Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naiad,

Thank you so much for sharing that story.
    I would be honored beyond belief to be your partner in crime someday, beautiful lady

The world works in strange and beautiful ways, sometimes, doesn't it?

Comment

• 1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
      Dinner: 1 cup ground beast spag sauce, 3 egg omelet with 1 oz left over shrimp, 1 oz left over beef, leftover 1/2 jalapeno, 4 tbsp salsa, 1/4 cheddar. I tried a Fazoli's breadstick earlier, but the texture didn't jive well. My stomach didn't like the idea either

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
      Some. Laundry, dishes, wandering around my in- laws house...

3. Lift heavy things.
      Off day, unless you count lifting a laundry basket and hangers
      4. Run really fast every once in a while.
      kinda... I was sprinting earlier when I gathering laundry and getting ready for my shower.... I had to flame off some energy.

5. Get lots of sleep.
      13.5 hrs

6. Play.
      Not really

7. Get some sunlight everyday:
      Heavy cloud cover + sleeping til 1630 is not conducive to getting sunlight.

8. Avoid trauma.

yeah.

9. Avoid poisonous things.
      breadstick, call it my 20%

10. Use your mind
      Not really
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        5. Get lots of sleep.
        13.5 hrs
        *blink blink*

*blink blink*

wow.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

• I needed it. I was zonked from the past several days of being sick/ stress at work/ not being able to sleep.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

I needed it. I was zonked from the past several days of being sick/ stress at work/ not being able to sleep.
            ah, yes...a sleep deficit'll do that to ya.

thanks for sharing your story. I'd hug you but I know you're not very touchy feely

Whatever. *hugs naiad anyway*

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

• *accepts hug*
              I can be physically affectionate, but not with utter strangers. I'd say at least 10 people on MDA no longer fall under complete strangers and have been upgraded to "'net friend." Most of the 10, I'd hug on first meeting, unless they've indicated otherwise.
              As to the story, until fairly recently (2-3 years ago), I thought everybody had a story like that from growing up. I thought everybody had a similar family to mine. I'm just now getting my (full) story out. It'll be piecemeal, but you'll prob know the full one before I'm through here.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• 1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
                22 hr IF (just wasn't hungry. Lack of sleep contributed to lack of hunger)
                Dinner: at my favorite local Chinese restaurant. Soy, but no MSG. Something called Happy Family: beef, shrimp, chicken, pork, Krab, "lobster", scallops, broccoli, water chestnut, celery, mushroom, carrot, in a standard brown sauce. Had hot and sour soup for appetizer. More soy, but still maybe 2 tbsp total between the two dishes.
                Drinks: 3x 20 oz mugs green tea, 20 oz iced black tea, 8 oz almond biscotti tea.
                Dessert: 10 cherries, 1 block lindt 72%, 2 tbsp chocolate chip, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp coconut flakes, 1 Ferrero Rocher ball.
                2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
                20 min of wandering around downtown barefoot, 30 min wandering around stores.

3. Lift heavy things.
                sledgehammer 14 min

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
                nothing, really

5. Get lots of sleep.
                4.5 hrs

6. Play.
                Nope

7. Get some sunlight everyday:
                20 min under a partially cloudy sky, walking to and from vehicles

8. Avoid trauma.

I averted danger for the day.

9. Avoid poisonous things.
                Had some soy, but it shouldn't be enough to do everlasting harm

10. Use your mind
                Met with another citizen. Her husband had built a cinderblock wall around the property umpteen million years ago and never put in weep holes (holes along the bottom of the wall for drainage.) Wanted to know why her yard held water. *facepalm* Explained the standard practice we recommend in that situation, added that the city may be able to help her with the drainage in the right of way but legally couldn't do anything on her property. she seemed fine by it, just wanted to know what the city'd be able to do so she wouldn't do it when we'd do it for "free." Got the standard "I pay my taxes" rhetoric (FYI: do not use that on public employees. They've heard 5 bajillion times before, if anything, it'll put them in a mind to help less,) smiled, nodded, and went on with the solution.
                Spent 2 hours doing something the hard way only to find out that there was a 45 s easy way. D'oh! Spent another 3 hours trying to get AutoCAD to talk to Excel. Finally got them talking right before I left. Finish that up tomorrow.
                Went to the toy store hunting for something for neice's birthday. Got the kiddo a $50 kid's electric guitar. She's somewhat spoiled in that regard, but we see her as a precursor and experiment for our own child(ren.) We encourage her to follow her passions, which right now are the guitar, singing, and science. She has a mind that is the product of great genetics and prenatal expermientation. She's fairly well adjusted, adapts on the fly to most things, reading on a 3rd grade level in kindergarten, and makes connections no 6 year old ever would. I'm only half joking when I say she's 6 going on 10.
                Last edited by naiadknight; 06-29-2010, 10:15 AM.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

*accepts hug*
                  I can be physically affectionate, but not with utter strangers. I'd say at least 10 people on MDA no longer fall under complete strangers and have been upgraded to "'net friend." Most of the 10, I'd hug on first meeting, unless they've indicated otherwise.
                  As to the story, until fairly recently (2-3 years ago), I thought everybody had a story like that from growing up. I thought everybody had a similar family to mine. I'm just now getting my (full) story out. It'll be piecemeal, but you'll prob know the full one before I'm through here.
                  my father used to stick me with needles when I was an infant to make me tough.

Comment

*accepts hug*
                    Thanks for sharing. Sometimes it's easier to let such things out in an 'anonymous' online setting than to those around you. Many of us have our own dark days from the past, that even though we may have risen above or 'got over it', they stay with you. I suppose whatever the story, it has aided in us becoming the person we are today. Having to survive sometimes is not so easy. Not sure where I'm going with this, but I feel compelled to also offer you a cyberhug.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Where do I fall?

And your niece is on the right track! I wish I figured out my passions this early, I'd be unstoppable! Maybe I just needed an awesome aunt like you
                      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• NSWM, you're easily within the 10 or so. And my being your aunt would be kinda creepy. I'm 25, you're 21, yeahhh.... kinda creepy.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Haha, yes... but then again if my mom was your sister you could be :3
                          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Yeah, but still creepy. Almost verging on redneck/ white trash territory there....
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• By the way, what the hell's this wet shit falling from the sky? I may end up doing buku amounts of drainage stuff today.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Uh... I'm not sure what's falling from the sky in Odessa (hehe, my dad was born there, but in Ukraine ) but here we call it rain.
                                And in June it's a wonderful blessing (but a frequent one, it rains every day in Montreal, the city of forbidden pleasures, i.e horse meat).
                                -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Working...
                                X