hope tomorrow is better for you !!!!
    "Misfortune
    can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
    come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
    new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
    things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

Comment

• Prayer to the Fates
      I would not interrupt or tangle the Tapestry, but I beseech a boon of y'all. I ask for empathy and understanding, so that I know what to expect of those around me. I ask for patience, so that not everything starts me worrying; this also ties into the request for empathy and understanding. I ask for health (I'm trying to help you help me with this Primal stuff), so that I have more patience and energy to put towards helping you help me. I ask that those around me understand, rather than demand, same as I ask for myself.
      Prayer to Athene
      Grant me the wisdom and knowledge to understand and work within and without, to know when to drop something or when to keep beating the dead horse, and the serenity that comes from knowing it'll all work out, even if I mes up.
      Prayer to Loki
      Have you not had enough fun with me? Have you not shown your hand repeatedly in my life within the past several months? Please, grant me respite and peace from your pokes in the Tapestry.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks, Bone. I actually ended up crying a bit last night, just to get some of the crap out of my system. So, even interwebs support means a lot to me right now.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch: Steak ala Mexicana (skirt steak strips with jalapenos, onion, and tomato sauce) and iceberg salad with a wee bit of ranch dressing.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Not that any of y'all care, but I am starting a blog. Some PB stuff, some other stuff, lots of Naiad.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• {{{hugs}}}

I'll check out your blog tomorrow, 'cause it's after 10 and I gotta go climb into my bed
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Snack: a couple handfuls of pistachios
                Dinner: 5 oz T- bone, 1 egg, a few bites or romaine, 3 oz chicharonnes with salsa.
                I'm really gunning to get Kid's gift done so I can post it tomorrow to the blog.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• i care :P

i'll link you from my blog.

i am sorry shit is sucking as of late. holidays bring out the batshittery in a lot of people, it seems.

**non plague-bearing hugs**
                  sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Merry Xmas Naiad! Hope you have a wunnerfuol holiday. Today I was doing my morning walk and was stopped by a cop. I guess someone reported a kooky grampa walking around the neighborhood in a Santa Hat before dawn. Damned Grinch's anyway.

Best, Chas
                    They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

Comment

• Thanks, Batty. I'll try and remember to link to yours.
                      Glad to know I'll have at least a couple folks reading.
                      Merry Christmas, chas! It wasn't just your area. My boss (Minigoats) told me to take off my elf ears. There're grinches all over the place.
                      Fud:
                      9 AM: Egg sausage cheddar casserole thingy, courtesy whoever left it out for eating in the break room
                      1300: Caramel Brulee latte. It would've been good with less syrup crap in it
                      2000: leftover veggie soup with an egg poached in it and 3 slices bacon.

"Veggies Are Going Bad" Soup
                      3 slices bacon
                      2 tbsp turmeric
                      1 tbsp curry powder (I actually used a Middle Eastern blend of spices)
                      1 cardamom pod
                      3 cups chopped veggie
                      Chicken broth
                      garlic

Cook the bacon, set to one side. Add garlic to bacon grease, cook until garlic is fragrant. Add spices. Cook until REALLY fragrant. Add veggies, sautee/ stir until veggies are al dente. Add enough chicken stock to just cover your veggies. Cook until soft veggies are falling apart and the hard veggies are tender. Apply stick blender/ blender, make it as chunky or smooth as you want. Mix in crumbled bacon and serve.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I had to drive to Pecos today to take some photos. Worked from home on that damn report right after that. Just finished work for the night an hour ago. 14 hours today. After that, I finished laundry and cleaned up the filthy kitchen (seems like I'm the only one who knows how to do it right now, even though he's on vacation.) You know what really tweaks me off about this damn report, other than I'm having to work overtime and take work home 3 days before Christmas? Knowing that 2 of my bosses are already on vacation and the most work the third has done is ride my ass about this report and promise other clients schedules we can't keep. He usually stays an hour late, but I doubt it's actually work that he's doing. Matter of fact, I firmly believe he's twiddling his thumbs and waiting for tomorrow at 5.
                        C'mon 5 o'clock tomorrow.... they can suck it if they think I'm doing any work Friday through Monday. Those are my days off, the only ones I GET because I have no vacation time (can't earn vacation or sick hours for 90 days, if I take time off, even for sick, it's leave without pay.)
                        Now where the hell'd I put that Christmas Spirit....
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Argh. Sorry Naiad. It's definitely a wierd christmas season. I'm holing up at home cuz every time we leave the house we see the christmas nuttery going on out there...

And I will definitely read the blog.
                          sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• I'm going home after work and STAYING there until Friday night, when it's Christmas at the in-laws.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I usually have a perverse enjoyment of the christmas nuttery, but this year I'm too beat to consider going out. Sounds like you've had more than enough to deal with, without heaping any of that on too, NK. May your non-working plan come to fruition...
                              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• My brain's trying to go on vacation already. I swear, if I could find a way to chain it to the mental desk without it gnawing through the chains I would.
                                I enjoy the nuttery of the holidays when I'm not under stress from something else. I may actually go out looking at Christmas lights tonight.

Lunch: Office luncheon at the local Chinese buffet. I was as good as s possible at a mediocre Chinese buffet, with the exception of some sort of coffee chocolate cake (one of the little inky dinky squares chinese buffets do), and a couple cream puffs.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X