Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, if you aren't busy.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Nope, not busy.

I'll just tell BS I have a hot date and that I'll be out of the way while he and his friend move the heavy stuff.
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        I need to get some stuff off my chest. Read or don't, I don't care.
        I read it. Wish I could think of something magically helpful to say or do for you, but I can't.

This "employer's market" is fucking so many people over right now. NOT to trivialize what's happening to you in any way, but what I mean is... it's horrifying to contemplate that so many employers are basically taking complete advantage of their employees' tolerance, and so much of that tolerance is A) due to the difficulty of finding new, better jobs, and B) worn INCREDIBLY thin as you've described so eloquently and frankly.
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I know I'm not the only one being bent over by a company right now. And I really do empathize with the poor sods in worse condition than me. I DO have the option to bail for equal pay and go to the oil patch, but I refuse to. Not the way they work their folks and no way in HELL am I working that schedule.
          I do have a good chance of getting out, it's just really grating on me to stay in this place until I CAN get out.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• NK... it's the stress and ridiculousness of the job. I've been there... seriously been there. I don't want to go over it too much because I can still spin myself into a frenzy about it, but... almost 2 years with a boss who didn't train me, wouldn't tell me what he wanted, but would YELL at me for not doing it right, or... not doing it the way he wanted, though he would never SAY what he wanted, just acted like I should know because it was OBVIOUS. Toward the end I was getting tested for thyroid and adrenal stuff and he sent me an email because I was leaving at 5:00 (after getting there at 7a.m. and working through lunch so 10 hours)... when it was busy season and I should be going around asking people how I could help! I had to tell him I was advised by my dr to keep my hours less crazy until he got the results back and he asked why i hadn't told him? Umm.. duh... because I have nothing substantial to say. And why should I explain why I'm ONLY working 10 hours today, when I worked 14 yesterday?

Well... ad nauseum, on forever. Point being, the place sucked, he was a type A, egotistical, verbally abusive idiot who didn't know the first thing about running administrative systems. I did more work than any executive assistant he ever had and he just kept asking for more and would treat me like I was an idiot. Giving my two weeks was freaking awesome. Especially explaining that the long hours and stress had destroyed my adrenals and thyroid to the point where I was barely functioning, and my doctor told me if I didnt' cut my hours I'd never get better. He just stared, like the thought of working people into the ground had never ocurred to him.

Anyway... when I was in the middle of it it was hard to even hold a coherent thought about what to do or how to get out. I finally just quit-- no new job in sight because I thought if I didn't I might end up in the hospital or someplace worse. My home life suffered and my relationship to my husband was stressed because I was a complete mess. I would wake up on weekends having nightmares about sending emails incorrectly...and get depressed on Sunday morning because I had to go back on Monday.

Anyway... it took some time to get out of it, but getting away from that place was the best thing I ever did. I found a job where I can just do my work and nobody yells at me (my first job requisite after leaving there)... and went back to school so eventually I can work for myself. And I found my limits to what I'll put up with in the future.

But yeah... suckage mas grande. Wish I could send a band of renegade ninjas over to scare the bejeezus out of him. Some people are just dumb-ass douchebags. And some companies are just a big group of dumb-ass douchebags. And yes, unfortunately, these people continue on being idiots and still managing to run companies (don't ask me how.)

Here's sending good vibes for a new job on the horizon.....
            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• What, you mean 10 days on call 24 hours a day, then 4 days off, is NOT your preferred scheduled?
              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                I do have a good chance of getting out, it's just really grating on me to stay in this place until I CAN get out.
                As I recall from my prior job hunts, every time I had a promising lead I would hate my existing job that much more. It's like the possibility of escape scrapes away the veneer of routine and reminds you all over again how much the first job sucks.

So... yeah. Sympathetic. Ughhhrrh.
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Minxxa- I had a job I LOVED prior to this one. The city (aside from the BS towards the end) freaking ROCKED, even if the insurance did blow donkey sack. To go from that, to unemployment, to this knocked me for a loop. I can tell that this damn job is taking it's toll on my health, even though I'm taking measures against that. While I COULD quit, my resume is already hurting, I'd rather not make it any worse. And bill'sd be pretty hard to pay, because the schedule Twibble mentioned is pretty accurate for the oilfield. I've been fantasizing abt walking into his office and saying "Fuck you, take this job and shove it, I quit." I've had the nightmares (I'm busting my ass on whatever project and hear "you missed your deadline. You're fired!", etc.) I'm just waiting for the green light from SIL's company to put in my 2 weeks. If they ask why, I'll tel them EXACTLY why.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                    As I recall from my prior job hunts, every time I had a promising lead I would hate my existing job that much more. It's like the possibility of escape scrapes away the veneer of routine and reminds you all over again how much the first job sucks.

So... yeah. Sympathetic. Ughhhrrh.
                    Exactly.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch: taco salad, along with the occasional shard of taco shell that I didn't manage to pick out.
                      Dinner: Oopsie roll grilled cheese sammich, more cheese, more cheese, and some tomato basil soup.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I found this in my bookmarks. It seemed applicable.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Man, I'm sorry your job still blows.
                          Did you hear back from the other one (or did I miss that)?

I wish I could say something mildly intelligent/ helpful, but you know me
                          It's not happening when someone's looking (kinda like if you're pee shy!)

~the last sentence is why I don't have friends Y_Y attempt at clever analogies: FAIL~

The depression is catching, I've been in the gutter for weeks. Sad, that you're experiencing it too...
                          Huggles*
                          "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Meaty, the depression isn't catch, I had it LONG before I found MDA. The new job is promising, just hoping for that 2nd interview and wanting a chance to ace it. If I can get and ace that interview, the job is mine (according my SIL, the secretary to the plant manager that interviewed me.)
                            I know the feeling on it only happens if no one's looking. That describes most of my writing, come think of it.
                            Thanks for the huggles. I'm taking all I can get right now.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Aaw, Peanut, more huggles for you! <3

And another thing.
                              It could be worse.
                              This could be your family:
                              "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Awwwwwwwww.....
                                And
                                YEEEEEEEEEEEEF.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X