Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner: pot stickers, hot and sour soup, garlic chicken stir fry
    New Year's treat: homemade sangria (fruit, frozen strawberry puree, merlot, ginger ale)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I hope you feel better soon! Happy New Year!

Comment

• HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone! Here's to a year that doesn't blow and is free of drama!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Grumblesnarl. I think I may have a sensitivity to pineapple. I love the stuff, but it makes my mouth itch and my throat sore (even when I'm not sick). I may continue to "not remember" this fact when presented with pineapple or, I may actually start avoiding it too. I haven't decided yet, but it's REALLY tasty. Can you tell I'm wiped? (Tired, not drunk. 16 oz wine in 6 hrs means I didn't drink enough to even get buzzed.)
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Slept for a solid 12 hrs, thanks to Nyquil.
            Dinner: 12 oz medium prime rib, cheese fries, salad.
            Christmas turtle
            Today's Macros:
            59 g carbs
            100 g protein
            163 g fat
            2335 cal
            dairy? (cheddar cheese and blue cheese dressing)
            O3: O6- 1:1
            Last edited by naiadknight; 01-01-2011, 09:08 PM.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• New Guidelines!
              1) Drop the dairy and back away. I went completely back on the dairy train and need to drop it again, damn it!
              2) More vegetation= more carbs. Back up to 50 g carbs per day without tubers.
              3)Start watching omega 3 balance again. 4:1 (o6: o3) balance minimum, 1:1- 2:1 preferred. This means getting back in the habit of the fish oil.
              4) Lunch time IFs and bodyweight workouts at the office and daily pull- up/ chin-up work at home.
              5) Lunchtime walks. This means keeping the VFFS/ flat soled shoes in the car. Start flat sprinting back and forth across roads to get in sprints.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Happy New Year, Naiad!
                Sorry you're not feeling well---get better soon. Cause this is going to be a year which doesn't blow at ALL

And I could use some copy machine ballistic maintenance tips for the one I have at work. I almost put a bullet it in a couple of nights ago.

Comment

• It wasn't the copy machine's fault. It was just an innocent bystander. My computer is too short on memory to do what I needed it to, so it's my work computer that made a very powerless enemy. Unfortunately, it's a matter that percussive maintenance won't work on. I'm sure that it'd make me feel good to take it out to an abandoned field and make it turn into tiny pieces, but then I'd be SOL for getting stuff done. oh well.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• I had one of those funny moments that make you really think during dinner. We were sitting in a booth at the restaurant, the kind where the two sides are joined for two different tables. There was this little blond boy (maybe 3 or 4) that kept standing up and poking his head over the booth to say hi and tell me about stuff. This happens occasionally and normally I wave or say hi and make eye contact and generally acknowledge but don't encourage the kid. I did the same thing, but when I made eye contact and the kid blushed and ducked his head, it kinda zinged home that I've pretty much healed the damage caused emotionally by the drama growing up. I can think about kiddos without mentally berating my parents or fighting myself on how badly I may or may not have fucked my sisters up. I can actually comfortably think about having kids in the future without feeling like I rushing from one set of kids to the next. I can't say going primal did this, but I do think that having a healing/ healthier body encouraged me to deal with the mental fungi that had been hanging around.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Perhaps you just need a random bustable object to take out to a field and destroy with a bat then, for therapeutic purposes!

Interesting RE: the mental fungi. Glad it's positive! That sounds like a lot of healing and progress.
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Just put my pull- up bar to a true test. I can do a negative to a failure when my arms reach 45* at the elbow, I can do a pull with 1 leg on a stool (bearing half- 1/4 my weight on said leg), I can do 1/4 pull up/ chin up without any assistance. Seems like the real weakness is in the arms. My back and abs just kinda laugh and go "is that all you got?," but my biceps wimp out way too early.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          it kinda zinged home that I've pretty much healed the damage caused emotionally by the drama growing up.
                          This. Is. Excellent!!!
                          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse
                          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I am an official friend of your blog my dear! Glad to see you are doing well... I have missed you terribly!
                            Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Dinner: 2/3 T-bone, 1/2 small ball potato, 2 c salad, low fat balsalmic vinaigrette (I was at the in- laws, it was that or ranch.) Oh, and 3 chocolate chip cookies niece made.
                              913 Cal
                              65 g protein
                              46 g carbs
                              52 g fat
                              dairy? nope
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: chili, roasted garlic, leftover sangria fruit (pineapple, cherry, strawberry, raspberry, lime, lemon), a few bites of sourdough roasted garlic bread. +vitamins, vit D and fish oil
                                649 Cal
                                56 g carb
                                25 g fat
                                52 g protein
                                dairy? none
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X