No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you, WnC. I was starting to go a bit batty, and not in the weightlifting goddess way either.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      That's an intersting side effect of sugar and/ or wheat. I get cold. As in chilled to the bone, can't get warm without a heating blant, cold. I was blamin it on my thyroid, bur I don't think it is.
      Brrrrrrrrrr..........
      (Geek made homemade cinnamon rolls. I had a couple.)
      I now have a couple VERY valid reasons not to eat grains. yay.

ETA: Farking dust storm. 23*F, wind chill of 5*F, winds over 30 mph with gust upwards of 50mph. grumblesnarlgrump.
      Hot tea helps with that a LOT.

Welcome to winter in West Texas?
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Ugh. Migraine from hell that not even my good drugs are touching. Sinus headache that only went away with the introduction of hydrocodone. Had the shits. Joints still hurt. Cinnamon roll= not my friend. Hell, as of right now, anything not darkened or quiet is not my friend. Who taught the heater to be so damn loud?
        Dinner may turn out to be optional, as food doesn't sound appetizing right now.
        Twibble, when you said "everything was brown," I didn't realzie you meant a dust storm. No window in my hovel of an office, remember? I may break into Geek's tea collection. Mine's at the office. *cue facepalm*
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yes, I was talking about the sky. It is part of everything. I love having a window.

Need to split out the tea stash. Mine is pretty much limited to mint tea and Lipton.
          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Had hamburger patties and a salad with pepperoni and pastrami for dinner. It was supposed to be a shrimp salad, but the delivery place forgot my shrimp. I liberated some hamburger from Geek's 1.5 lb cheeseburger.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I've noticed that I'm reaching for words more often now (anomia). I know what I'm trying to say, I know the word is in my mental lexicon, but it ain't coming up. That's getting worse. Used to be, it'd only happen in conjunction with my stuttering; when I was really excited or anxious to get what I was trying to say out. Now it's happening at least 10 times a day, even when I'm in no rush to say what I was gonna say.
              This is also in conjunction with my eyesight getting worse (I need to get an eye exam soon), my depth perception getting worse (it barely existed anyways), my memory starting to misfire (I'll remember something wrong), and more headaches; as well as a STRONG craving for choline heavy foods. I'm wondering if I may have hit my head in the wreck last year or done something to hurt my temporal lobe and now my brain's trying to fix itself. I would go to the doc about it, but c'mon, really? "Hey doc, my eyes are getting worse and I can't remember things as well anymore and I'm craving choline foods." "It's called aging, get over it." "But I'm not even 26 yet." "So you got it early, congrats. Get lost."
              It actually scares me some, because it is getting worse and it seems to be getting worse more quickly. That's part of what's been bugging me lately, that and the thing on my spine and my shoulder. Like I said, I should go to a doc, but they'd write it off as me getting older or something and it'd be a waste of money.
              I'm scared, though, because strokes and cancers run in my family. Same reason I'm scared of that thing on my spine. fuck, I dunno.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sounds like one of those too-diffuse-to-analyze things. Wish I knew what to tell you! If it gets worse in some measurable way, find a local neurologist with a good rep?
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I wish we were in Austin, I'd know just who to send you to who'd take you seriously!

Bah.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Feck. Double Feck. Triple Feck.
                    Doc wants an MRI. Thinks there's a possibility of MS. Other than that, thinks it might be ADD, might be bipolar... basically, if it's not MS, and I don't show any signs of conking my head in the wreck, it's all in my head. What, me worry? beh
                    I just can't see any of those causing any of this to get WORSE.

Lunch: 4 eggs, 4 slices of bacon
                    Dinner: 1/3 lb beef, pepper jack, hatch chilies, salsa, french fries, and a sticky chewy chocolate sundae. No, it's not PB, but I'm not gonna pass up sticky chewy chocolate at Swensen's.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• *hugs*

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I'm feeling better now, after having a long talk with Geek last night. I'll have the MRI done, just to be safe, but I'm really thinking it's just ADD combined with my brain running faster than itself. As to the corrupted memories, I think it's my brain tripping over itself trying to finish the memory and thus spinning something new when it can't extract the memory quickly enough.
                        I dunno how much sense that makes.
                        It makes sense to me, though, that it's ADD. And every ADD self test online I scored highly on (as in, scoring low means you don't have it.) As well as family history.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I have books on that too!

Even have a diagnosis of "poster-child" for the inattentive type!

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I have a book on it, picked it up over Thanksgiving from Half Price Books.
                            Cassie (my middle sibling, the one with all the legal issues) was/is the poster child for ADHD, hyperactive/ impulsive type. Of the 3, I'm thinking mine's most likely the combined type. I can't be 100% sure though because I've been TRYING (and failing in some cases) to compensate for it for 26 years now. I have no clue what's actually a compensated system and what's "normal" in me in this case. My compensation was so spectacular throughout school that it never crossed my mind i could have it. Now, well.... A lot of the tricks I used on myself in HS are flopping in a place where I can't really use them.
                            I might give you back your cookbook and borrow a few of your ADD books. (I know I don't have to give back the cookbook right yet, but if I don't do it this way, you won't get it back. Trust me.)
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• ADD Info for self help
                              exercise daily
                              green/ outside surrounding daily (playa lake near Y?)
                              regular sleep cycle, including weekends (fucksocks)
                              Forced organization
                              -lists (color coded, etc)
                              -deal with things as they appear (file, handle, handle next, etc)
                              -get rid of pile system and actually organize (fucksocks)
                              -planner and list book
                              Timing/ planning
                              -plan for longer than it takes ( enlarge Murphy time)
                              -Daily organization routine (sort mail, file necessary things)
                              -planner
                              -always keep time visible (can't wear a watch, so this one'll be interesting)
                              -plan to be early (people joke that I'm gonna be late to my own funeral, this one oughta be interesting)
                              Prioritize
                              Goals
                              - list of mini- goals for each major goal (maybe if I ever actually break it down right) (setting wrong mini goals? being too broad? too detailed? hmmmm)
                              -assign a timeline to each mini-goal to ensure it'll get done. Give self mini deadlines to get projects in on time (I've tried this. I need to figure out how to stop myself from being distracted)
                              Manage distractions
                              -find a way to lessen what I can hear of the secretaries'/ bosses' chatter
                              -brilliant idea notepad
                              -don't answer phone whenever possible (already do this one, but for another reason. If I could silence the damn thing, I'd be ecstatic)
                              Paying attention
                              -active note taking
                              -echo instructions back
                              -get it in writing
                              -keep notebook of what is said and done while at office
                              -take a break every so often to stretch/ walk around

strategies and links
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                I have a book on it, picked it up over Thanksgiving from Half Price Books.
                                Cassie (my middle sibling, the one with all the legal issues) was/is the poster child for ADHD, hyperactive/ impulsive type. Of the 3, I'm thinking mine's most likely the combined type. I can't be 100% sure though because I've been TRYING (and failing in some cases) to compensate for it for 26 years now. I have no clue what's actually a compensated system and what's "normal" in me in this case. My compensation was so spectacular throughout school that it never crossed my mind i could have it. Now, well.... A lot of the tricks I used on myself in HS are flopping in a place where I can't really use them.
                                I might give you back your cookbook and borrow a few of your ADD books. (I know I don't have to give back the cookbook right yet, but if I don't do it this way, you won't get it back. Trust me.)
                                I had the same problems. I was alright until college. We still haven't figured out which quirks are personality traits and which are compensating measures.

See signature for more details.

If you want to keep the cookbook for your birthday present, go for it. I have it on my Nook.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                                X