No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    I can see the beginnings of my linea alba (that line down the stomach.) I have to tense my muscles to see it, but it's starting to show up.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
      I can see the beginnings of my linea alba (that line down the stomach.) I have to tense my muscles to see it, but it's starting to show up.
      *looks down*

I want one!

Congrats!
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Congrats! I have one too, but I never knew that's what it was called... Oooh... you're so educational!
        "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Meaty, I'm gonna thwop you.
          Anyways, FUBAR chicken vindaloo for dinner over leeftover veggies and turnip greens. FUBAR because the onion was chopped too big and never broke down before the chicken started to. Tasty. But FUBAR.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm thinking stress has more of an effect on me than I have been willing to give it credit. I had (well, am consciously fighting now) a nasty habit of taking things that didn't go my way personally, even if I didn't realize it; a nasty habit of not letting anything go; and a nasty habit of staying pissed long past what should have been proportional. I didn't realize I was angry, or taking it personally, I just knew everybody was conspiring to make my life a living hell. I'm getting better about just letting things slide right on by without picking them up and taking them personally. I'm getting better about taking care of stress and not freaking over the small shit. As odd as it sounds, writing the Tough Bitch Meditations seems to be the breakthrough I needed. "Hearing" it come out of an alter ego's mouth in my words is exactly what I need, even if it's my own advice. I've also been trying to get to yoga/yogalates classes daily Mon- Thurs and spending relaxing time with those I love on weekends, which is helping a lot on the physical end.
            I don't know that whole30 is helping me enough for me to keep it up. I had already dropped all that, but I also kept it in moderation. Taking it to that extreme is taking me suspiciously close to eating disorder territory, so I'm backing it off. I need the moderation, otherwise I start, not tweaking, but "tweaking" in the aspect of eating less and doing more. Which isn't good, because I have a hard time eating enough as it is. whole30 has started making me suspicious of everything I don't make, worried that I'll break whole30. That's no way to live and a whole lotta stress I don't need. I'm dialing it down and adding in some other stuff. The original February Challenge is effectively over (well, it was last night when Geek made cookies and I attacked those and the dough.) It's close enough to my birthday that I feel comfortable setting an overall YEARLY goal and then setting up smaller monthly ones as addenda to the Yearly ones.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh, yeah, I should be putting exercise in here too, huh?
              Sun- 3.3 mi bike ride w/ SIL. I would've turned it into a 6.6, but she weenied out and I'd forgotten my jacket (3 miles is about all I can do in 50*F weather without a jacket.)
              Mon- 1 hr yogalates

Year 26 challenge
              In all cases, no stress if rule not met.
              Cardinal Rule: Lower and avoid stress.
              1) Eat plenty of meat, veggies, and fats. Avoid grains, sugar, and dairy.
              1a) Aim for 50g carbs per day.
              1b) Aim for at least 1850 cal/ day.
              1c) Fish oil to bring O3: O6 to 1:4 or lower, unless ridiculous amouts of fish oil involved.
              2) 1 destressing activity each day.
              3) Sleep- Aim for at least 7 hours a night, preferably at least 8.
              4) Exercise- Destressing activities will likely factor in to this. Try to at least do weights/ body weight twice a week, aim for at least 3 hours a week of moving slowly. Yoga qualifies as both. Run like hell once a week.
              5) Enjoy life. Play with niece, play with Kiddo, play with Geek, play with Guys, and HAVE FUN.
              6) Tough Bitch Meditations to continue, one post per day.
              7) Acknowledge worries and past issues and work to resolve them. This is NOT to interfere with the Cardinal Rule.

Monthly Goal:
              Continue trying to do Whole30 UNLESS it interferes with the Cardinal Rule.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• *hugs*

If you want to hang out this week, it's going to have to be Thursday. Running away on Friday after I'm off work.
                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• We'll see. Depends on how busy things get and how much of your house you've managed to get put away. If you still have stuff to do, don't worry about it.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• In case you haven't noticed, I haven't exactly been putting away the house...All I'll have to do is pack for camping!

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Gotta admit, you're a lot more lax about it than I am. I'd be going apeshit trying to get stuff put away so I could access everything. But, that part of how I am. Like I said, no worries either way.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I've lived out of boxes for months before because the idea of unpacking was so overwhelming. BS is the one who will insist on putting things up.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Dinner: 1/2 avocado, and an omelet: 3 eggs, 4 shrooms, 3 tbsp chopped sundried tomatos, 1/4 bell pepper, 3 strips of bacon, and 4 pepperonis. The veggies were cooked in almond oil/ butter, the omelet itself was cooked in remnant oil from the veggies and the bacon grease from the bacon.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• This journal is becoming a correspondence
                            "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• That's an intersting side effect of sugar and/ or wheat. I get cold. As in chilled to the bone, can't get warm without a heating blant, cold. I was blamin it on my thyroid, bur I don't think it is.
                              Brrrrrrrrrr..........
                              (Geek made homemade cinnamon rolls. I had a couple.)
                              I now have a couple VERY valid reasons not to eat grains. yay.

ETA: Farking dust storm. 23*F, wind chill of 5*F, winds over 30 mph with gust upwards of 50mph. grumblesnarlgrump.
                              Last edited by naiadknight; 02-08-2011, 07:53 PM.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
                                Excellent!!!!!!

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                I don't know that whole30 is helping me enough for me to keep it up. I had already dropped all that, but I also kept it in moderation. Taking it to that extreme is taking me suspiciously close to eating disorder territory, so I'm backing it off. I need the moderation, otherwise I start, not tweaking, but "tweaking" in the aspect of eating less and doing more. Which isn't good, because I have a hard time eating enough as it is. whole30 has started making me suspicious of everything I don't make, worried that I'll break whole30. That's no way to live and a whole lotta stress I don't need.
                                Thank you for this. It was just what I needed to read today

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                Monthly Goal:
                                Continue trying to do Whole30 UNLESS it interferes with the Cardinal Rule.
                                THIS!
                                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                                "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X