No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm almost walking on air today. Got compliments on how comprehensive and thorough the report was, there were only minor layout changes (no edits to the report itself, just structural stuff, so I don't really count it as a 3rd edit), I got a lead on a possible female friend that's not a total femme, AND the report'll be submitted to client today. Not to mention I took a SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) as to which held highest priority between salvaging streets and priority streets and I was right (my bosses were thinking he might want it the other way.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Good stuff Naiad! Happy for you!
      Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Thought I'd drop by and say hi!!!!!
        "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• Hihi, Victoria!
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: Greek Salad- chix boob, lettuce, cuke, grape tom, red bell, feta (1 oz)
            Dessert: another stuffed egg crepe. 2 eggs with a splash of eggnog as the crepe, a handful of grapes and a handful of cherries sauteed with butter, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon and mixed with raw pecans. All cooked in half a stick of butter (well, 3 tbsp total went into it, the rest stayed in the pan.)
            1002cal
            39g carb
            74g fat
            47g protein
            dairy? yes, but minimal
            Last edited by naiadknight; 01-06-2011, 07:45 PM.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              I'm almost walking on air today. Got compliments on how comprehensive and thorough the report was,

I got a lead on a possible female friend that's not a total femme,
              Congrats on BOTH of these things

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              Dessert: another stuffed egg crepe. 2 eggs with a splash of eggnog as the crepe, a handful of grapes and a handful of cherries sauteed with butter, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon and mixed with raw pecans. All cooked in half a stick of butter (well, 3 tbsp total went into it, the rest stayed in the pan.)
              I'm gonna have to try this...
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm a bit miffed at bosses right now. after praising me so thoroughly on it, they turn around and ask for a "few minor tweaks." Just some COMPLETE MAP REDOS and overhauling 50 PGS of the Appendix and little things like that.
                I broke down and had a nap and a couple kolaches for lunch. I'll really need to watch my carb intake the rest of the day and tomorrow.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• That would be the notorious report you busted your butt getting done before Christmas while various bosses skipped out and they didn't even need it till later?

I'm impressed that you took a nap instead of the aforementioned bat/copier combo. Perhaps it's for the best that you don't have that giant wrench in hand all the time. As far as I know.
                  "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• That exact report, Jenny. I NEEDED that nap. I've been sleeping hard, but not long enough. It's a damn near dreamless sleep, which worries me. I ALWAYS have multiple dreams a night, usually pretty vivid, and I usually remember the majority of the last dream I have.
                    Today's food wasn't PB.
                    I'm off to kill shit in GTA IV.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

I'm off to kill shit in GTA IV.
                      Sound like much-needed catharsis. Enjoy....
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Dinner: Local little Italian joint- 2 pieces garlic rolls (I NEVER turn down their garlic rolls, they're that good, and 2 is better than the 6 I would usually inhale), shrimp fradiarolla with spinach in place of noodles (shrimp, roasted red bell, spicy marinara, garlic, more garlic, and shrooms.)
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I did enjoy, Jenny. Starcraft II helped too.
                          Breakfast: spaghetti omelet- 3 egg omelet filled with spaghetti veggies and topped with leftover spag sauce (Italian sausage is ALWAYS in our spag sauce)
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Met up with Twibble today. We wandered around and talked and fooled around on a playground. Had a LOT of fun, got in my play, discovered I could, in fact, do negative pull ups, and got in lots of move around slowly. Oh, and found a local female Guy (Twibble)! It's been a good day.
                            Also bought a book on herbs (including medicinal and cooking uses and growing hints) and a book on writing tips with a gift card. The 2nd book is to kick my ass into gear with writing my latest novel.
                            Writing Goals: 500 wds/ day, including weekends. This may be expanded out to 3,500 wds/ week. That's only 2.75 pgs per day. It's infinitely doable.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: spag sauce, ground beast meatballs, salad- spring mix, red and yellow bell, ranch dressing, parmesan.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

Dinner: Local little Italian joint- 2 pieces garlic rolls (I NEVER turn down their garlic rolls, they're that good, and 2 is better than the 6 I would usually inhale), shrimp fradiarolla with spinach in place of noodles (shrimp, roasted red bell, spicy marinara, garlic, more garlic, and shrooms.)
                                I forgot to ask you where this is. That sounds tasty.
                                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                                X