No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thread gave me an idea for dinner tonight: Homemade spag sauce and veggies. That's homemade as in start with raw tomato and such, with the family recipe. I'll see what happens if it goes into the pressure cooker prior to adding the meat. I think it'll work out, I'll just need to boil out the excess liquid after the fact.
    The "family recipe" for anything is our family is really funny, because it's not a sacred recipe, it changes every generation. My grandfather took out the mushrooms and about half the garlic, my Dad added meat, added the garlic back, certain spices, carrot (to help leach away some of the acidity), I added a LOT of garlic, more basil, more onion, and shallots, and some extra vegetation (zuke, a little spinach, and a couple others.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Either way, sounds tasty to me!
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• YAY spaghetti sauce!!! When's dinner??? (jk....i'm making meatloaf )

Happy Friday, Naiad <3<3<3

Comment

• I just got told that I'm working enough hours. Even though I busted my ass on that report (and supposedly went above and beyond what they expected,) I should've done it quicker. 8-5 job? They want it to be more like 7-6, with time on the weekends too. They made it an official warning. 3 of those and I'm fired. I don't live to work, dammit. They were trying to hold the idea of eventually managing people over my head like a treat, when, in reality, it's the last thing I want. I want to be able to spend time with my family. I HATE the idea of being management. I'm sitting here trying not to cry because this job is turning into the antithesis of what I want from my career. But there's nowhere else for me to go. No one's hiring right now, not for engineers without PEs and assloads of experience. I'm starting to get that bad feeling again, that "I want out, I want out, I want out, get me the fuck out" feeling. If this is a cue to quit working and concentrate solely on my writing, then the fates need to come up with a way for me to be able to foot the bills while I'm doing that.
          I fucking hate this job.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sorry NK. I know the feeling and it sucks.
            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• *hugs*

I'll try to remember to ask my boss on Monday if he knows about any openings for CEs coming up.
              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I'll bug you about it tomorrow.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Breathe
                  "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                  "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse
                  "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                  "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Hugs <3<3<3

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm doing better now. Hung out with Twibble, Geek, and BS earlier. Had dinner at a thai place (red curry), and hung out at a coffee joint. Had fun. Trying not to think of how much I hate my job.
                      Cleaned up the whole damn house this week. As in, it hasn't been this clean since we moved 2.5 years ago. Feelin' good about that.
                      Tryin' to find other stuff to feel good about doing, but... I dunno. That warning really threw me for a doozie and I'm having trouble picking my self esteem back up. I busted my ass on that project and was told "you should've done it in a week" and "you've only been working 8-5, we expected more out of you, like 10 or 12 hour days, to impress us."
                      Dicks.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Job troubles are no bueno *hugs*

Comment

• Thanks for the hugs, everyone.
                          Dinner: completely homemade from scratch spag sauce, zuke noodles.
                          Dessert: Toblerone, 2 triangles; and applepumpkinsauce
                          Last edited by naiadknight; 01-15-2011, 10:49 PM.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            Dinner: completely homemade from scratch spag sauce, zuke noodles.
                            By the way, in case anyone else is wondering...this is insanely tasty. Yum!

Thanks Naiad!

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• OMG, that's disgusting!
                              Do they pay you overtime for working over hours?
                              Is this expectation/ request legal otherwise?

I hate your job for you, and there's no reason not to play nice and wait for the right time to stick a knife in their backs and quit unexpectedly once you find something new (you have no choice, right?). Then they'll beg you to work an hour a week cause they need you :P

Write the next Twilight, with zombies and apocalyptic themes (and kill the main characters please). Then you can become my mentor and not work, ever (and support me, as I will live in your basement and with your very own shrine).

Great ideas, right?
                              you welcome :P
                              "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Technically, I'm getting time and a half overtime. I did miss a intermediate deadline but we got product to client on time, with more in the final product than the client expected or dreamed of. They got after me because the client gave us a set amt of funds, as opposed to an hourly rate (most of our clients pay the hourly rates), and the hours I worked on it lost them money. Yet, they wanted me to work more hours on it, and work overtime hours to complete it? Wouldn't that have lost them more money?
                                I don't know if this expectation is legal or not. We are busy, and all the bosses are working some overtime. I was unaware I was supposed to be working overtime even though I'm not a boss. I was under the impression that if I got my work done on time to present to client, they didn't care if I worked overtime or not. Turns out, I'm over/ on EVERY project on engineering side of house, and should be busting my ass on all of those as much as possible, which I was never told prior to this meeting. I think that, legally, they're in the right to demand I work on everything, because of the title they gave me. BUT, I don't know if they are in the right to demand 50-60 hr weeks just because they think I should be trying to impress them.
                                They were holding the idea of eventually having EITs under me like a carrot and stick, which is the furthest thing from what I want. I never wanted and never have made the hint that I want to go into management.
                                I'd love to write the next Carrie or Stranger in a Strange Land or Ender's Game. That involves me having time to write. Which... 12 hrs a day + 1.333 a day driving+ 8 hrs sleep + 1-1.5 hrs to cook and eat..... that leaves me with an hour a day for time with my husband and writing and cleaning. I already have packed weekends.
                                Meaty, I am talking with my contacts and seeing if anything is open or can be made available. I'm also talking with a contact to find out if this is an unreasonable expectation.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X