No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess it was still reeling from the Donutocalypse, eh? Hope you can keep it down...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Went shopping with SIL under the pretense of walking. Had to make a pit stop and release the sushi back into the wild. I'm hungry, but keeping stuff down seems not to be an option. I may make some chicken zuke soup later. Crashing on the couch seems to be a better idea right now.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner attempt 2: veggie soup. Didn't realize it had noodles in it until it was too late. Ate the noodles. It didn't matter because that came up on the drive to work. Literally had to pull over on the side of the highway a couple times. Belly's still debating on a 3rd and 4th time.
        ughhhhhh
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Uh oh.

Feel better soon!
          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Unpaid, unacknowledged overtime. Who the hell told them I work because I think it's more fun than Six Flags?
            ETA: I ran the math. Accounting for the expected unpaid overtime, I'm getting paid less on an hourly rate than I was when I was working for the state. at least there and the city, I got "paid" with comp time if I worked over time. Here, I get nothing but a "Why didn't you produce more and quicker?"
            Last edited by naiadknight; 02-23-2011, 07:59 AM.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              Unpaid, unacknowledged overtime. Who the hell told them I work because I think it's more fun than Six Flags?
              ETA: I ran the math. Accounting for the expected unpaid overtime, I'm getting paid less on an hourly rate than I was when I was working for the state. at least there and the city, I got "paid" with comp time if I worked over time. Here, I get nothing but a "Why didn't you produce more and quicker?"
              Is unpaid, unacknowledged overtime legal in Texas? I'm not saying it isn't legal as everywhere seems to differ but companies have been sued over such.

Comment

• If you're salaried, it's hard to prove.
                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Unfortunately, I can't find anything in the law that states they have to compensate me for it, given that I'm salary exempt because I'm a "professional." The unstated "required" overtime (as in, I don't have to put it in, but if I want to impress them enough to keep my job, I'd better), I might be able to get them on, if I wanted to. I'm not sure, though, because my position is one that the company's never really had to have before. I'm not management, but I'm future management and therefore have to put in management hours.
                  What has me scratching my head is that, at one point, they were paying me overtime, when I was still in my 3 month probationary period. Now that I'm past that, it's straight salary.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Bleh, well, that is the suck. I'm also sure as Twibble said it is very hard to prove. Get the hell out of there.

Comment

• That's the idea.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Alright, naiad, what happen to that Gritty Reboot? It doesn't work if you don't actually do it. going for V3.0.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• By the by, for all my TBM readers: I AM accepting suggestions for topics. I reserve the right to toss it out the window, but I'm accepting them. If there's something you need to see one on, leave me a note here. If you're a bit shy about that, PM me or email me: pookelisahalfling AT gmail
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• New TBM is up! Priorities, Priorities
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I’m willing to bet Internet time didn’t even make the list (no, don’t drop this blog, dammit, you know what I mean.)

LAWL. I actually LOL at that

Comment

• RE: priorities, I always tell my husband I want to be his #2 priority (After himself.) And now that we have kids, we both get demoted down a slot.
                                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Working...
                                X