Yes it would be
              No one's perfect, and maybe she'll just pick up the "good" parts

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              Nothing I can do abut it, though, except accept the role and try my best to fill the shoes of the person she painted me as.
              Just live your life for yourself. Be yourself.
              You can give yourself high goals. But make sure they are YOUR goals.
              Don't try to be the person that you imagine she thinks you are.
              Nothing positive for yourself will come of that.
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm glad that your employers are being mature about your departure!
                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Naiad... I was just wondering which one it was, which you answered. I'm trying to get knowledgeable for both hubs and stepdaughter, not that we will go to meds at all, but I wanted to know enough about them to see the possibility so we could make an informed decision. Don't want to say no to them just because either. I'm doing my psychopharmacology research paper on ADD treatment/medications as well... figured it'd be a good idea to do the paper on something I have to research anyway!

Glad the reaction to the job thing went okay. And glad you're getting some time off between jobs. Vegging sounds mighty good to me!
                  sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Thankfully, she does seem to have only picked up the positive aspects. I've never changed my goals to fit what I thought she wanted, more made some critical decisions based on how I'd want my sister/ kids to do it. It's easier to make the right decision when you project it onto someone you love and realize which path you hope they take. That may not be the most healthy way to do it, but it gets me out of my own head long enough to "see" the right path. I live my life for me, but it's easier to make some decisions when I see it as a decision someone else I love is making. Hard to explain, but it works.
                    I may just drive up to Lubbock or out to San Antonio to go to a better mall one day. If I go to Dallas, I'll go malling one day and spend some time with my folks. I haven't seen 'em since Thanksgiving. Or I may just stay home and tackle all the half finished projects around the house and in the lab closet of doom.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
                      Naiad... I was just wondering which one it was, which you answered. I'm trying to get knowledgeable for both hubs and stepdaughter, not that we will go to meds at all, but I wanted to know enough about them to see the possibility so we could make an informed decision. Don't want to say no to them just because either. I'm doing my psychopharmacology research paper on ADD treatment/medications as well... figured it'd be a good idea to do the paper on something I have to research anyway!

Glad the reaction to the job thing went okay. And glad you're getting some time off between jobs. Vegging sounds mighty good to me!
                      Yeah, it's Vyvanse, essentially a time released Adderall. It works well, and seems to work better that my middle sister said Adderall worked.

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                      I'm glad that your employers are being mature about your departure!
                      Yeah, I half expected "You can't quit, you're fired." But, no, they were outright friendly and understanding about it. They didn't argue to try to keep me, but I didn't expect them to. It was just a bad match all around and I think all parties realized it.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

Yeah, I half expected "You can't quit, you're fired." But, no, they were outright friendly and understanding about it. They didn't argue to try to keep me, but I didn't expect them to. It was just a bad match all around and I think all parties realized it.
                        That's what happened to with my husband's ex-employer the week after he turned in his 2 weeks notice and they accepted it. Damn tards. I think in situations like these, its best to let bygones be bygones and part ways as ammicably as possible.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          That's what happened to with my husband's ex-employer the week after he turned in his 2 weeks notice and they accepted it. Damn tards. I think in situations like these, its best to let bygones be bygones and part ways as ammicably as possible.
                          Burn no bridges, no matter how momentarily satsifying it'd be. Something Dad taught me awhile back.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• That's very true. My husband wasn't the one who burnt the bridge, it was all on the ex-employer.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Breakfast: Jack in the box hearty bowl. I ate around the hashbrowns as best I could and scraped off as much of the cheese as I could.
                              Walked 1.5 mi with Guy with Allergies before breakfast.
                              Wearing a pencil skirt that hasn't fit since college today. It's actually loose enough that it sits on my hips and not my natural waist, which is where it originally sat.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

Breakfast: Jack in the box hearty bowl. I ate around the hashbrowns as best I could and scraped off as much of the cheese as I could.
                                Walked 1.5 mi with Guy with Allergies before breakfast.
                                Wearing a pencil skirt that hasn't fit since college today. It's actually loose enough that it sits on my hips and not my natural waist, which is where it originally sat.
                                Yay for clothing that hasn't fit since college!!!!!
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X