No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's sort of a space western. The main cast of characters are smugglers/robbers/etc. yet most of them have hearts of gold. Basically. And the dialogue and acting are both _excellent_.

Firefly is awesome. Rent it. It got screwed over by the network... they played it out of order, changed the timeslot, and canceled it halfway through the season. (Really it was too expensive, probably.)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• GRITTY REBOOT V1.0
      1) Eat Plenty of Animals and Veggies.
      Lunch: rotisserie chicken drumsticks, sald w/ dressing, strawberries, trail mix (almonds, walnuts, pecans, dreied cranberries, blueberries, and raisins)
      Dinner: Garlicked grilled chicken tit, bell peppers, onions, pork rinds, guac
      2)Move Slowly
      Yep
      3)Lift Heavy Things
      Do kids count? No.
      4)Sprint
      Yes, to the car completely barefoot for kid soothers
      5) Sleep
      9.5 hrs. meant to take a nap, my plans changed
      6)Play
      with the kids, call it 2-3 hrs total, mental play 7-8 hrs
      7)Get Sun
      5K sun in a pill AND enough to give me a light sunburn
      8/9) Avoid Trauma and Poison
      Yep
      10)Use Mind
      a blissfully brainfree day
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Bone, thanks. I guess, what, I'm Queen Tough Bitch?
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ugh. Feel like shit and can't blame the food. My body has apparently kicked into lower GI purge mode, I have a headache, and I feel like I have a fever without actually having a fever.
          Ugh.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oohdear, good luck with that!
            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• They're trying to eunuch the high school and school district I graduated from in an effort to save admin positions. Their budget is set to be cut quite severely and my alma mater campus is set to be hit hardest. Rather than cut admin jobs, they're cutting teachers, taking the classes from 1:20 (lowest in the district) to 1:35 or more.
              I seem to be missing the concept where this makes sense. My alma mater campus is the crown jewel of the school district, yet it's being hit hardest. There's even talk that it may be disbanded all together and all students sent back to their home schools.
              I must be missing something here.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Heya - I've perused your journal a few times before, but never commented. Love the stuff on your wordpress! So motivating.

Comment

• Thanks, Enamel. I apparently have gained a cult following
                  Speaking of which, the last 2 TBMs are up: Captain Planet and Wish for the Moon.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: menudo, both a chicken version and a traditional version. Yes, I ate the hominy. No, I don't care. Milkshake from Arby's, a tasty nonprimal treat.
                    Got seeds for my garden, now to research what soil they want and where I'm going to put them in the backyard/ front yard. Still need to get get jasmine/ honeysuckle seedlings and eventually get some seedlings/ other seeds. I need to get these seedling going this week. It's getting to be nearly too late to start indoor seedlings.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I have tomato, zucchini, and cucumber seeds coming in that should be good for container gardening (small bushes, small fruits). I won't use a whole packet, so let me know if you want some.
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Nah. From my FIL's spare seed packs, I got zuke, cuke, several lettuces, several herbs, onions, butternut squash, pumpkin, snow peas, green beans, bells, jalapenos, habaneros, and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Dinner'll be tasty tonight: Sirloin was on sale at HEB, so it'll be 1 lb sirloin each +grilled green bell and onion + sauteed veg or salad. The sirloin will have marinated in a garlic chipotle (with enough honey to cut the acidity) marinade for 18 hrs by the time we cook it.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• As an aside, I'm going to start writing two TBMs a day (in theory one for the book and one for the site.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Work griping, ignore as desired.
                            Would it hurt them to be CLEAR?! I give them exactly what was asked for. I get told it's garbage because of a false assumption I WAS TOLD to make. If you tell me to empty the tanks and see what flow I get in the program, I'm going to do that. I'm not going to farking read your mind that the wells will keep them constantly full even though you want me to ACT like we're trying to empty them. I need the hell out of this job in the worst way. I'm reasonably sure I'm going to get fired within 3 months because of THEIR management fuck ups.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hope you find something new pronto!

Ooh, a TBM book?

Comment

• Yeah, it's in progress. Will likely be combo of new material and blog material. Aiming for a year's worth of dailies.
                                Speaking of which, the new one's up! No Psychics Here
                                Last edited by naiadknight; 02-21-2011, 11:05 AM.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X