No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I said, you make your own list. I'm completely fine with kids being on top. Makes sense to me. I just don't want people at the bottom of their own list.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Weather's getting warmer- I'm starting to need lunch again. Gotta start remembering that.
      I wonder if I could create a dairy free oopsie roll? Using... something else, fuck if I know what (almond/ pecan butter, maybe?) in place of the cream cheese.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Droolworthy Male of the Day:
        Boris-Boillon-ma&#105.jpg
        Boris Boillon, French Ambassador. Now to make him not French....
        (I'm a married spud, I'm a married spud, I'm a married spud.)
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ambassador? Ambassadamn. Nice.
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Dinner: Spag sauce over zuke, shroom, brussel sprout, with Italian Oopsie Rolls.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• obviously this gritty reboot thing isn't working, what with the bread and dairy I had last night (oopsie rolls had dairy, then I had a few slices of french bread [although, to be fair, Geek was being lovey dovey with the food last night and I NEVER turn any of that down. Food will not get in the way of what's truly important to me.])
              Ergo, I'm hopping on with Baco30. Yes, it's a whole30 type thing, but I'm giving it a certain spin so I have no reason to go all ED on it.
              BACO30!!!
              Eat real food – meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, some fruit, and good fat from nuts, seeds, coconut, olives/olive oil and avocado. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re fresh and natural.
              1. Do not eat dairy. This includes butter, cheese (hard and soft), yogurt (even Greek) and milk (including cream in your coffee or tea).
              2. Do not eat grains. This includes bread, rice, pasta, cereal, oatmeal, corn and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa and sprouted grains.
              3. Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (soy, black, kidney, etc.), peas, lentils, and peanuts. (No peanut butter, kids.)
              -Exception: sushi (since we eat it fairly rarely), instances of unknown soy oil (restaurant)

4. Do not eat or add sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc.
              -Exception: 90% or higher chocolate

5. Do not eat processed foods. This includes protein shakes, processed bars (like Zone bars), dairy-free creamers, etc.
              -Exception: chocolate, unavoidable restaurant crap

6. Do not drink alcohol, in any form.
              -Exception: St. Patty's Day. Reasoning- not only is it the only day of the year that I actually indulge in Guinness past 1 bottle, but I have2 dr appts that day for 2 things that have me concerned.

7. Do not eat white potatoes.

8. Most importantly… do not try to shove your old, crappy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold. This means no “Paleo-fying” existing less-than-healthy recipes – no “Paleo” pancakes, pizza or Fudge Babies.
              I think that I'll make a few concessions on this one throughout the month, mostly because I DON'T live alone alone or with a Primal guy.

A few concessions, based on our experience, and those of our clients. These are less than optimal foods that we are okay with you including in moderation.
              1. Processed Meat. On occasion, we are okay with organic chicken sausage (these are nitrate, dairy, gluten and casein-free), and high quality bacon, deli meat, and jerky.
              2. Nuts. We do not want you cracking out on nuts and nut butters, people. Sunbutter is acceptable – buy the organic (no sugar added) if possible.
              3. Dried Fruit. In general, careful with the fruit. Use dried fruit and Larabars in serious moderation, and only if it doesn’t send you running for the nearest candy dish.
              4. Non-”Paleo” Vegetables. We’re fine with green beans, sugar snap peas and snow peas. While they’re technically a legume, they’re far more “pod” than “bean”, and we want you to eat your veggies.
              5. Coffee and black tea. We’re okay with coffee (black, or with a little coconut milk) in moderation, and only if it doesn’t interfere with sleep. Usually, that means none after noon. If you really want to go hardcore and reset your body’s sensitivity to caffeine, skip the coffee/tee for the 30 day period as well.
              6. Vinegar. While it’s technically not “Paleo”, we’re fine with using it in small quantities as a salad dressing or in salsa.
              7. Salt. While some “approved” foods like olives or bacon will have some salt in them, go easy when adding salt to your food.
              The major issues I'll have are Geek thinking the marinade/ suace/ whatever needs a little sweetener (I've got him reaching for the honey, though,) and restaurants. As long as I don't INTENTIONALLY go off BACO30, or acknowledge and am ok with going off Baco30 for good reason (hibachi, etc), restaurants shouldn't bug me. I will not let food interfere with what I hold to be important (my marriage, my family, my friends,) but I will let them know what's going on.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm starting my Baco30 on Saturday (so day 31 will be my birthday...). I'm planning on just not eating out during that time. I'm going to cook up the chicken in my freezer this weekend so I can just grab something to eat. I need to figure out my vegetation still.
                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• So why is it Baco30? Bacon but... wouldn't you use bacon under a Whole 30 anyway?
                  "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I don't have that luxury because of Game Nights. Cooking for Guy with Allergies is a real pain in the ass. (Known current allergies: dairy (except for hard cheeses and butter), gluten, legumes, tree nuts, citrus, olives, soy, chocolate, spinach, melon, and a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting.) I would just make Primal fare, except he refuses to eat most veggies.
                    Even aside from Game Nights, I need to plan for how I'm going to deal with restaurants, just in case.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                      So why is it Baco30? Bacon but... wouldn't you use bacon under a Whole 30 anyway?
                      Ask batty. She started it. I think she's going from an older version.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• *Pokes her shoulder* It doesn't hurt anymore. This coincides with the new pills I'm taking. Maybe I was just so damn tight that my muscles literally wouldn't relax? And somehow, the stuff I'm taking for ADD is actually getting me to relax and let stuff go? Huh?
                        wiki, wiki, google...
                        Skullcap is a mild relaxant, but the other 2 help to protect against oxidation and free radicals. Hmmm... I wonder how this plays into other things.That would explain why the bits of bread I've been eating here and there haven't affected me as badly as usual. That or my stress levels finally gone down enough that my body can actually handle itself without interference.
                        *ruminates and goes athinknig*
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                          So why is it Baco30? Bacon but... wouldn't you use bacon under a Whole 30 anyway?
                          I asked the same question and was told that bacon is processed. I wonder if that is true if you get pork belly and cure it yourself or use the nitrate free bacon etc.

Comment

• They can call it processed. I just know I wouldn't survive very long without that or butter.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              They can call it processed. I just know I wouldn't survive very long without that or butter.
                              You and me both, though I would be more worried about those around me. I tend to get pissy when deprived of life's necessities like butter, HWC, and bacon.

Comment

• Shouldn't have the HWC anymore (not whole30, just what it does to my ears) and I'm still irked by that. I'm the creator of whipped heaven, dammit, I should be able to enjoy it.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X