Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    I think it's more the mental escape I need than the lamp.
    Still might be psychologically good for you, in the absence of opportunity to go outside?

And YAY interview!! I'll be crossing my VFF-toes for ya!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Yogalates (I think that's how you spell it) for an hour after work.
      Dinner: Crock pot beef roast over Boston lettuce, green leaf lettuce, and spinach. Topped with cauli, broccoli, tomato, and green bell sauteed in butter and crockpot juices. Dressed with crockpot juices reduced down with garlic red wine vinegar.
      Dessert: Geek bought baklava, so I had to try a piece.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
        Yay! Good luck!
        Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
        Good luck NK!
        Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
        Rock it girl!
        Originally posted by Jenny View Post
        Still might be psychologically good for you, in the absence of opportunity to go outside?

And YAY interview!! I'll be crossing my VFF-toes for ya!
        Thanks for all the support, ladies! I plan on kicking ass in the interview.
        Jenny, you have a valid point. I'm just too cheap/ poor to buy the lamp at the moment to run a pricey experiment.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Just a desk lamp from home with a daylight bulb might be nice? The bulbs aren't TOO expensive? (as opposed to the whole official expensive Ott light.) No pressure obviously, just brainstorming aloud here.

Whenever I get to feeling that way I open the lid of my reef aquarium at home, which has high-output blue actinic and daylight bulbs. It's like a frickin' religious experience, it's so bright. Whew!!
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
            Just a desk lamp from home with a daylight bulb might be nice? The bulbs aren't TOO expensive? (as opposed to the whole official expensive Ott light.) No pressure obviously, just brainstorming aloud here.

Whenever I get to feeling that way I open the lid of my reef aquarium at home, which has high-output blue actinic and daylight bulbs. It's like a frickin' religious experience, it's so bright. Whew!!
            Would a full-spectrum lamp designed for sewing do the same thing (ie, Ott knock-off)? If so, I have one Naiad can borrow for a bit and test out.
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• OH HOLY FUCK, WHAT DID I DO TO MY SHOULDER? in gratuitous amt of pain, going to doc abt it.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm guessing you don't want a literal answer, and a hug could make it hurt worse...

*offers chocolate*
                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Got painkillers, got an MRI ($3000 deductible?!?!) Get results next week.
                  Thanks for the chocolate Twibble.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner last night (only meal all day, prob should've eaten after blood draw abt 8 hrs earlier): 12 oz ribeye, baked sweet p'tayta, salad with bleu cheese dressing, andarollandalhalfthatIshould'veleftalone.
                    Dessert: half baklava
                    Goddammit, I'm falling off again. Must STOP!
                    That job is mine, they just don't know it yet.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Congratulations on the job interview!!!! Where is it based?
                      "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• Odessa, just north of town.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          That job is mine, they just don't know it yet.
                          Good. Go get your job.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Hope the shoulder feels better.

And definitely, go get your job.
                            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Shoulder's better today, but still takin pain meds.
                              I went and found out there 5 other people in the running for this job. I was the 4th interview, he hasn't had a chance to look at the other 2 resumes, so there's a chance they could just get tossed for being unqualified. One of those people is from NY, so they'd hafta pay relo fees for that person. I'm already in the area. I'm notoutright depending on or expecting this job to go through, but I'm figuring it's highly likely that it will.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• *crosses fingers and toes*

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                                X