Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See post 235, Kuno.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• That is one bad-ass sprain, my friend.
      I'm so sorry. Normally when people say they "sprained" something, they mean they twisted it, and it hurts. But you meant a SPRAIN sprain.
      (some of us refuse to do things half-way)

Hope you heal up soonest!

Comment

• Chicken salad: chicken nonfatyogurt, celery, green beans, green apple, blueberries, walnuts, pickle, bell pepper. Working through lunch.
        Last edited by naiadknight; 07-15-2010, 06:50 PM.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• {{{{oh naiad}}}}}

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

• Dinner:
            1 lb garlic- ginger sriracha buffalo "wings" (thigh chunks), salad w/ caesar salad, 5-6 small chicaronnes and salsa (the bag was stale, I took the rinds from different parts of the bag in order to make sure), and a hot chocolate fruit salad.
            Hot chocolate fruit salad:
            3/4 green apple, diced
            1/4 c blueberries
            5 small strawberries, diced
            2 tbsp pecans
            1-2 tbsp coconut oil
            2-4 tbsp chocolate of your choice, roughly chopped.

Stir together, nuke for 1.5 min, stir again to distribute melted chocolate.

Ankle's getting better, should be able to walk with a minor limp tomorrow (I heal from sprains quickly.) Ear still hurts, turns out dr doesn't think it's viral (the meds just aren't working b/c the infection is behind the eardrum) and gave me oral antibiotics. I was hoping to avoid those, godsdammit.
            I found out that I'll be designing the widening of a major bridge on one of the major projects of the year (10 mi of an arterial road.) Unfortunately, the original plans in the hard files is 30 years old and has to actually be redrawn into CAD, as opposed to just scanning and literally copying with linework, because the hard copy is old, Mylar, and damaged. Guess who has two thumbs and gets to decipher a mimeograph of hand drawn, field edited plans? This chick. Fucking boring as hell and confusing, because they field edited the rebar by scratching out certain pieces and forgetting to say what it was replaced with. After all the edits, there are 11' sections of concrete and concrete walls with NO rebar. And we have no clue what the rebar in it is. Boss and project lead go on vacation (not together) next week. This oughta be interesting.
            Got a haircut (well, several hairs). Still long, but layered and angled to frame my face. Not all of it'll go back in a ponytail, but that's what bobby pins are for.
            Doing an experiment in envelope budgeting come my next paycheck.
            Goals:
            1) Cut eating out to once or twice a week, 4 times max if including lunch trips.
            2) buy chest freezer to stock up on sale meats.
            3) actually use the 7 gal water jugs for RO water, as opposed to buying walmart water and jugs.
            4) Stop spending on clothing. I'm obviously still shrinking, and it's a waste of money to buy a whole wardrobe for every new size when I can alter waistbands, nip in shirts, wear belts and still technically make things not fall off my body.
            5) STOP GETTING HURT AND SICK. This is ridiculous. I've saved by using the quack shack (free to city employees) and a debit health card the city puts $64 on per month, but it gets pricey.
            6) Stop using my car for company business, sincethey refuse to pay for gas.
            7) cut extraneous spending on books and finish reading all the ones I have, including the shakespeare compendium and chemistry/ genetics/ molecular biology texts.
            8) Use the dirty dozen list.
            9) Use vinegar, ammonia, and baking soda as cleaners.
            10) freeze veggies before they go bad.
            11) finish leftovers.

Personal goals
            1) FINISH A CREATIVE PROJECT: I'm in the middle of making some shirts, a painting, a story, and a few fashion designs, including that coat in the primal clothing thread.
            2) Sort through clothes again and add to the pile for Goodwill (some of my shells are getting loose and I have a lot of trouble altering knits.)
            3) Design/ Make those shelves I threatened a page or so back.
            4) Sleep more.
            5) Stress less.
            6) Figure out my personal micronutrient needs (not actually a goal, because I know these are constantly changing)
            7) Stop procrastinating and ignoring the boring/ nonwater parts of my job.
            8) have more sex ( may compete with get more sleep.)
            9) get the car's fender fixed.
            10) stop putting crap off. Seriously, I need to make lists on my whiteboard wall instead of relying on my seive of a memory.

WTF? I have a zit. Cystic zit on my chin, which usually means stress or TOM. I haven't gotten a TOM zit since going Primal, so I'm thinking it's stress. Stress over getting well and trying to make myself want to draw this sorry bridge.

I'll stop rambling now.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• JeezoMAN. You got a lot of stuff going on, GF!!!

I say, start with the "more sex" part. You may sleep less, but you will definitely sleep better.
              I used to really love my white board at work, and I left all the crossed-off stuff up for awhile, just to make myself feel better. If it's up on the board, you can use the brain-space for other stuff, like thinking about the "more sex"...makes the day go by a lot faster ;-)

YAY on the ankle healing up fast!!!

Comment

• Dang, and I thought I had a busy life at times! Wow. Hang in there!
                Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• I could rant, but it'd be useless. Suffice it to say, I hate stupid people. I didn't say ignorant of their ignorance, I didn't say politely ignorant or curious, I mean the morons who think the laws were invented just to make their life more difficult or who are proud to be a dumbass Grade A moron. I'm looking at you, Mr. My-pants-are-around-my-ankles- "It 'cause I'm black"- prick and Mrs. I'll- put- on- my right turn- signal- for- 2- miles- and- turn- left.
                  Rant over *puts soapbox on shelf*

I know that looks like a lot of stuff on those lists, but a fair amount of it is hobby stuff or ongoing habits to build. None of it is "my life'll end if this doesn't happen" variety.
                  Ankle's completely healed, accidentally ran on it with very little pain. On oral ABX for the ear.

Lunch: salad w/ lettuce, cheddar, monterrey jack, grilled chix breast, salsa, guac and sour cream. beef stew. Caramel fudge sundae.
                  Dinner: Pizza and breadsticks. I shouldn't but I am. I'll probably regret it, but *insert excuse here.* Call it my 20%, especially with the sundae at lunch.
                  I'm tired, I'm in pain, I'm tired of being in pain, and I hate 95% of humankind right now. I'm going to leave the comp before I flame a n00b or someone else who doesn't deserve it (except the assholes who start a thread matching one that was up 3 days ago asking if X bread/ pasta/ grain is safe to eat. They deserve it. But I won't flame them either.)
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Brunch today was another experiment. One that would've worked better if I'd cooked it longer, but tasty nonetheless
                    Berry "pancakes" with strawberry cream reduction
                    1 apple, grated
                    2 eggs, whisked together
                    2 tbsp heavy cream (I think coconut milk'd work too)
                    2 strawberries, chopped
                    10 blueberries
                    1 tbsp nuts
                    2- 3 tbsp coconut flour
                    1 stick butter
                    2-3 strawberries, chopped
                    2 tbsp HWC

Mix together all but last 3 ingredients until you have a thick goop. Fry in butter (yes, it'll take all but 3 tbsp of the stick to cook these) until roughly pancake consistency. (Cook longer than "spots of brown on the outside.") Remove and plate topped with butter dots
                    For the reduction, take 1 tbsp butter and sauteed the other strawberries in it. When the berries have given off juices, smell heavenly, and are pretty soft, add the 2nd batch of cream and imeediately turn off the heat. Stir until thickened and pink, pour over pancakes.
                    Serves 2-3
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• yum!!!

Comment

• Lazed around in my bikini in the sun in the backyard for about half an hour. Got up and puttered around in my garden. Gonna hafta remember to water the quarter round tonight, the pepper plants are looking kinda wilty. Spent a total of 45 min out in the yard in just my bikini. Don't think I burned, but it's too early to tell.
                        Now to try and find a fairly Primal safe restaurant in Midland that doesn't cost an arm and 3 legs.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hung out with Victoria. I'd like to say we got along really well. Went to a local Japanese Steakhouse, wandered around WAlmart and the mall and the outside of my mall and came back to my house, yammering 5 million miles a minute at each other the whole time. I had a blast. I may have found a female friend worth keeping.
                          1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
                          Lunch: Coconut pancakes mentioned earlier
                          Dinner: 1/4 lb shrimp with 1/2 zuke, 1/8 onion, and 5 button mushrooms cooked teppanyaki style; cucumber salad (I never realized that dressing was mostly sugar until now); miso soup
                          Starbucks run: HWC chai latte

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
                          Walked with Victoria for a couple hours

3. Lift heavy things.
                          Nope.

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
                          Didn't happen

5. Get lots of sleep.
                          7h? 8 maybe?

6. Play.

Nothing physical

7. Get some sunlight every day.
                          Got 20 min of sun in bikini at high noon in the backyard + 4k IU sun

8. Avoid trauma.
                          Ear doesn't hurt anymore. YAYYYYYY!!!! AND I managed not to injure myself again. Huzzaaahhh!!!!
                          9. Avoid poisonous things.
                          Had some soy sauce, but other than that I should be ok

10. Use your mind.
                          Plenty, actually.
                          Last edited by naiadknight; 07-17-2010, 10:29 PM.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yes it was a blast! Food was good and so was the company. Haven't talked like that in a long time! Haha!
                            "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• Just spent about 20 min sunbathing nude in the backyard. Now to get dressed and putter about in the garden.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                Just spent about 20 min sunbathing nude in the backyard. Now to get dressed and putter about in the garden.
                                isn't it the best?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Working...
                                X