Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yes and no. As of the moment, my resume says "health reasons."
    They don't need to know that it's for MENTAL health.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Congratulations! I'm glad you can tell them to kiss your ass. Woot woot.

Comment

• Thanks, all y'all. What I keep finding hilarious is how the current company keeps saying (in all their promo stuff, website, etc) "We want to be the last place our employees work." Well, it's the last place on earth I want to work AT...
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

Thanks, all y'all. What I keep finding hilarious is how the current company keeps saying (in all their promo stuff, website, etc) "We want to be the last place our employees work." Well, it's the last place on earth I want to work AT...
          That's what my husband's ex-employers said about there company. They're pretty much full of it anymore. I'm just glad you got some good news. One of us needed some. Maybe the tide will turn shortly for the rest of us.
          Georgette

Comment

• It will. If I can catch a break, everyone else can.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• We need something. Between my husband and I, we must have a black cloud hanging over us. Hell, I was being the positive one last night trying to cheer him up. Do you know how hard that is for me to do?
              Georgette

Comment

Thanks, all y'all. What I keep finding hilarious is how the current company keeps saying (in all their promo stuff, website, etc) "We want to be the last place our employees work." Well, it's the last place on earth I want to work AT...
                Nowadays everyone seems to like to talk a big game and follow through with nothing. Then they seem surprised when you're upset at the bait and switch.
                sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

"We want to be the last place our employees work."
                  So basically they're trying to kill you? Yeah, that sounds honest to me!
                  "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                    So basically they're trying to kill you? Yeah, that sounds honest to me!
                    That's all employers
                    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                      That's all employers
                      Mine isn't trying to kill me. My boss and his wife would have to put up with each other the entire day at work if I'm not there.
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                        Mine isn't trying to kill me. My boss and his wife would have to put up with each other the entire day at work if I'm not there.
                        That just puts you into the exception category. The rest of us are being slowly strangled.
                        Georgette

Comment

• After a few difficult jobs ending in THE JOB FROM HELL... my mom gave me some advice. Find a big company and a small non-key job within it so that you can do your job well but you're too small to attract undue attention.

This has worked well for me. Mind you, my job can be extremely rote and boring. But it's flexible, the world doesn't end if I take a day or two off, nobody yells at me I can work some overtime if I want, but am not required, they appreciate the work I do and it doesn't take much brain power, leaving most of it for school which is where I need it.

yeah, it's not a career... but it's working for now. Plus there's the lack of verbal abuse and after two years the PTSD nightmares from the other place are finally gone. Yay!
                          sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• I don't think they were trying to kill me, I think they're stupid.
                            Got a call from them this afternoon. Offering me abt what I figured and Fedexing the offer to my house so it'll arrive on Sat. I'm putting in my 2 weeks Friday, leaving current company on the 31st (last work day might be sooner, depnding on if I take the vacation days or vacation pay), and starting at new company on the 4th.
                            Minxxa, this is a small (20ish people) branch of a global corporation. My new boss seems (SEEMS) fairly easygoing, and I'll have peers, as well as be in a decent area. We'll see, but this feels Right. (I've said that before...)
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I hope it all pans out for the best. Right now you need less stress and that's a given.
                              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                                I hope it all pans out for the best. Right now you need less stress and that's a given.
                                ^This

Comment

Working...
                                X