No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch: barbecue chicken and ribs. Nothing but meat, that I can tell. No sugar, no glaze, NOTHING. Now if someone could just convince them that coleslaw doesn't have sugar in it...
    ETA: Oh gods, the meat is that orgasmically smoked, fall off the bone, basetd in it's own juices kind too...
    Last edited by naiadknight; 01-31-2011, 11:29 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• It's too damn cold out there. Also, WTF is that white stuff out on my lawn?
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        It's too damn cold out there. Also, WTF is that white stuff out on my lawn?
        It's me. I came over for a hi and I melted (it's -30C here).
        "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• It's 19F here with a windchill of 5F. You should feel right at home. Now get your carcass inside, girlie!
          Lunch: curry omelet
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: hot over cold. sliced radishes, cuke, pepperoni (nothing that breaks Whole30!), cauli, broccoli, and green bell pepper cooked in bacon grease and olive oil and caramelized in balsamic (no sugar in this one) and a dash of brown mustard, served over bacon, Bibb lettue, romaine, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• It's too damn cold out there. I live in the desert/ scrublands for a reason, dammit!
              We turned on the fireplace for the first time last night, after using the shopvac to suck the rockwool from the attic out of it. Some days, I really despise the ijits who sold us our house. They half assed everything they could.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Insulation in your fireplace? Bizzare. o_o How'd the fire go after that, OK?

I know cold is traumatic when you're used to it being something other than cold. Sounds annoying!
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Nearest we can figure, they were doing something in the attic (God only knows what, we didn't see any evidence that something's been done since the latest roofing job) and it fell/ got shoved into the fireplace. Dunno. Our house was a halfass flip anyways, so this wasn't really a surprise. The fire itself went well. Comforting, etc. Glad we hadn't converted the fireplace to woodburning yet.
                  The cold I can tolerate as long as I on't have to be out there longer than to walk from my car to the house and vice versa. It's the idiots who think black ice means slam on the brakes and snow means "Holy shit, do 30" or "Holy Shit, do 90."
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Considering the number of idiots around here who think an SUV = immunity from everything and end up rolling their vehicles or rear-ending people as a result, I think if idiots are going to panic, I'd rather them slow down. It's still annoying but at least it's not so dangerous. (except with the black ice. Those are the same people that don't understand turning into a skid and think they still need to pump their antilock brakes...)
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out why the overpasses on the loop in Midland are open. I'm impressed if they managed to salt them well enough, but I'm still not going on them. Crossing the Jal is the extent of air-under-bridge I'm willing to cross...
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• TXDOT probably sanded the bridges. Between that and it being loose snow, not ice, it's probably reasonably safe. Crossing the draws would scare the hell out of me, but that's more because the entire area is sloped towards them and there's likely to be more around those. By the by, I wouldn't cross the Jal Draw at Ward, not in this weather. It should be safe, but I'd feel better if you didn't.
                        I only mind the slow folks if they're going 30 when there's no real reason to. Or if I'm stuck between them and a 90mpher stuck up my tailpipe and the other lane is iced over.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Fuck. 1245 and I start getting hunger headaches and gnawing pain in my stomach. I may go grab something at one of the Mexican food joints next door. If I'm not back in 3 hours, assume I froze to death....
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I was on Garfield, not Ward, and have no intentions of going on Ward. I'm pondering a trip to the grocery store tonight, but I'm sure I'll talk myself out of it once I go outside again.
                            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              Fuck. 1245 and I start getting hunger headaches and gnawing pain in my stomach. I may go grab something at one of the Mexican food joints next door. If I'm not back in 3 hours, assume I froze to death....
                              No freezing to death! I'm about to walk home for lunch (y'know, through the building and across the street).

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• The Mexican food joint was literally just across the alley, so I was fine. The asado was good, but seeing as how (for the first time in memory) I didn't finish my meal, hunger wasn't the issue. My headache's been getting progressively worse since I went outside too.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X