No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I think about how much the job is hurting me, the more I wonder if it really is just time to walk away from engineering for awhile and go to writing. Logically, rationally, and the sane, sensible side of me are going ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS! But there's that little spark of intuition and hope, that butterfly breath of possibility going... maybe... I should follow my own meditation and follow my dreams. I'm thinking I just need to do while gainfully employed, like 'I'm doing now.
    It would be less stress and more enjoyable to do just anything else. I've even caught myself wondering about going back to retail before giving myself a mental bitchslap. I wish the economy around here (which is still tons better than around the rest of the country) was better, but, hell everyone does. If wishes were horses, beggars'd ride. I feel like I've hit a wall with this company. Not so much in terms of promotion, but more that I don't tolerate several things here very well. Fark, I dunno. There are days that I wonder if I even know who the hell I am anymore.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I didn't get the job with my SIL because I'm not an ME. The guy that would've been my boss wanted me, but his boss was deadset against a CE. Fuckin figures. Anything else wanna rain on my parade today? Bueller?
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        I didn't get the job with my SIL because I'm not an ME. The guy that would've been my boss wanted me, but his boss was deadset against a CE. Fuckin figures. Anything else wanna rain on my parade today? Bueller?
        in my own experience, the job you didn't get is a job from hell anyway!! If you're not "right for it" - it sure as hell won't be "right for you"! A "superior" who didn't want you could make life totally nightmarish!

I try to be very Zen about work at the mo - relax, be open and let it come to you (of course, it doesn't seem to be in a terrific hurry - but hey, there are advantages to having some time for myself and looking after my home and husband).

I forecast clearer skies and periodic sunny intervals in the near future

Comment

• Sympathies on the job front...
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• GRITTY REBOOT V1.0
            1) Eat Plenty of Animals and Veggies.
            Lunch: emotional binge eating- an eclair and an apple filled donut
            Dinner: grilled 8 oz sirloin marinated in garlic, chipotle, and beef broth, topped with a sauce made the marinade, butter, and olive oil; grilled veggies (cauliflower, brussel sprouts, red bell, onion, shrooms), and spring mix with caesar dressing.
            2)Move Slowly
            Negative
            3)Lift Heavy Things
            Nope.
            4)Sprint
            Negative
            5) Sleep
            5.5 hrs
            6)Play
            No.
            7)Get Sun
            5K sun in a pill
            8/9) Avoid Trauma and Poison
            Yep
            10)Use Mind
            I did that morning, then it all got shot to hell. The worse my day got, the less I wanted to think. Did some about the garden though.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• /me hands you an umbrella

Chin up. You'll get out of that shitty job before you know it.

Comment

• Thanks, Canio, Enamel, and Jenny. I'm feeling better. Still not happy in my job, still desperate to get out, but no longer in that funk that's halfway between depression and rage.
                Geek got me the cutest stuffed critter for Valentine's Day (we delayed the gift giving until everything arrives, he gave me these two because I had such a foul day.)
                I present to you:
                MINTHULHU!
                41AjG0W0TrL._SL500&#95.jpg
                and a book on office warfare weaponry.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• OMG that may be the coolest gift ever. Any man that gives out Cthulhu gifts is one to keep.

Comment

• He's my Geek. He hasn't fouled up yet. That's just a small example of the gifts gives.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• He's so cute! (Talking about Minthulu, not Geek, don't worry)

Either your work will figure out how to separate their asses from their brains, or you'll find something else soon.
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Mmmmh, sirloin
                        Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                          He's so cute! (Talking about Minthulu, not Geek, don't worry)

Either your work will figure out how to separate their asses from their brains, or you'll find something else soon.
                          One oor the other needs to happen. I hit that wall of "anywhere but here, anything but this" a couple days ago.

Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
                          Mmmmh, sirloin
                          Twas tasty
                          Originally posted by bone_machine
                          Impressive!

Dig the Cthulhu plushie. I wonder if there's a way to make Yog-Sothoth cuddly.
                          If they can cuddlify the The Great Cthulhu, I'm sure the can cuddlify other great old ones.

Came down with food poisoning from the donuts. They tasted nasty enough coming back up that I won't want one for quite a while, even my beloved eclairs.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            Came down with food poisoning from the donuts. They tasted nasty enough coming back up that I won't want one for quite a while, even my beloved eclairs.
                            Ugh, the worst; it's been a very long time since I've had that happen, but it's still enough to bring shudders.

Comment

• Food poisoning from donuts? Wow, that's a new one. I'm so sorry to hear it! Speaking as someone who lost a couple lunches last week due to being sick, I'm especially sympathetic.
                              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Dinner attempt: sushi. Instead of calming my stomach like it normally would, it seems to have pissed it off.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X